Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:51 AM

Default What's your situation

So it seems as if a lot of the post are older and a lot of people are not responding so. Let's start here what's your situation. My husband was sentenced to 24 months, he started his time 8/17, his ped waa 5/2018, his tmp is November 2018. What's your situation? Maybe we can comfort each other in this time!!

Last edited by twismwife86; 10-17-2018 at 11:59 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twismwife86 View Post
So it seems as if a lot of the post are older and a lot of people are not responding so. Let's start here what's your situation. My husband was sentenced to 24 months, he started his time 8/17, his ped waa 5/2018, his tmp is November 2018. What's your situation? Maybe we can comfort each other in this time!!

So did he get out? I hope you are with your loved one. Mine has a 2 year sentence, TPM in June of this year. He just had a hearing in County for a VOP so he wouldn’t have to go there after his prison time. As matter of fact I hope all on here know that if you are in prison but you have another charge, you should try to get them to do a production order so you can have a hearing on the other matter and see if you can run your time concurrent so you don’t have to do time one place and go straight to another when you get out!
The Following User Says Thank You to SBJOHNSON For This Useful Post:
GingerM (03-15-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBJOHNSON View Post
So did he get out? I hope you are with your loved one. Mine has a 2 year sentence, TPM in June of this year. He just had a hearing in County for a VOP so he wouldn’t have to go there after his prison time. As matter of fact I hope all on here know that if you are in prison but you have another charge, you should try to get them to do a production order so you can have a hearing on the other matter and see if you can run your time concurrent so you don’t have to do time one place and go straight to another when you get out!

I'm so sorry I haven't been on here in a while. Yes he got out November 2nd. With your loved one Tom month being June I hope the are out, or you have some answers.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:12 AM

Sorry ped June, tpm September
Old 06-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Loving My Life!!!

Before I delete my membership here... I wanted to share hope. My husband was in a bad way. But after serving his time and two kids being born, he went to college and got a degree in CNC machining/programming. We have suffered and went without bit now we have more than we need. It is possible to come out of this. Only if they want too. Praying you all have peace.
Alexiel (09-04-2019), Corydora (09-03-2019), GaReform (06-24-2019), GingerM (06-23-2019), jadah (09-04-2019), Lordbew/us (09-09-2019), Ricoluv29 (06-22-2019), Wifenwaiting (07-09-2019)
Old 09-03-2019, 11:08 PM

Hi All,
I have a friend in a women's prison in Georgia. I was looking on this forum to get some general information about what it is like there. Does not seem to be much information about Emanuel Women's facility, but I will keep checking back. Nice to meet you all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corydora For This Useful Post:
jadah (09-04-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,249 Times in 3,225 Posts

Welcome to PTO, Corydora. Women make up such a small percentage of inmates that there isn't a lot of information about women's prisons available to us outmates.

That said, most things that apply to men's prisons regarding the processes like mail and visitation and such also apply to women's prisons, so a lot of the information here still holds for the women's prison.

It's not an easy path to be on, caring about someone who is incarcerated. You will always find support here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
jadah (09-04-2019), patchouli (09-04-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 06:08 AM

I’m one of those rare houndstooth members with a girl on the inside. My situation... well time wise the website says march2021 for release. She is still in reception though and the time doesn’t reflect the status and other things like overcrowding percentages or placement after visiting counselor. So this stage a bit of more limbo right now. I thank my blessings for having the time not being years and years like some others but this time is hard for me.

As for situation, I am pretty bummed out! I work as much as I can and can’t keep up the house, hate sharing my feelings with friends and family and just go round and round cycles.... my cat is my best buddy right now!

As for the site, I try and participate as much as I can, sometimes questions and sometimes support. It definitely is a quiet place though.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:49 AM

Thanked 1,893 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corydora View Post
Hi All,
I have a friend in a women's prison in Georgia. I was looking on this forum to get some general information about what it is like there. Does not seem to be much information about Emanuel Women's facility, but I will keep checking back. Nice to meet you all.

I know, there isn't much info that helps. I suggest you reach out to Pamela at Lifechangers Legacy. She started a prison mentorship for women in prison. I think she'd know something about Emanuel. She might even be able to help connect your friend to a mentor.

https://www.lifechangerslegacy.org/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
Corydora (09-05-2019), GingerM (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 12:51 AM

Thank you all, and I will reach out to lifechangerslegacy. This lady is the mother of my foster son (my sister and I are foster parents.) I have kept a phone account funded so that she can stay in touch with him, and over the years she and I have become friends. They have email there which is a wonderful thing. She has maybe two more years to serve (financial crimes).

She is close to 50 now and I don't know how she will rebuild her life when she gets out, but she has no choice. I would like to know what resources the prison system has for inmates when they are released.

Thank you again to everyone who responded to my post. I have been a visitor here for years, but never became a member until now. I also have a pen pal in an Arkansas facility. She is in her 70s and serving life. She has no family so she is stuck with me. LOL I am a single female who was looking for a way to help older women in need, and letter writing became my thing. I have met some wonderful people. Yes, they made bad mistakes and life changing choices, but they have as much value as anyone else. I believe that Jesus died for them, too, and loves them just as much.

So here we are. If I find out anything interesting about these facilities, I will post it.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,249 Times in 3,225 Posts

Quote:
It definitely is a quiet place though.
It used to be much more heavily trafficked. Unfortunately, message boards are dying out as people turn more and more to Twitter and Instagram and the like. Personally, I don't like those forms of communication as they are more difficult to have a multi-person conversation like one can have on a message board.

Quote:
She has no family so she is stuck with me. LOL I am a single female who was looking for a way to help older women in need, and letter writing became my thing.
Good for you! You deserve a gold star. I am Pen Pals with 3 guys still inside. My Dad died in prison and he asked me to "take care of the guys" for him. I visit them when I can, send money and books and letters. I'm just trying to make someone's life a little brighter. No one should be defined by the worst thing they've ever done in their life.