Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

WISCONSIN Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Wisconsin - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:21 PM

Post HOC/County Correction South - Franklin,WI

I am pretty new to this website and could not find alot of information on HOC so I thought I would make a post to help the new people who may have questions. My husband has been there for 3 weeks and 2 days and may have to be there for a year or so.

Visits - They get to have one visit per week, 30 minutes in length. Two people can come to the visit, but no one under the age of 18. You have to register online ahead of time. They are televisits - which mean through the computer screen/phone thingy. You can visit Thursday thru Monday from 9am-8:15pm. They want you to come 15 mins early and they let you inside 5 minutes before your visit time.

Mail - They can get as much mail as you want to send, lipstick kisses, perfume sprayed, pictures (as many as you want) - nothing naked but he said bra is okay, newspaper clippings. They can get magazine subscriptions - when I called they said nothing too riske like Maxim but my husband said that guys do have Maxim and King in there so I dont know.You can not send in any big items, but you can have books mailed in - but only directly from a publishing company.

Money - You can take it in or mail in a money order directly to him/her and it will be put on their books. It normally takes a couple days to get on there though.

Commissary - They can order but it ususally takes a couple days for them to get it and its very expensive. For example, my husband bought a radio walkman and it was $30! You can order food for them through Icare Aramark and there is a schedule online when they will get it - its supposed to be MWF but I have found that they deliver it whenever they want. Also online it says they only can get one pack a week but my husband has recieved two, so it all depends what they feel like doing I guess.

Phone - They can order phone cards through the commissary for $20 which gets them 6 calls or you can pay through correctional billing (Securus) and the cost just under $6 for 15minutes. They can only talk for 15minutes and then the phone cuts off. They dont have a random schedule and can call whenever they are not bunked. They do have to be in their bunk by 9:30pm.

They are in pods there, with 70 people to a pod. The medical care isnt great and they dont feed them well. They also dont really get to get outside or have rec time.

This is not a prison, but like a bigger county jail and does have less priveleges than the prisons do.

The address is 8885 S 68th St Franklin, WI 53132 which is easily reached off of the freeway, or an easy street drive from Milwaukee.

If you want to mail a letter, be sure to include "Office of the Sheriff County Correctional South Inmate Name/DOB/Booking #/Dorm & Bed#"

Some phone numbers I have acquired:
Front Desk 414-427-4700
Huber Office or Classification 414-427-6019
Huber Fax 414-425-6552

The inmates can call the public defender's office for free at 414-227-4994.

I hope this information can help someone. If I forgot anything or you have questions, just ask. If I think of or learn anything new - Ill add it.

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Donation Award 

Thanks for this useful information!