Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:42 AM
16 DAYS AND COUNTING DOWN

Default Question- prisoners released early?

Hey Guys! I have a question. I dont know if this is the right section or not

But for the past few days I have been seeing post about TDC letting some of the Inmates( ugh...I cant stand that word) go home early. One of the post I seen said that they are letting low level felons go home?? What would they consider low level?
Then i seen anther post that said they are considering or in the process (I dont know how to word it) of letting some who have no classes come home early b/c the prisons are soo overcrowded.

Rico doesnt have any classes to take ( i dont think) and he was given an FI-2. So does that mean he could be coming home early???

This is weird b/c when I was talking to Rico's cousin awhile back she said that the PO told her that Rico could be home as soon as the end of the month. But every time I call release and review they tell me they dont have a date. One time I called a lady told me that it would be after May 1.

So can someone please help me to understand. Im completely confused.

THANK YOU!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Life is great!

Interetsing, I'm not sure but I will keep your's in my prayers for a sooner release.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:48 AM

From my understanding of what Funtie posted was that it has been proposed but not "adopted" by TDCJ to start letting people go when they don't make it into their classes. It would benefit people maybe next year if it was started that way.

I don't know what they consider low level felons other than maybe victimless, nonagg crimes?

I would love it if they started practicing the early release about now as my hubby is just sitting there! I won't start ranting again......

Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Missing My Papito!

Default Hi

Hi, I heard the same thing bout letting certain inmates out early. Though from what I hear thats been said for awhile now but from what I am recently hearing from someone on the inside is that yes, certain ones may be let go early. example, violation, drugs, no agg cases though or anyone serving more than 3yrs depending on crime. But alot of inmates already knows this and some have got parole and never finish some of the classes they were taken. Hope its all true I want my baby home too. Good luck on your baby i hope he comes home early for you.

WAITING on a YES VOTE!!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
16 DAYS AND COUNTING DOWN

Well, that would be cool. Rico didnt have an agg case and he is in for drugs. We are waiting on the release date as we speak. But I mean if is taking up space there they can send him here... I have room here. -lol-
No but seriously if they dont let him come home early can I at least get a release date???!!!

Thank you everyone for answering. Hopefully we will get some answers sooner then later.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:24 PM

Free Rico, I'm right there with you. I have plenty of space at home for my hubby and private medical insurance. Send him home!!!!! Quit making me pay for him twice! ha, ha

Hopefully, you will have a release date soon!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Missing My Papito!

I know what you mean I want my fiance home so bad. What is taking them so long giving you a release date? I would go nuts my baby can come home but no set date. Grr would drive me mad. Already having a bad day no mail from baby

Oh I hope you get a date soon!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:45 PM

I am feeling poja, and keyjo. I am praying that they let my baby parole. Our review was suppose to be in june 07, but they pulled his file, and he saw parole 3/2007. I pray we find out good news in May of 2007. I need him home . Oh I hope I get a date that says PAROLE, and not SETOFF.

LuckyCharm Foster.......Every one deserves a second chance!!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:02 AM
Lovingly waiting for him!

I'm with all of you, if the rumor is true, lets start with the ones sitting there completed everything and just waiting for the "magic" month that the PBB set as a not earlier than month. I hate it that all of us have to wait, but look at it this way, at least they are coming home. They will be released from their bondage in GOD's perfect timing. I for one, just pray that nothing between now and the time our loved ones are to be released comes against them. That is the hardest thing for me in the waiting, is the enemy trying to stop my husband from being released. Just keep praying and covering yourselves and your loved ones with the white light of our Lord and savior and nothing will stop their releases.

God grant me the serenity to change the things I can the Courage to accept the things I can't and the Wisdom to know the difference