Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Visiting Question for Represa Folsom

I know this may not be the right forum to ask this, but I will try I am new to this and signed up hoping to get some answers, mY BROTHER is in Represa Folsom prison, we were told he is in bad shape, he is letting himself go, not eating, does not want to shower and a lot of other issues, he never returned the forms we need for us to go see him and we know and have been telling his doctors from the begining that he is not well. He needs medication or he becomes violent. They Just had a court last month and finally said he was not mentally competent to decide on his own about the medication he needs. We were advise to go visit him and that they would let us in to see him as a special visit. But we are supposed to call and schedulle this visit. I have been calling daily for the past 2 weeks and no one has answred the call or returned my call, I have left several messages. Mom is desperate.
We will go out there, but is a seven hour drive, and if we don't get to see him it will be like a waist of time.
Could you please tell me if you know who I could call to take care of this visit?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2007, 01:36 PM

There is a milage "limit" that if you go, they will approve you on the spot. It is something like 250 miles if you travel they will take your application there. He doesn't have to give you a CDC 106 visitation form. Maybe someone will tell you that exact number. But, You are over 250 miles. That happened with a friend that went with me to visit. They hadn't sent their 106 in prior to visiting and they were approved on the spot! Maybe double check with the prison or maybe someone else will reply with absolute information.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Joined at the heart!

debster... it is totally the discretion of the prison now. It is not automatic that you will be approved for any visit unless you have gone through the normal visiting procedures now.

Under the circumstances, I would call his counselor at the prison he is at and see what can be done. Especially in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debster
There is a milage "limit" that if you go, they will approve you on the spot. It is something like 250 miles if you travel they will take your application there. He doesn't have to give you a CDC 106 visitation form. Maybe someone will tell you that exact number. But, You are over 250 miles. That happened with a friend that went with me to visit. They hadn't sent their 106 in prior to visiting and they were approved on the spot! Maybe double check with the prison or maybe someone else will reply with absolute information.

Dusty’s Lady

HE'S HOME!!
As of July 25, 2007!!
And I am STILL loving it!!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:25 PM

MY husbands out there you should get ahold of his councelor. I hope all works out for you They all get really depressed when they first get there . My husband blamed me then wrote horrible letters. There frustrated. Once your brother gets to see a councelor and the physc. They get his meds. Keep the faith. I keep your family in my prayers.Keep calling the councelor.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:47 PM
"it is what it is"

i agree with the ladies my boyfriend is in csp sac too and i constantly talk to his counselor. the best time to talk to any one up there is EAAAARLY in the morning, preferably around 6:30 cuz that's when they change the guards so u can talk to someone right away. most of the administrative staff arrives around 8 or 9 o clock. just keep calling in the morning until u get tha answers u need! make sure they hear u and know its urgent, do not leave messages, they never get returned! OR if u deam it neccassary contact the warden.
`~`jam`~`
Old 01-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Joined at the heart!

Just a heads up on the courtesy visit thing, I got a courtesy visit (behind glass) today with my husband . I only live 50 miles away from the prison!! The sgt was soooo nice and gave it to me because I should not have to be getting approved, for the 3rd time!

So, it IS at the discression of the prison!

Dusty’s Lady

HE'S HOME!!
As of July 25, 2007!!
And I am STILL loving it!!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:42 AM
HIS Samanfer MAma

My husband was at folsom and i agree that you should talk to the counselor. THe visiting staff at folsom are exceptionally nice but you should talk to the visiting sgt. IF you call the prison and push the prompt number for visiting you will get a recording. SO call the prison and ask someone for the visiting extention and what i did was ask someone (records) what the extention was and then called visiting on the weekend. Becuase someone is usually always there then.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 PM

Default cool

Right on. You were lucky and the guard was nice!
Hope your visit was good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadustin
Just a heads up on the courtesy visit thing, I got a courtesy visit (behind glass) today with my husband . I only live 50 miles away from the prison!! The sgt was soooo nice and gave it to me because I should not have to be getting approved, for the 3rd time!

So, it IS at the discression of the prison!