Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:14 PM
one day at a time

Question Husband Sentenced 2 A 364 Bid in Middlesex County Jail

Hi my husband was sentence to Middlesex County Jail February 10th, this year for conspirarcy to manufacture & distribute drugs. He was sentenced to a 364 with the knowledge of being parole back to N.Y. after 4-6 months. Now we are finding out that its takes a longer time to get paroled back to NY, 8 - 10 months. I finally got his dispostion letter & find out that he it is manditory for him to participate in a drug program called ASAP. He doesnt use drugs or drink so I cant understand why they would want him to participate in this program while he is in there. Then when he comes out they want him to participate in a NA/AA program. Plus he has a 4 year probation term on top of this.. His lawyer failed to mention the drug program & she told us that he could be paroled back to NY after 4 months in. In a round about way I feel his lawyer screwed him. I have been contacting her in regards to appealing these issues & she doesnt show much interest at all. CAN HE APPEAL THESE ISSUES OR IS IT JUST HOPELESS?
Old 03-12-2006, 08:19 AM

I would like to welcome you to PTO, New Jersey Forum.
I don't have the answer to your question, but I have heard that people charged under drug related issues, have to go through the "NA" ritual. Someone that I know, had the same charges, and when he was paroled, he had to attend meetings, the same as a drug user.
I am sure that someone that is more knowlegable than me will be along and answer your questions.
I hope that everything works out in your favor.

Charlene
Old 03-13-2006, 09:27 AM
The Tatt'd Prosecutor

Any drug related charge in the State of NJ usually results in some type of program being handed out by parole. It is mandatory and highly unlikely the State will budge--especially since he has no ties to NJ.
You might try to find a program here in NY that will take him and see if NJ will substitute it for our program. It can't hurt to try.