Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 12-28-2002, 05:41 PM

Default It has begun....

hey everyone...hope all you guys had wonderful holidays, and here's to a better new year!

Skip was told he would be at county for 6 months, but TDCJ came and picked him up on 12/16/02. He is in Beeville, Garza unit, and I'm frustrated and elated.

The county lied about the hold...but at least it has begun. They are dragging their butts in getting his money transferred, and he had to give up his x-mas bag of goodies (apple/orange/cookies THANK YOU TIFA!!!!) for a stamped envelope. I'm going to put money on his books this weekend so he can at least write.

He took some stuff I had printed, flipped that over and wrote me on the backs of the pages. The good news is the noise I made got his review started, and I just got my acknowledgment from Austin yesterday that they got my letter and will place it in his permanent file for panel review. We are supposed to have an answer in 4-6 months.....you guys pray for us to make 1st review. I'm told it's 20% chance on 1st review...50/50 chance on projected release date (10/2003). FYI...I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for the next Texas legislation meetings in January, and I think it will be interesting to see what happens to TDCJ following those meetings.....as bad as it sounds....2003 may be a GREAT year to be incarcerated in the state of Texas!

I need a lil help...we are on DAY 47...and I'm losing my momentum. I miss him soooooooooooooo much, and I've cried a lot this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great new year.....!

kath
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2002, 05:56 PM

Default KATH

HOPE YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH THE PAROLE HEARING,
HOW LONG HAS HE BEEN IN? NOT BEING NOSY, BUT YOU SAID IN YOUR POST 2003 WOULD BE A GOOD YEAR TO BE IN TDC IN TEXAS, MY SON GOT 5 YRS FOR A DWI AND HE HAS BEEN IN 2 YRS AND 6 MONTHS, BEEN TURNED DOWN FOR PAROLE 3 TIMES, LAST REVIEW WAS IN SEPT 2002 AND THEY GAVE HIM A YEAR SET OFF. SEPT 2003 NEXT REVIEW. THAT WILL MAKE HIM BE IN THERE 3 YRS. AND 3 MONTHS. IF YOU HAVE ANY NEWS I COULD USE TO MAYBE GET HIM OUT BEFORE THAT WOULD YOU EMAIL ME----BHsugaplum@aol.com-----WOULD REALLY APPREICATE THE HELP AND IF I CAN HELP YOU IN ANY WAY LET ME KNOW. I STAND UP FOR HIS RIGHTS ALL THE TIME, WE HAVE TO. SO BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONE. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. IRIST TEXAS

DO THE VERY BEST YOU CAN AND
LEAVE THE OUTCOME TO GOD

MOST PEOPLE WALK IN AND OUT OF YOUR LIFE, BUT ONLY FRIENDS LEAVE FOOTPRINTS IN YOUR HEART
Old 12-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Been here forever

i wish you the best of luck, if you ever need to chat , please we are here.

It is crazy,, but 2003 is going to be good year year ( if that is possibe here in TX) but kenneth sent me a article that i was going to scae. but my darn cats kock my tea on it and now i cant scan it,

When inmates were housed in SEG here in TX they were not giving the opportunity to get schooling. Starting some time in 2003 they will be giving that chance. Also those that are housed in SEG also was giving or added 6 days to there time each month. Starting 2003 they will no longer do that. Kenneth said, NOW they do that…lol he is lock up in seg. But he is very happy for all those that are in is situation. As bad as I am not fond of Tx at least things seem to be changing in some what better way.
Old 12-28-2002, 09:03 PM
Closed

Kath, you are definitaly on my prayer list.
Old 12-29-2002, 11:10 AM

I know the feeling of what you are going thru ......BELIEVE IT.
So, I wish you the best of luck in all of your efforts.

Pookie
Old 01-02-2003, 08:34 PM
JOHNNY'S ANGEL

Kath, I only wish you the best. You and Skip are in my prayers every night. Send me an im anytime! lin88jon