Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Juvenile
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Juvenile Discussion of everything related to minors in the criminal justice system: juvenile detention, courts, rights, and family support.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 PM

Default A Polite Request for Stories

Dear All,

I am a British documentary filmmaker looking for families willing to share their stories for a 60/90minute film that I am developing. This may be sharing a story- without wishing to taking part, but perhaps highlighting and informing my early research.

I have been a Prison Talk member for over a year and have regularly followed threads on this forum. I am aware that all stories are sensitive and all would be discussed confidentially and without the need for any commitment from those willing to speak to me in the first instance.

I am specifically looking to get in touch with friends/family/campaigners for juveniles serving LWOP or life sentences.

Please PM me for further details.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,593 Times in 2,182 Posts

• Media / Journalists & Students / Researchers
When a journalist or member of the media posts on the site - or students/researchers post on the site for research purposes - they are expected to explain the purpose of the request to the members and to encourage members to post their stories in the thread. Considering the fact that this is a prisoner-oriented site, any media stories evolving from PTO communication should be that of a positive nature. Requests with the intent of provoking derogatory comments about prisoners or corrections officers will not be tolerated. Inviting outside contact of PTO members is also not allowed. Persons in the media and students/researchers are also not allowed to send unsolicited emails and/or private messages to members of PTO. Posting a personal email address within the thread is also not allowed. It is not the responsibility of the PTO Administration or Staff to authenticate or verify any statement or facts purported by members of PTO. At the discretion of PTO Administration, any media-related post/request or research-related post/request may be removed from the site. This may be done without warning or prior notification. PTO does not endorse any media outlet, journalist, member of the media or media story/report, or any students/researchers or involved educational/research institution. However, any information obtained from this site must be credited to Prisontalk.com and its members. Failure to follow these rules and policies will result in the request being immediately removed from the site and permanent banning of the media member(s) or students/researchers involved.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jillian For This Useful Post:
anothersurvivor (01-27-2010), Patty (01-26-2010)
Old 01-30-2010, 09:39 AM

Thanked 4,000 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie@Blast View Post
Dear All,

I am a British documentary filmmaker looking for families willing to share their stories for a 60/90minute film that I am developing. This may be sharing a story- without wishing to taking part, but perhaps highlighting and informing my early research.

I have been a Prison Talk member for over a year and have regularly followed threads on this forum. I am aware that all stories are sensitive and all would be discussed confidentially and without the need for any commitment from those willing to speak to me in the first instance.

I am specifically looking to get in touch with friends/family/campaigners for juveniles serving LWOP or life sentences.

Please PM me for further details.
For what it's worth, I've worked with Lizzie before and she was polite, friendly and pleasant, treated both my wife and I as well as the subject matter respectfully and I would not hesitate to work with her again.