Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 4 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 4 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Charlotte CI, Dade CI, Everglades CI, Homestead CI, Martin CI, Moore Haven CF, Okeechobee CI, South Bay CF, SFRC, SFRC-S

Old 05-22-2019, 10:25 AM

Default OKeechobee CI Lockdown?

Has anyone heard why Okeechobee CI is on lockdown? They been on level 3 lockdown since last Thursday. My man emailed me late last night and said its getting crazier in there, asked me to pray and that he loves me with all his heart and to let his mom, dad, and kids know that he said he loves them. Then I got another email about an hour later saying they are staying on level 3 lockdown for another 7 days which means no phone calls for another 7 days. I hate this!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2019, 10:45 AM

Have you tried to google it? Anything significant usually will make some local news I believe. So I guess in this case no news would be good news. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2019, 07:32 AM

I have tried googling it and nothing, but im assuming if its an active investigation or inside issues it wouldn't be on the news just yet. That's a pretty rough prison. He emailed me yesterday at 130am and told me that he loves me and r kids, and to tell his mom and dad he loves them too. He was worried about his own well being. They are on lockdown more than not, but im beginning to wonder if its due to the prison being so short staffed. I wouldn't think that they could do that tho. IDK, but I hate not getting the phone calls and all the worry that comes with the lockdown. His facility is 10 mins away and a couple friends work out there so Im going to try and contact them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dylansgurl For This Useful Post:
GingerM (05-24-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 04:45 AM

I think the lockdown ended yesterday. They have had multiple stabbings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie's Mom For This Useful Post:
GingerM (05-26-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 08:21 AM

They reduced it from a level 3 to a level 2 on Thursday. While visiting yesterday my fiance asked CO when they was going to lift the lockdown altogether and CO said possibly Monday or Tuesday if things keep going good. Its true what my man said tho, everyone behaving rn cuz they running out of food since canteen aint open during lockdown. They gonna lift it soon, everyone gonna refill their box and gonna end up right back on lockdown. They get put on level 3 lockdown almost weekly. Thats a bad prison to be at.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dylansgurl For This Useful Post:
GingerM (05-27-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 09:07 AM

Does anyone have an update on the lockdown? I've been calling the prison but no one answers.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:44 PM

I heard they are off lockdown.