Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 02-17-2021, 10:57 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,337 Times in 13,944 Posts

The US government, especially the IRS, never forgets. If they think you owe them money they won't send you any until it is paid off. Your son needs to file a written appeal, through the mail, of the "offset" (their name for "we stole your money") through the procedures contained in the 'denial of surplus' letter. Step one, request an accounting of why they claim he owes them money from 2007. Once he knows why, he can still formally appeal their decision and he will receive a determination letter, or if he is lucky, a stimulus check.
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM

Default Third stimulus Check

I helped my friend get his 2nd stimulus check on irs pirtal as non filer,. My question is do I have to file again to recieve is 3rd stimulus check?
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarellan2 View Post
I helped my friend get his 2nd stimulus check on irs pirtal as non filer,. My question is do I have to file again to recieve is 3rd stimulus check?
No they will automatically get it it seems that if someone doesn't do the non filers on line they won't get their money i no so many inmates that didn't get anything cause they filled out in the prison
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,337 Times in 13,944 Posts

Did he file 2019 or 2020 federal tax returns? We did, and were paid the first two stimulus checks quickly & automatically by direct deposit. Once (if?) the Congress stops playing their idiot games with the current pending Covid stimulus bill in the Senate, we'll see what will happen this time.

The federal legislators obviously think they are smarter than everyone else, but denying relief that is approved by such a high percentage of Americans (2/3?) makes no sense to me. Short memories may not turn out to be as short as they expect them to be.
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Did he file 2019 or 2020 federal tax returns? We did, and were paid the first two stimulus checks quickly & automatically by direct deposit. Once (if?) the Congress stops playing their idiot games with the current pending Covid stimulus bill in the Senate, we'll see what will happen this time.

The federal legislators obviously think they are smarter than everyone else, but denying relief that is approved by such a high percentage of Americans (2/3?) makes no sense to me. Short memories may not turn out to be as short as they expect them to be.
No he didn't file 2019 or 20 returns lol he was in jail yeah they act like we don't need the money so they will take their time to give it to us sad guess we will see what happens soon i hope