Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 08:09 AM

Default Lakeview Shock Read Only

my husband was denied shock and is currently being "housed" in lakeview waiting for an e-mail to come from albany to put him in his permanet facilitie does anyone know how long he could be there waiting i can't send no packages or anything because he's not in there permanet jail any info would help
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Home since 9/29/05! Yes!!

they could hold him as long as they want, i believe.....make sure he is careful because they go out of there way to get the inmate's tickets! i know from my fiance's experiences with that place!
Old 03-20-2004, 09:51 AM

i don't know if im even doing this right i hope u get this message Thanks for writing back its horrible what these guys have to endure in there the c.o's in lakeview have such a power trip I guess I'll just pray that they move him quick how long did it take for your man to finally get moved from there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2sq
they could hold him as long as they want, i believe.....make sure he is careful because they go out of there way to get the inmate's tickets! i know from my fiance's experiences with that place!
Old 03-21-2004, 05:36 AM

i don't know if im even doing this right i hope u get this message Thanks for writing back its horrible what these guys have to endure in there the c.o's in lakeview have such a power trip I guess I'll just pray that they move him quick how long did it take for your man to finally get moved from there?
Old 05-23-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Lakeview Shock Parole Information

I have tried to do a search on this topic.. but its hard to. My boyfriend might be going to a shock camp (God willing). From what I gather he can't have no packages, he needs to earn his visits which are every other weekend. The weekends that he doesn't have a visit he can make a 10 minute phone call. Is this info. correct? Can anyone add anymore? I'll be enternally grateful.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:47 PM

what facility would he be going to...or do u just want general information?

i will ask Joe because he was in shock at Lakeview SICF. i'll get back to ya with this...

...hopefully others will be along, too.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:24 AM

I know if he goes he'll start out in Lakeview, that is the starting point from what I understand. He got the impression that he'll be moved from Lakeview and be placed in a facility within 200 miles from his home. Jessica, anymore info. that you have about Lakeview will be great... thanks so much.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:57 AM
Carlswife

Sorry this was a duplicate message

Last edited by kimb1233; 05-24-2004 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: duplicate
Old 05-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Carlswife

My baby is also going to a shock program, the Willard, it is military for 3 months. He gets one visit every 2 weeks (on the weekend) and only 1 ten minute phone call every other week. I think he is being transfered from the Downstate facility in fishkill this tuesday but I am not 100%. you can call the actual program he is going ot and ask them for the mailroom, the person nt he mail room will be able to give the best description of what is allowed and what is not. If anyone else has someone who is goign to or is already at the willard program please contact me

Last edited by Manzanita; 09-22-2005 at 06:48 PM..
Old 05-24-2004, 01:39 PM

i will find out from Joe on saturday what Lakeview Shock is like........then get back to ya. i have been there when he was in the box but that is a whole 'nother story!

try to be patient! i will eventually get the info to ya! u know i love to help!
Old 05-24-2004, 05:25 PM

Thanks Jessica, I have learned to become patient dealing with NYS DOCS. I spoke with Sam today, he has a feeling that he is going to be moved this week.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:15 PM

LOL sam's girl!

yes, the patience just seems to come to us!

like i said, i will get back to u ASAP. most likely, over the weekend.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:33 PM

My boyfriend is also at Lakeview. I have not been able to see him yet (no transportation). I'd just like some general info-he can't have packages but wants me to bring him some things. He wrote and told me that things have to be in original packaging, have to have receipts, etc. True? I also wondered about visiting (I've only ever visited him in county). Do I have to let them know I'm coming? Do I have to be there at 9:30-or can I show up any time? Any info would be of help. He thinks he'll be there at least until December. He's not really in the "program" they are apparently just holding him there for now.
Thanks for any help with all the confusion.

Toonkey
Old 05-30-2004, 02:27 PM

Welcome to PTO Toonkey. My boyfriend called yesterday, he isn't in the program yet either. He said he can only call once a week on Saturday and the CO's tell him when he can call. As far as I can understand visiting is on Saturday's only from 9 to 3. You don't have to let the facility know you're coming. Its difficult for me to visit on Saturday's because I work. Lakeview from my house is like 8 or 9 hours oneway. Its just impossible for me to visit him right now. I hope they move him to another shock camp closer to home. To be on the safe side I would save all the receipts and bring them with you. Good luck!
Old 06-01-2004, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam's girl
I have tried to do a search on this topic.. but its hard to. My boyfriend might be going to a shock camp (God willing). From what I gather he can't have no packages, he needs to earn his visits which are every other weekend. The weekends that he doesn't have a visit he can make a 10 minute phone call. Is this info. correct? Can anyone add anymore? I'll be enternally grateful.
My fiance was @ the Lakeview shock program he siad it was not easy but he served less time being there. They all go through stages,
1. He will go to anger management classes and that is not easy they want to see how much you can take.
2. They are constantly making you do all sorts of excercise it's just like a military camp.
3. For some reason they start them off with wearing green caps then as they pass each course the colors change. From green to red to yellow I think. But my fiance told me it was no joke. And yes they can recieve packages.

Last edited by CitosGirl156; 06-01-2004 at 07:30 PM..
Old 06-01-2004, 07:39 PM

thanks Citos girl! I got an unexpected phone call from him tonight... it was just what I needed. He passed the two test and in the next few weeks he might be going to Moriah or Summit.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:09 PM

Wink Lakeview Shock

Hi i'm new in here and i was wondering if maybe someone can help me. My soon to be husband is in Lakeview right now in the shock program. i was wondering if anyone has or had a loved one there and can give me any information at all. thank u so much for your time,help, and support.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:48 PM

Hey there Babygirl2002..
SHOCK IS ROUGH!! My husband got thrown out from there a few years back.. He caught an assault on staff. They used to make my little brother carry his mattress around and all crazy kinds of things but I guess it's all to teach them discipline. My knuckleheads didn't make it to graduation but my best friends man did and after graduation, real nice ceremony bty, they get out! So it's a rough few months but if you man can manage to keep his cool he'll be alright babygirl.. You stay strong and keep your head up and P.S. your man will come out looking so buffed you'll love what shock did to his body girl* LOL
Old 07-01-2004, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl2002
Hi i'm new in here and i was wondering if maybe someone can help me. My soon to be husband is in Lakeview right now in the shock program. i was wondering if anyone has or had a loved one there and can give me any information at all. thank u so much for your time,help, and support.

i just spoke to someone at Lakeview yesterday (a counselor, I think). My best friend is in the process of being transferred to a shock facility so I called to get some information about it. I was told that phone calls were restricted to once every 2 weeks for 10 minutes and visits are also once every 2 weeks. They can recieve letters but no packages.

Hope this helped a little. If I get any more info I will let you know, please do the same.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Banned (PACNY dupe)

The typical shock day starts at 5:30 am and ends at 10PM. They day is chock full of exercise, programs and work. The head gets shave every few weeks and it is a tough program. Every single personinthe platoon will get singled out for special attention fron the Drill Instructors. Lakeview is the hardest to do. There are 4 SHOCK camps. Theyare Moriah, Monetrey, Summit and lakeview. LV is th eonly one with a fence. The food is good and plentiful and commissary is $25 every two weeks. No packages of any kind.

If you have specific questions feel free to ask
Old 07-04-2004, 12:07 AM

hi! my husband is at rikers island in ny and i wanted to know two things...1. is a possession of a weapon considered violent crime and 2. and if non-violent how long could it be to find out if he is eligible and accepted to shock? any info on these topics would help tremendously...i'm gettin nothing but B... s... From my lawyer..thanks in advance
Old 07-09-2004, 07:08 PM

my finacee was there 4 years ago..He said it was tough bit not that bad,,,,Needless to say 4 years later he is back in prison....
Old 08-01-2004, 05:45 PM

Default Lakeview Shock Parole Information

I know a little bit about the shock program. Usually the person is 39 years old or younger. They go through several test before they are approved for shock. One is a physcial test and the other is a back ground check. Everyone starts off at Lakeview, then some of them go to the different shock camps throughout the state. They have a time limit for all that they do from making their beds, to showers and eatting. They get to buy things there once every two weeks. But they can only buy stamps, envelopes, writing paper, cigarettes, matches, personal hygene products. They are allowed visits only on Sundays every other week, and phone calls on the Sunday's they don't have visits. For only 10 minutes. The program is tough getting up at 5 or 5:30 and not going to bed until 930 or later. If anyone has any other questions you can PM me, and I'll try to answer.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:22 PM

Question Lakeview Shock Camp

Hello Everyone,
I am looking for any and all information regarding visits, packages, phone calls and mail allowances for lakeview shock camp, just in case I need it, even if I can't use it someone else might. Thanks in advance for your time and attention to this matter.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:25 PM
home since 8/06

I have no answers,sorry, if no one answers you, do a search, that always brings things up...
Closed Thread