Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,813 Times in 3,071 Posts
Default AccessCorrections email down?

Anyone else seeing this?

It's been super slow lately (sometimes taking me 30 minutes just to log in). Today I got this error: "Caught exception: SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections Problem with Database Connection" So now the website won't even open.

Has anyone called customer service to see what's going on? I don't want to harass them if they're already being harassed.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM

Not sure where your LO is, but the kiosk for inmates in honor dorm at SRCI is down for Access Corrections right now. The TelMate one is working though.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

I've pretty much given up on using AC. It seems to take me 15 minutes to an hour to send an email. If I can manage to get to my received emails, I've been copying them, then pasting them into notepad, then replying via snail mail. It takes less time to reply, and the time between when I send it and when my friends receive the reply is about the same. I don't know why their servers are running so slow, but it's painful!
Old 01-11-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
I've pretty much given up on using AC. It seems to take me 15 minutes to an hour to send an email. If I can manage to get to my received emails, I've been copying them, then pasting them into notepad, then replying via snail mail. It takes less time to reply, and the time between when I send it and when my friends receive the reply is about the same. I don't know why their servers are running so slow, but it's painful!
It really is. TelMate seems to be faster, but only allow the 500 characters that basically make up one paragraph.

Do you or anyone else know of an alternative that may be out there? Snail mail going back and fourth across the country takes forever
Old 01-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

I don't know of any other options. It's a PITA, that's for sure. Of course, on the outside, we're used to email (or message boards) being almost instant, so I have to remind myself sometimes to readjust my expectations to bureaucratic speed when it comes to communication with guys inside.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
milesofmemories (01-12-2018)