Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:58 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Jillian it was only because it was a Friday evening that the visiting room was so empty. On Sat I am sure it was packed to capacity. In fact they get more visitors then most prisons because they house so many inmates from Wash D.C. and it is only 3 hours away. In the past we have had to wait three hours just to get back there. Hope you are recuperating well from your surgery.
Deb how long did the storms last? We need rain at this point.

CATHERINE
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2007, 11:04 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Wow! it has been quiet in here. We spent the day setting up a booth in an antique store, we have so much stuff we decided to try and get rid of some of it. Of course I had to buy somethig! LOL but it was cheap. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

CATHERINE
Old 05-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Donation Award 

Catherine- That's my idea of fun!!! Is the booth in an antique warehouse? Do you have to be there all the time to sell your things or do they have people there to do that and the store gets a percentage? Are you selling your creamers (that's what you collect isn't it?) Let me know how it goes please

Jillian
-How are you doing now? Are you recovering well from the surgery? Did the movers deliver your things yet? Keeping you in my thoughts.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:02 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Deb, it is a store but large and each vender gets a spot to set up, she even had some shelves she let us use for our display. We have to pay $50.00 a month and she gets 20% of each item sold. We don't have to be there she does the selling and pays the sales tax. She is only open three days a week because it is a small town and the only traffic is on weekends. I am selling some of my creamers. I am only collecting solid white ones and miniatures. So a lot of my other ones I am trying to sell, of course I have some I cannot part with even though they are not white or a miniature. I have so many knick knacks, and I have no place for them so we are hoping we sell enough to at least pay the rent.LOL we did sell a secretary/hutch that was my aunts. We were going to price it for $650.00 but a lady was looking at it and Paul said I will sell it to you right now for $350.00, but once I am set up it will be $650.00 so she bought it. That was our biggest piece and frankly I think we would have ended up reducing it anyway just to get rid of it.

CATHERINE
Old 05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,590 Times in 2,182 Posts

Deb- you can put atalie in a cardboard box and she will make fun out of it.. Oh and she is a shop aholic No the movers havent brought it yet , they are now saying it will be bwtween mon and wednesday.. i am getting really irritated wil call them in the morning.. i am so pissed. But my weekend is going well . My eye is starting to heal well, so i am hoping no more surgery.. i will be so happy ..

atalie- I am glad that you had fun, its always intresting whe nyou sell things. The lady sounds really nice. I hope you sell everything.

How was everyone weekend..?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:36 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Jillian, I hope your stuff gets there soon, you have had so many problems with those moving people, how do they stay in business? Glad your eye is healing well, I pray you do not need further surgery. I am going to get my hair cut today and grocery shopping. We are going to see my bro this weekend, and we may take a road trip as well. We were going to go to Wheeling to see my friend Deborah, but she has plans so we are thinking of going to Charleston. That is the Capital of WV and i have never been there. of course I have not talked to Paul about the change of plans yet as he is out of town, and being so bad at geography I am not sure it will work out. It has to be someplace close to the prison, at least not more than 2 hours away so we can stop and visit on our way back. I am hoping we can work out something now that I have it in my head to go someplace I am excited to go!!

CATHERINE
Old 05-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Donation Award 

Jillian- Glad the healing is going well!! I hope you get some resolution to this problem with the movers- I would be screaming by now ...
Catherine- Your antique booth sounds great. I would love to do that- I just have a problem deciding what to sell. Our house looks like an antique store right now but hubby won't let go of anything . I never did get to Charleston- hope you get your road trip this weekend- maybe you could post a photo or 2?? (also hope your brother's place isn't on lockdown!)

I have been cutting grass, digging up the veg garden, planting things. Now I am exhausted but it's a great way to get rid of STRESS !!!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:53 PM

Hey everyone. It's been a little bit since i've popped in to say hello. Goodness Jillian, i can not believe you are still dealing with all the moving mess. You must be beyond frustrated!

My birthday is Sunday. I'll be 31. Birthdays sure do lose there fun as i get older. I'm feeling fat and frumpy so i could use a total makeover--haha.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Donation Award 

catherine - how are you getting your hair cut? Are you going for the mohawk? or you going for pippi longstockings? Thanks girl, i am hoping i wont need it either cause i am ready for this blur to go away .. but shit .. it s still here , that is why i am not on long ... I have been to charleston.. dont tell no one but it was for an AMWAY convention.. booooooo

Deb- girl they have me screaming trying to tack on an extra 300 dollars. to my bill they are tripping .. sorry screaming cursing all the same right now.. they will be here friday hopefully, meaning they just recently left wtih my stuff. WTF! that is so outrageous to me i dont understand that at all and i sure dont know how they are still in business.

Shelia.. i hope that you have a great birthday.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! I hope you do alot of fun things ..

love yall
Old 05-23-2007, 10:08 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEILA!
My son's BD was today he is now 34!!
Jillian I went with the mohawk! died it pink!! LOL
That is outrageous about the moving company!

CATHERINE
Old 05-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Donation Award 

Sheila- Didn't your husband take you hang-gliding or paragliding last year for your birthday? Little did you know that a year later you would be pregnant with a son! The only rule in life is to 'expect the unexpected' I guess- gives us all hope anyway. I wish you the most wonderful birthday-you must be so excited
Jillian- I have seen so many news reports on moving companies that do what yours is doing- insist you pay more before they will deliver etc. You must be feeling so incredibly angry-I sure would be.The really important thing though is your eye healing. Did you go back for a follow-up on the surgery? Do they expect the blurriness to last much longer?
Catherine- Good for you for getting a Mohawk !!! (Now just because we're middle-aged why shouldn't we get mohawks etc !!) Did you see the American Idol finale- I'm glad Jordin won and I was thinking of you when Taylor sang!

We have had a record breaker temperature day today-hot, humid(ugh)plus a smog alert. So many smog alerts in the last few years
Old 05-24-2007, 10:49 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Deb I don't think I posted it on here, but about three months ago I really messed up my hair over processing it so I shaved my head!! Oh yeah! I did! I wore a wig for three months while it grew out so I am very happy to have a cute little pixie cut now. She actually cut it a little shorter then I wanted since it has just grown back, but it will grow out soon enough. I will never strip the color out again, at least not twice on the same day. LOL
Jillian, want me to come beat them up for ya?
Hope everyne has a nice weekend. We are going to go visit my brother but are taking an extra day and so some tourist stuff and stay at a resort on Sat. night. I am getting excited to get away even if it is just for two days.

CATHERINE
Old 05-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Account Closed

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalie
Deb I don't think I posted it on here, but about three months ago I really messed up my hair over processing it so I shaved my head!!
ROFLOL. Sorry but that is so funny :P
Old 05-25-2007, 09:05 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Lauren, that's Ok! it was funny, in retrospect anyway. LOL

CATHERINE
Old 05-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Donation Award 

Lauren- I laughed too!! I love Catherine(Atalie)- she has such a zest for life!!!How's everything going and what's the weather like in Australia now?
Catherine- Hope you have a great visit with your brother and a lovely time at the resort!! I haven't been away anywhere for so long I'm sure I have forgotten how to pack.
Jillian- Still keeping my fingers crossed that your things arrive...
Sheila- What are the plans for your birthday this year?

Another scorcher today with still more smog and it's not even summer...We are in for a very hot and dry summer with extreme weather.There's never ever any good news on TV anymore .
Old 05-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Donation Award 

they arrived today and the movers werent the same ones who picked up the stuff.. my eye is healing so i am happy.. it may last a lil while they are using drops to help the scar go away..

i fell about 2wks ago and didnt realize how bad i hurt myself.. i damaged my hand pretty bad it waa always hurtung but doing yard work, made ne mess it up evev worst...and its my left hand so that really sucks cuz im left handed..

i hope everyone is doing well
Old 05-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Account Closed

DLM, Everything is fairly good here, just trying to get rid of a sinus infection. The weather here at the moment is cool.. real cold of a morning though and of a night. Warm most of the time during the day.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:27 AM

Thanked 4,121 Times in 1,528 Posts

Hi to all of you other siblings.
I have been busy also this month. Gosh seems like we all have if not one thing its 3-4!
My sister and i took a surprise spur of the moment visit to Ohio to see our Brother first part of May. I drove 12 HRS. It was wonderful to see his face, he was so surprised. We had a good visit he eat lots of vending machine food, and I got to meet ONE OF THE OTHER WIFES AND BABY GIRL WHO IS ON THE SITE HERE! Treywifey!! from Maine. We then headed home after sat and sunday visit, and I got a call my daughter fell off horse, and was being med-evac to Huntsville Hospital! Here i am 500 miles from home driving in south Ohio and get this call! I was beside my self. I stayed in contact with all as we drove toward Tennessee was going to stop by our other sister house and spend the night and take flowers to our mom and dad grave since it was close to Mother day. Well there was no bone broke, she was knocked out but they said she feel on hip and she has severe nerve damage to left hip. Had to do surgery to drain the blood pooling under the skin from the muscles. So she is recovering but not out of woods yet. She has headaches and some dizzness everyfew days, don't like that. It could be still from the lick
I told her to go to DR. They did mri and cat scan that night. But that has been 4 sundays ago almost. Anyway lots going on here. Graduation last grandchild from H/S!! All 8 out! 2 out college 3 not. other 3 just floating.
I am sorry I got long winded, But want to add to all of you have a wonderful and safe weekend.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Donation Award 

Jillian- Glad your things arrived FINALLY! Hope in one piece? I am really sorry you hurt your hand - did you sprain it? Sending you lots of hugs and I really hope things start to get better. Thinking of you.
Lauren- Hope that sinus infection gets better soon. They can be very painful and can last weeks. How's your brother doing- any improvement?
boflipflops- 12 hours to visit your brother- you are awesome! What an awful thing though to hear about your daughter's accident. I will be keeping her in my prayers- please let us know how she's getting on. Congrats on your grandchild's graduation! (Don't be sorry about being 'long-winded'-I look forward to reading your posts!)
Catherine- Hope you had an amazing weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it .

Sheila- HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR SUNDAY !!!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Donation Award 

Deb- thanks girl! My hand is starting to do better my bone was just out of place , and they wanted to charge me 300 just to fix it, so i did it myself.. so i will go back and let them do the xray.. How are you doing? I hope all is well wiht you and yours
Lauren- keep us updated on how things are gtting wiht your sinus infection, how is your brother?

boflipflops- hey your daughter is in my thoughts and prayers please keep us updated on how things are going with her. I am glad that you got to visit your brother for so long and also got the pleasure of meeting another pto member.

Catherine- are you home? What you do this weekend? Skydiving?

Shelia- how are you doing? How beautiful is that celebrating birthday with that baby glow working
Old 05-30-2007, 04:25 AM
Account Closed

My sinus infection has nearly cleared up now.

And my brother is as selfish and ignorant as ever.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:45 AM
Account Closed

Ugh, darn double post. *Sighs at the internet*
Old 05-30-2007, 08:09 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Jillian glad your stuff got there, sorry about the fall, I know those kind of injury's can really hurt and take a long time to heal. Glad your eye is doing well healing.
Boflipflops, you sound like one busy lady. Wow 12 hours, I whine because I have to drive three hours each way. Glad your visit went well. Sorry about your daughter's accident, I will pray for her recovery.
I had a nice weekend. We ended up just going to Morgantown on Sat. did the toursit thing, we had reservations at a Golf resort ( mainly because everything else was booked, didn't realize it was graduation weekend there) they had several weddings at this place and had given our room away, so they upgraded us to a suite and it was awesome. We had a living room, bedroom, 1 and a half baths, small kitchen/bar area a full deck over looking the lake with a hot tub. It was a great surprise. Too bad we were only staying one night, but we had a great time and on Sunday went to visit my brother, they let us sit next to friends of ours and it was a very pleasant visit.

CATHERINE
Old 05-30-2007, 10:22 AM

Goodmorning to all of you,
It is so sweet of you to ask about my daughter. She is mending but still having good and bad days. Just going to take time to get over that bad fall. Dizznes comes and goes.
Glad that all of you had a wonderful weekend.
Jillian, Oh me you have had a rough time. I hope things are turning around and life is good to you.
I heard from my brother sunday. He is ok. They have a new warden. I have to write him today. I got so captured up in just sending post cards of pictures i had took of Nature, that HE NEEDS A LONG LETTER!!
I will post a recipe for you all to enjoy-- in a little while. I made these for my daughters wedding 18 yrs ago, so they are to be made for grandaughter graduation party tomorrow night. Men Love Them!
"The way to a man heart is thru his stomach!!!" (had to say it)
Old 05-30-2007, 01:10 PM

As i close out this month, I hope you all will go down to the bottom of this page where Recipe; are posted for Graduation Partys.
I have posted it there as I thought that would be apporiate.
This is easy to make. My family loves them Tortilla Roll Ups. and all who eats them.
Bless you all
Closed Thread