Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 AM
angel12569
Donation Award 

Smile Can I help increase his chances of getting work release

Hi my husband's counselor says he might have a good chance of getting work release next year. Even though he has a violent offense he mentioned violent offense override. Although I tell him not to get his hopes up too high, its kind of hard not too. But realistically I highly doubt it. But if there is anything I can do to help him get it, write to Albany or anything. Or is there anything he can do. I know he has to CSAt and some other program which he still hasn't started, but is there something else he can do in the meantime. I know its still a year away, but its nerve racking knowing there is a possibility and if I can do something to help I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Always Remembered
Donation Award 

Thanked 30,843 Times in 11,079 Posts

Letters of those who will support him when he gets out, and possibly someone who will hire him writing that.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:57 AM
Sixmonths

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
Letters of those who will support him when he gets out, and possibly someone who will hire him writing that.
Yeah, my husband got denied the first time he applied for work release. Then I wrote a letter of support, and helped is family write some (meaning I sat with them while they wrote and signed them, otherwise they wouldn't have actually done it). He re-applied, and just recently found out he was accepted. I think the letters made a difference.