Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Elsa's Inmate Card Projects
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Elsa's Inmate Card Projects This forum is dedicated to the memory of one of our most loyal members; Elsa Punzi. Send Birthday & Holiday cards to inmates!

Old 12-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Banned

Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts

Yes thank you TX_Angel for keeping everything in perspective, and also thank you Puppy Jack for not being scared to post your feelings. We are all welcome and all our feelings are valid here. Not all of us know Nomes so you only did what you thought best.

I'm glad lists are going out, I know from the Thanksgiving swap which was I'm assuming much smaller than the Christmas swap, if Nomes is half as anal as I am (and I'm positive she I) that she is making sure the lists are being distributed as fast as she can but also so that everyone doesn't get maybe the same facility, etc. Believe me, there is a lot of time and thought that goes into distributing the lists .. it's fun for the first couple
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Banned

Nomes, thanks for sending out the lists. You sent me the names and addresses of 30 prisoners. I will be mailing out all 30 Christmas cards in the morning (7 December 2015).
Old 12-07-2015, 12:51 AM
Aussie Card Fairy!!
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,031 Times in 665 Posts

All lists have now been distributed...for those I've upset, annoyed or whatever, I apologise...this was my first 'big' swap....I hadn't really planned on the surgery happening until next year....I had a week or so's notice, but dates don't mean much to me as I don't work, so one day kind of melts into another for me....I look at the calendar and see it's December and I'm like wow, wasn't it just February??? There may be a few boo boo's which I'm sure will frustrate some but they are unavoidable when so much information is being collated (for the first time...in future I would have experience on my side)

All up there is going to be 869 cards sent out, to 188 inmates by 42 CV's, which equates to 4.4 cards each....obviously we can't cut cards up, so 84 are getting 5 cards....so this is a CV Host begging, if you can possibly spare a card or two to help bump up the numbers so all recipients get 5 cards...I know it's cheeky of me...but I'm already sending to all....and am happy to send more than 1 to some inmates, but it would be nice for them to get from different people yes? If you do have a spare card (This isn't the late comers, I'll probably still need those..greedy aren't i? LOL) or cards, please let me know via pm, and I'll respond with that amount of names for you. Thanks for helping make this a super swap.

Hugs
Naomi
- " - " - I give a "hoot" about inmates
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nomes For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-07-2015), choochamy (12-07-2015), gallega1211 (12-07-2015), JoshA (12-07-2015), marco1969 (12-07-2015), maytayah (12-07-2015), MsRose_Iam (12-07-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 11:35 AM

Nomes, not sure how many are only getting 4, but I can send a couple more out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chelie1111 For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-07-2015), MsRose_Iam (12-08-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Formerly ATrueFriendIam
Donation Award 

I can send 6 more,PM me

(( Went through all the rest of my over flow on the one 4 one Swap a Roo)).

Signed ..Nomes Fan Club Director
The Following User Says Thank You to MsRose_Iam For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-07-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 02:03 PM

Mailed my cards out today!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flowersinfields For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-07-2015), MsRose_Iam (12-08-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy Jack View Post
Nomes, thanks for sending out the lists. You sent me the names and addresses of 30 prisoners. I will be mailing out all 30 Christmas cards in the morning (7 December 2015).
I am the card counter police .. Put your hands up !!! ok, i laughed remember to post in the Dec card count thread so we can ask boast at the end of the month what a great job we food and how many cards we sent to brighten inmates days

Last edited by ALA; 12-07-2015 at 04:15 PM..
Old 12-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowersinfields View Post
Mailed my cards out today!!!

You too (i love that guy) get on over to the thread that i can't post a link for cause i forgot how too and post your numbers !!! Woot
Old 12-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRose_Iam View Post
I can send 6 more,PM me

(( Went through all the rest of my over flow on the one 4 one Swap a Roo)).

Signed ..Nomes Fan Club Director
Can i join the fan club ???? you're kinda awesome, 1 day i want a fan club, a ceiling fan club
Old 12-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Formerly ATrueFriendIam
Donation Award 

Shari/ALA , I have a feeling you already have a fan club going on! LOL
But feel free to join nomezees too !

And please don't have the card counting police arrest me, I'm already on probation.he he

However, it is a great reminder for everybody to post their card count under our December count go US...!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MsRose_Iam For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-07-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRose_Iam View Post
Shari/ALA , I have a feeling you already have a fan club going on! LOL
But feel free to join nomezees too !

And please don't have the card counting police arrest me, I'm already on probation.he he

However, it is a great reminder for everybody to post their card count under our December count go US...!!
Don't need any probation violations

Awe i wish i had a fan club, my kids are about as close as i get but I'll take it I'll pay my dues to Nomes anyway tho if i get to hang out with you cool chicks
Old 12-08-2015, 07:41 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomes View Post
All lists have now been distributed...for those I've upset, annoyed or whatever, I apologise...this was my first 'big' swap....I hadn't really planned on the surgery happening until next year....I had a week or so's notice, but dates don't mean much to me as I don't work, so one day kind of melts into another for me....I look at the calendar and see it's December and I'm like wow, wasn't it just February??? There may be a few boo boo's which I'm sure will frustrate some but they are unavoidable when so much information is being collated (for the first time...in future I would have experience on my side)

All up there is going to be 869 cards sent out, to 188 inmates by 42 CV's, which equates to 4.4 cards each....obviously we can't cut cards up, so 84 are getting 5 cards....so this is a CV Host begging, if you can possibly spare a card or two to help bump up the numbers so all recipients get 5 cards...I know it's cheeky of me...but I'm already sending to all....and am happy to send more than 1 to some inmates, but it would be nice for them to get from different people yes? If you do have a spare card (This isn't the late comers, I'll probably still need those..greedy aren't i? LOL) or cards, please let me know via pm, and I'll respond with that amount of names for you. Thanks for helping make this a super swap.

Hugs
Naomi
Hey, thank you for taking over the Christmas Card Swap! Taking over ANY swap can be difficult, but especially for the biggest one of the year can be rough. I know I couldn't do it, because I'd get confused all over the place lol. All you need to worry about is recovering! Thanks for getting the lists out! Your goal was actually earlier than how it used to be. The deadline for getting the lists out was December 10th so there would be approximately 2 weeks to get cards out in the past, but you set the goal a lot earlier, so you're definitely not too late with these lists. The point is, each inmate is getting cards. Like TxAngel said earlier, they probably won't care if it's a bit late, because holidays and regular days seem to blur into each other for inmates anyways. They'll just be happy that random people from around the world care for them, and it'll be a nice happy surprise when cards seem to shower in for them. Thanks once again to Nomes, our hostess with the mostest, and to everyone participating!

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-08-2015), gallega1211 (12-09-2015), marco1969 (12-09-2015), MsRose_Iam (12-08-2015), Nomes (12-09-2015), rocker chic.. (12-10-2015)
Old 12-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Aussie Card Fairy!!
Donation Award 

It's almost 4am here, I still have I don't know how many cards to write out, but I have to call it a night......I will get ALL cards in the mail by this Friday at the latest...I'm hoping later today to have them all written though....who knew writing the same thing over and over could take so long haha

Thank you to all those who put their hands up to send a few extra cards......can I get a drum roll please? *Insert loud drum roll NOW!* we'll have sent out a staggering 940 cards for this swap...absolutely amazing work by all concerned...and FYI, because of the extra cards being sent, EVERY inmate should actually get 6 cards, unless you don't plan on sending your inmates one! I'd originally forgot to calculate our own cards to them in the math....lol

Yes, please do add all the cards onto the December Total in the thread here

Many, many hugs Naomi x
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nomes For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-09-2015), gallega1211 (12-09-2015), MsRose_Iam (12-09-2015), rocker chic.. (12-10-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 07:25 PM

Cool Hmmmmmmm

So Nomes what did you write in each card? ? I'm sending jokes and christmas pick up lines hopefully they get a laugh out of them!

Quote:
It's almost 4am here, I still have I don't know how many cards to write out, but I have to call it a night......I will get ALL cards in the mail by this Friday at the latest...I'm hoping later today to have them all written though....who knew writing the same thing over and over could take so long haha

Thank you to all those who put their hands up to send a few extra cards......can I get a drum roll please? *Insert loud drum roll NOW!* we'll have sent out a staggering 940 cards for this swap...absolutely amazing work by all concerned...and FYI, because of the extra cards being sent, EVERY inmate should actually get 6 cards, unless you don't plan on sending your inmates one! I'd originally forgot to calculate our own cards to them in the math....lol

Yes, please do add all the cards onto the December Total in the thread here

Many, many hugs Naomi x
Old 12-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Aussie Card Fairy!!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J View Post
So Nomes what did you write in each card? ? I'm sending jokes and christmas pick up lines hopefully they get a laugh out of them!
Your phone number! Just kidding....sorry am trying to cheer myself up....can't seem to get my bp down so am trying laughter therapy! I put whatever messages they were being sent by their op....then I just wrote about sending smiles across the miles and that was about it....I sent one to every person on the list so I wasn't into writing big long messages, except to some who got the extra bit about wanting to send them a surprise or something nice for Christmas, but the mailman made me get back out the letter box haha Oh and I'd been writing about santa being jolly until I got ALA's list and she had put something similar, so I stopped using it lol

I am sure they'll love the jokes....most of them need cheering up.

Hugs
Nomes xx
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomes For This Useful Post:
rocker chic.. (12-16-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Your phone number! Just kidding....sorry am trying to cheer myself up....can't seem to get my bp down so am trying laughter therapy! I put whatever messages they were being sent by their op....then I just wrote about sending smiles across the miles and that was about it....I sent one to every person on the list so I wasn't into writing big long messages, except to some who got the extra bit about wanting to send them a surprise or something nice for Christmas, but the mailman made me get back out the letter box haha Oh and I'd been writing about santa being jolly until I got ALA's list and she had put something similar, so I stopped using it lol

I am sure they'll love the jokes....most of them need cheering up.

Hugs
Nomes xx
There is a reason they say we're twins lol