Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Elsa's Inmate Card Projects
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Elsa's Inmate Card Projects This forum is dedicated to the memory of one of our most loyal members; Elsa Punzi. Send Birthday & Holiday cards to inmates!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 12-06-2015, 04:19 PM
ALA ALA is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,749
Thanks: 12,460
Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts
Default

Yes thank you TX_Angel for keeping everything in perspective, and also thank you Puppy Jack for not being scared to post your feelings. We are all welcome and all our feelings are valid here. Not all of us know Nomes so you only did what you thought best.


I'm glad lists are going out, I know from the Thanksgiving swap which was I'm assuming much smaller than the Christmas swap, if Nomes is half as anal as I am (and I'm positive she I) that she is making sure the lists are being distributed as fast as she can but also so that everyone doesn't get maybe the same facility, etc. Believe me, there is a lot of time and thought that goes into distributing the lists .. it's fun for the first couple
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #77  
Old 12-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Puppy Jack Puppy Jack is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 53
Thanks: 51
Thanked 53 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Nomes, thanks for sending out the lists. You sent me the names and addresses of 30 prisoners. I will be mailing out all 30 Christmas cards in the morning (7 December 2015).
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 12-07-2015, 12:51 AM
Nomes's Avatar
Nomes Nomes is offline
Aussie Card Fairy!!
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: SA, Australia
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 1,807
Thanked 1,031 Times in 665 Posts
Default

All lists have now been distributed...for those I've upset, annoyed or whatever, I apologise...this was my first 'big' swap....I hadn't really planned on the surgery happening until next year....I had a week or so's notice, but dates don't mean much to me as I don't work, so one day kind of melts into another for me....I look at the calendar and see it's December and I'm like wow, wasn't it just February??? There may be a few boo boo's which I'm sure will frustrate some but they are unavoidable when so much information is being collated (for the first time...in future I would have experience on my side)

All up there is going to be 869 cards sent out, to 188 inmates by 42 CV's, which equates to 4.4 cards each....obviously we can't cut cards up, so 84 are getting 5 cards....so this is a CV Host begging, if you can possibly spare a card or two to help bump up the numbers so all recipients get 5 cards...I know it's cheeky of me...but I'm already sending to all....and am happy to send more than 1 to some inmates, but it would be nice for them to get from different people yes? If you do have a spare card (This isn't the late comers, I'll probably still need those..greedy aren't i? LOL) or cards, please let me know via pm, and I'll respond with that amount of names for you. Thanks for helping make this a super swap.

Hugs
Naomi
__________________
. ^ ^
{ O , O }
| ) __ )
- " - " - I give a "hoot" about inmates
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nomes For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-07-2015), choochamy (12-07-2015), gallega1211 (12-07-2015), JoshA (12-07-2015), marco1969 (12-07-2015), maytayah (12-07-2015), MsRose_Iam (12-07-2015)
  #79  
Old 12-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Chelie1111's Avatar
Chelie1111 Chelie1111 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: omaha nebraska
Posts: 406
Thanks: 184
Thanked 324 Times in 204 Posts
Default

Nomes, not sure how many are only getting 4, but I can send a couple more out.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chelie1111 For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-07-2015), MsRose_Iam (12-08-2015)
  #80  
Old 12-07-2015, 11:53 AM
MsRose_Iam MsRose_Iam is offline
Formerly ATrueFriendIam
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Posts: 702
Thanks: 1,459
Thanked 658 Times in 431 Posts
Default

I can send 6 more,PM me

(( Went through all the rest of my over flow on the one 4 one Swap a Roo)).

Signed ..Nomes Fan Club Director
__________________
Formerly ATrueFriendIam
Currently'' Ms Rose'', My First Name Is Lola
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsRose_Iam For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-07-2015)
  #81  
Old 12-07-2015, 02:03 PM
flowersinfields flowersinfields is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 14
Thanks: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Mailed my cards out today!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flowersinfields For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-07-2015), MsRose_Iam (12-08-2015)
  #82  
Old 12-07-2015, 04:11 PM
ALA ALA is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,749
Thanks: 12,460
Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy Jack View Post
Nomes, thanks for sending out the lists. You sent me the names and addresses of 30 prisoners. I will be mailing out all 30 Christmas cards in the morning (7 December 2015).
I am the card counter police .. Put your hands up !!! ok, i laughed remember to post in the Dec card count thread so we can ask boast at the end of the month what a great job we food and how many cards we sent to brighten inmates days

Last edited by ALA; 12-07-2015 at 04:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-07-2015, 04:13 PM
ALA ALA is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,749
Thanks: 12,460
Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowersinfields View Post
Mailed my cards out today!!!

You too (i love that guy) get on over to the thread that i can't post a link for cause i forgot how too and post your numbers !!! Woot
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-07-2015, 04:16 PM
ALA ALA is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,749
Thanks: 12,460
Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRose_Iam View Post
I can send 6 more,PM me

(( Went through all the rest of my over flow on the one 4 one Swap a Roo)).

Signed ..Nomes Fan Club Director
Can i join the fan club ???? you're kinda awesome, 1 day i want a fan club, a ceiling fan club
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-07-2015, 05:16 PM
MsRose_Iam MsRose_Iam is offline
Formerly ATrueFriendIam
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Posts: 702
Thanks: 1,459
Thanked 658 Times in 431 Posts
Default

Shari/ALA , I have a feeling you already have a fan club going on! LOL
But feel free to join nomezees too !

And please don't have the card counting police arrest me, I'm already on probation.he he


However, it is a great reminder for everybody to post their card count under our December count go US...!!
__________________
Formerly ATrueFriendIam
Currently'' Ms Rose'', My First Name Is Lola
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsRose_Iam For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-07-2015)
  #86  
Old 12-07-2015, 06:39 PM
ALA ALA is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,749
Thanks: 12,460
Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRose_Iam View Post
Shari/ALA , I have a feeling you already have a fan club going on! LOL
But feel free to join nomezees too !

And please don't have the card counting police arrest me, I'm already on probation.he he


However, it is a great reminder for everybody to post their card count under our December count go US...!!
Don't need any probation violations

Awe i wish i had a fan club, my kids are about as close as i get but I'll take it I'll pay my dues to Nomes anyway tho if i get to hang out with you cool chicks
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 12-08-2015, 07:41 PM
blah8705's Avatar
blah8705 blah8705 is offline
Registered User

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 3,038
Thanks: 1,913
Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomes View Post
All lists have now been distributed...for those I've upset, annoyed or whatever, I apologise...this was my first 'big' swap....I hadn't really planned on the surgery happening until next year....I had a week or so's notice, but dates don't mean much to me as I don't work, so one day kind of melts into another for me....I look at the calendar and see it's December and I'm like wow, wasn't it just February??? There may be a few boo boo's which I'm sure will frustrate some but they are unavoidable when so much information is being collated (for the first time...in future I would have experience on my side)

All up there is going to be 869 cards sent out, to 188 inmates by 42 CV's, which equates to 4.4 cards each....obviously we can't cut cards up, so 84 are getting 5 cards....so this is a CV Host begging, if you can possibly spare a card or two to help bump up the numbers so all recipients get 5 cards...I know it's cheeky of me...but I'm already sending to all....and am happy to send more than 1 to some inmates, but it would be nice for them to get from different people yes? If you do have a spare card (This isn't the late comers, I'll probably still need those..greedy aren't i? LOL) or cards, please let me know via pm, and I'll respond with that amount of names for you. Thanks for helping make this a super swap.

Hugs
Naomi
Hey, thank you for taking over the Christmas Card Swap! Taking over ANY swap can be difficult, but especially for the biggest one of the year can be rough. I know I couldn't do it, because I'd get confused all over the place lol. All you need to worry about is recovering! Thanks for getting the lists out! Your goal was actually earlier than how it used to be. The deadline for getting the lists out was December 10th so there would be approximately 2 weeks to get cards out in the past, but you set the goal a lot earlier, so you're definitely not too late with these lists. The point is, each inmate is getting cards. Like TxAngel said earlier, they probably won't care if it's a bit late, because holidays and regular days seem to blur into each other for inmates anyways. They'll just be happy that random people from around the world care for them, and it'll be a nice happy surprise when cards seem to shower in for them. Thanks once again to Nomes, our hostess with the mostest, and to everyone participating!
__________________




GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-08-2015), gallega1211 (12-09-2015), marco1969 (12-09-2015), MsRose_Iam (12-08-2015), Nomes (12-09-2015), rocker chic.. (12-10-2015)
  #88  
Old 12-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Nomes's Avatar
Nomes Nomes is offline
Aussie Card Fairy!!
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: SA, Australia
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 1,807
Thanked 1,031 Times in 665 Posts
Default

It's almost 4am here, I still have I don't know how many cards to write out, but I have to call it a night......I will get ALL cards in the mail by this Friday at the latest...I'm hoping later today to have them all written though....who knew writing the same thing over and over could take so long haha

Thank you to all those who put their hands up to send a few extra cards......can I get a drum roll please? *Insert loud drum roll NOW!* we'll have sent out a staggering 940 cards for this swap...absolutely amazing work by all concerned...and FYI, because of the extra cards being sent, EVERY inmate should actually get 6 cards, unless you don't plan on sending your inmates one! I'd originally forgot to calculate our own cards to them in the math....lol

Yes, please do add all the cards onto the December Total in the thread here

Many, many hugs Naomi x
__________________
. ^ ^
{ O , O }
| ) __ )
- " - " - I give a "hoot" about inmates
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nomes For This Useful Post:
ALA (12-09-2015), gallega1211 (12-09-2015), MsRose_Iam (12-09-2015), rocker chic.. (12-10-2015)
  #89  
Old 12-10-2015, 07:25 PM
rocker chic..'s Avatar
rocker chic.. rocker chic.. is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 445
Thanks: 307
Thanked 290 Times in 196 Posts
Cool Hmmmmmmm

So Nomes what did you write in each card? ? I'm sending jokes and christmas pick up lines hopefully they get a laugh out of them!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomes View Post
It's almost 4am here, I still have I don't know how many cards to write out, but I have to call it a night......I will get ALL cards in the mail by this Friday at the latest...I'm hoping later today to have them all written though....who knew writing the same thing over and over could take so long haha

Thank you to all those who put their hands up to send a few extra cards......can I get a drum roll please? *Insert loud drum roll NOW!* we'll have sent out a staggering 940 cards for this swap...absolutely amazing work by all concerned...and FYI, because of the extra cards being sent, EVERY inmate should actually get 6 cards, unless you don't plan on sending your inmates one! I'd originally forgot to calculate our own cards to them in the math....lol

Yes, please do add all the cards onto the December Total in the thread here

Many, many hugs Naomi x
__________________
J
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 12-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Nomes's Avatar
Nomes Nomes is offline
Aussie Card Fairy!!
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: SA, Australia
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 1,807
Thanked 1,031 Times in 665 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J View Post
So Nomes what did you write in each card? ? I'm sending jokes and christmas pick up lines hopefully they get a laugh out of them!
Your phone number! Just kidding....sorry am trying to cheer myself up....can't seem to get my bp down so am trying laughter therapy! I put whatever messages they were being sent by their op....then I just wrote about sending smiles across the miles and that was about it....I sent one to every person on the list so I wasn't into writing big long messages, except to some who got the extra bit about wanting to send them a surprise or something nice for Christmas, but the mailman made me get back out the letter box haha Oh and I'd been writing about santa being jolly until I got ALA's list and she had put something similar, so I stopped using it lol

I am sure they'll love the jokes....most of them need cheering up.

Hugs
Nomes xx
__________________
. ^ ^
{ O , O }
| ) __ )
- " - " - I give a "hoot" about inmates
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomes For This Useful Post:
rocker chic.. (12-16-2015)
  #91  
Old 12-14-2015, 06:03 PM
ALA ALA is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,749
Thanks: 12,460
Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomes View Post
Your phone number! Just kidding....sorry am trying to cheer myself up....can't seem to get my bp down so am trying laughter therapy! I put whatever messages they were being sent by their op....then I just wrote about sending smiles across the miles and that was about it....I sent one to every person on the list so I wasn't into writing big long messages, except to some who got the extra bit about wanting to send them a surprise or something nice for Christmas, but the mailman made me get back out the letter box haha Oh and I'd been writing about santa being jolly until I got ALA's list and she had put something similar, so I stopped using it lol

I am sure they'll love the jokes....most of them need cheering up.

Hugs
Nomes xx
There is a reason they say we're twins lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NFL Card Swap 2015 sassycat80 Elsa's Inmate Card Projects 35 09-17-2015 11:05 PM
Love Your Inmate Card Swap 2015 Sunflow Elsa's Inmate Card Projects 39 05-01-2015 12:31 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics