Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Now That Your Loved One Is Home...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Now That Your Loved One Is Home... Please share stories about your loved one now they are home.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:20 AM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Thanked 1,200 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight View Post
And...

"Well my boyfriend just told me that he and a few of his boys are beefing with these other guys. I know my boyfriend can handle himself but so can the other guys. He tells me not [to] worry about it but I know the things that could happen."

What 40 year old man has "a few boys", and what could they be "beefing with these other guys" about?

He has a violent lifestyle. He'd rather be out doing that than be at home.

Your original post didn't ask a question, but just stated your situation. All we can do is comment on the situation. It sounds like he is doing the things he likes doing and you like him and will stand by him while he does it.

I think he's happier with it all than you are, though. And that's funny, given it'll be him in prison, the hospital or dead when whatever you are worrying about finally happens.
What makes you think he has a violent lifestyle? Thug friends?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 AM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

And I am not promoting fighting or violence. But I don't believe in letting anyone disresoect you. If someone comes for me, I'm coming back at them. That's just how I am and not sorry for it or changing. I don't go looking to fight but I most definitely will if I have to. Hit me...I'm hitting you right back. If soneone starts trouble with me and I defebd myself, that does not mean I'm a violent person. The same goes for my boyfriend. He's not gonna just let someone treat him anyway he doesn't like.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:35 AM
Полезный дурак

Stupid foreign person question time : what is a „ thug ” and „ thugged out “? Where I come from, a thug is the guy they send to bang on your door / hit you, for not paying your debts. But then, I learned that ppl use the term „ goon “ for that too.

Only wondering. Just want to understand this thread better and why the reactions. My apologies.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

And for the record, this thread's title was made by admin. The "still living the lifestyle" part was added when my thread was moved (twice). I am worried because I don't want him to fight. But I understand him defending himself.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:41 AM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne Plach’ View Post
Stupid foreign person question time : what is a „ thug ” and „ thugged out “? Where I come from, a thug is the guy they send to bang on your door / hit you, for not paying your debts. But then, I learned that ppl use the term „ goon “ for that too.

Only wondering. Just want to understand this thread better and why the reactions. My apologies.
For my lifestyle, thug means masculine and undetectable. It does not mean violent or bad. I have no problems with him. He's always home because he doesn't want to be in trouble again. It's hard for ex cons and I know he's trying. Age and experience makes a difference. Even I have changed. I was a piece of work when I was younger.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:02 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAttitude View Post
And for the record, this thread's title was made by admin. The "still living the lifestyle" part was added when my thread was moved (twice). I am worried because I don't want him to fight. But I understand him defending himself.
I think that's okay - you choose the life you want to live, you accept your husband as he is and you also accept that this choice comes with worry. Maybe I am wrong but it seems you weren't really looking for advice, it seems you've made your mind about staying with your husband so it is what it is...and you two share the same approach so all anyone can really do is wish you the best of luck

And yeah, sometimes we, the Mods, don't get it right the first time (gasp ) so we might have to move threads around a bit. Apologies for that I've updated the title for ya.

Last edited by Sarianna; 01-23-2019 at 11:15 AM..
Old 01-23-2019, 01:40 PM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
I think that's okay - you choose the life you want to live, you accept your husband as he is and you also accept that this choice comes with worry. Maybe I am wrong but it seems you weren't really looking for advice, it seems you've made your mind about staying with your husband so it is what it is...and you two share the same approach so all anyone can really do is wish you the best of luck

And yeah, sometimes we, the Mods, don't get it right the first time (gasp ) so we might have to move threads around a bit. Apologies for that I've updated the title for ya.
Yes true. I wasn't looking for advice on whether to be with him or not. He never cheatrd or did anything to hurt or disrespect me. My only issue with him was when he used to sell drugs and not stay on top of probation. Thosr few years alone taught him...thank God. Though I understand and agree with him defending himself, that doesn't mean I don't worry about the possibilities. These guys are living their lives better now but they still know the old game. The beef is squashed abd has been for a few days. I just needed to get it off my chest and knew people who don't get being with a con or ex con would understand. I've tried and all I hear is "you deserve better" and things along those lines. I took him back because he treats me well...always has. And I love him...always will. But I get what everyone said here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewAttitude For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-23-2019), Sarianna (01-25-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 06:14 PM

Thanked 1,614 Times in 525 Posts

I don't think anyone said whether or not you should stay with him.

You said he's running with the old group and that he and his guys had a beef with another bunch of guys. You said you were worried about what could happen from all that.

All we did was say yeah, we agree with you - sounds like he's heading for trouble.

To be fair, maybe I misunderstood.

You said "I know my boyfriend can handle himself but so can the other guys. He tells me not to worry about it but I know the things that could happen. Now every time he says he's going out, I tell him not to leave me. When he must, I worry."

Exactly what is it you're worried will happen?
Old 01-24-2019, 04:06 AM
Southern Fried Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,821 Times in 1,316 Posts

Did he get his parole issue cleared up?
Old 01-24-2019, 09:19 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,701 Times in 15,331 Posts

I guess for me personally?
I dont give a rip if someone *disrespects* me.
Not unless its a family member, or a coworker.
If its a friend? Im no longer their friend.
If its a stranger? Who cares?!
I walk away.

If someone were to physically harm me or my family?
Whole different story. Hell Im old but it would stop be from defending myself.
I also dont look for trouble.

So really, from my perspective......if you dont want your bf getting back into trouble, and dont find it disrespectful that he still continues to associate with folks who cant *get along* with others and it makes you worry?
Yeah. Id be worried too.

Hopefully it will all work out.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
NewAttitude (01-24-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 11:53 AM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight View Post
I don't think anyone said whether or not you should stay with him.

You said he's running with the old group and that he and his guys had a beef with another bunch of guys. You said you were worried about what could happen from all that.

All we did was say yeah, we agree with you - sounds like he's heading for trouble.

To be fair, maybe I misunderstood.

You said "I know my boyfriend can handle himself but so can the other guys. He tells me not to worry about it but I know the things that could happen. Now every time he says he's going out, I tell him not to leave me. When he must, I worry."

Exactly what is it you're worried will happen?
I was worried that they would fight. Somebody would win and the other lose. I didn't want it to happen to anyone.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:56 AM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I guess for me personally?
I walk away.

So really, from my perspective......if you dont want your bf getting back into trouble, and dont find it disrespectful that he still continues to associate with folks who cant *get along* with others and it makes you worry?
Yeah. Id be worried too.

Hopefully it will all work out.
I will never not want him to associate with his friends. Most of them grew up together. They have always looked out for me when he wasn't home. I'm just glad they worked it out.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:58 AM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow View Post
Did he get his parole issue cleared up?
Yes. Hallelujah.

The Following User Says Thank You to NewAttitude For This Useful Post:
WeepingWillow (01-25-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 12:01 PM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

[quote=sidewalker;7761324]I guess for me personally?
I walk away.

Yeah. Id be worried too.

Hopefully it will all work out.[/QUOTE

I get that. I just can't let nobody disrespect me. I don't care who it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to NewAttitude For This Useful Post:
joybubby (02-05-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 01:13 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,959 Times in 7,792 Posts

Can we define disrespect? Because like SW said, I couldn't give a rip what someone else thinks or says about me. If it was a close friend, I would be hurt/angry but I wouldn't show up to fight, I'd want to know what made them say/do that.

A physical attack out of nowhere is an obvious. Everyone would agree that you should defend yourself if possible. But that's different than a "beef". Those aren't random attacks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-25-2019), sidewalker (01-25-2019), WeepingWillow (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
It's not the wrong crowd per say, these are his boys he's been hanging with since he was young. Some he grew up with. I just know he never had a beef with any of them before.

hola chica,
question...
age?
yours and his age currently.

Worry day in, day out when he go some place es no bien, chica. i said it's not good.

But you're saying he can hold his own, so why worry?(do you feel he will get killed/and or seriously hurt?) But you're saying, "i know how he is and that is "Exactly" how you want him?
-

IMHO age is a factor in this but then again some even over late 20s forties shall never ever change, sadly. (change for the better that is.)God bless u and hugs sent ur way tonight. adios.

Lead with your "mind" and not your heart."
Let no one hold you back from being happy.

Life is too short to "settle for anything less."

#Strength is Power. #KnowyourWorth

#taas (there are ALWAYS signs.)Don't ignore them.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 01-25-2019 at 08:47 PM..
Old 01-31-2019, 04:23 PM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

I'm starting to believe that many here have loved ones that haven't changed. It's a shame in my opinion. I know I have over the years. I have friends still from high school. The things we did then, we don't do now. I used to smoke cigarettes and I don't now because I'm old and mature enough to know it's not the best thing to do.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:31 PM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.rare.love View Post
hola chica,
question...
age?
yours and his age currently.

Worry day in, day out when he go some place es no bien, chica. i said it's not good.

But you're saying he can hold his own, so why worry?(do you feel he will get killed/and or seriously hurt?) But you're saying, "i know how he is and that is "Exactly" how you want him?
-

IMHO age is a factor in this but then again some even over late 20s forties shall never ever change, sadly. (change for the better that is.)God bless u and hugs sent ur way tonight. adios.
You're right...some don't but I know he has. I guess that's why many people look at ex cons or even ex gang bangers abd drug dealers as the same. I know a guy who used to be in the streets. He's now a pastor. I also know people who were good kids and are now alcoholics and drug addicts. So the notion that people don't change is not true. To not be friends with someone because of things they have done before makes you not a friend. I stick with my friends through good and bad. Everyone makes mistakes or wrong decisions at times. The key is to learn and do better.

My man can hold his own. So can I. But doesn't mean I want him fighting. I don't want to fight either but will if I have to.

Last edited by NewAttitude; 01-31-2019 at 04:51 PM..
Old 01-31-2019, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think maybe I'm not explaining right. These arw not men in their twenties. They are twice that age. Lol. Some are married with children and doing well. My boyfriend is not working yet but he's trying and he has changed. I broke uo with him after 8 years. I just took him bavk. He's totally on probation. I'm not young either. I got that part. He knows he will be out. I love him but I love myself more. He has work to do, not me. But even with that, it doesn't mean they can't fight. And yes, it could always be worse. Anything is possible. Despite us being in a relationship, we have always been friends. I guess because of what I do know, I worry. He tells me not to, but I can't help it.
f he’s 35+ and still doesn’t have a job but going out that could possibility get him locked up? I say ur wasting ur time with him ur not his priority u shouldn’t be worried about him getting into “fights”
Old 01-31-2019, 06:39 PM

Thanked 1,614 Times in 525 Posts

Quote:
My man can hold his own. So can I. But doesn't mean I want him fighting. I don't want to fight either but will if I have to.
In your first post you said sometimes he HAS to go out. Why does he HAVE to go out?

And I'm just curious... what do you think he does at night while he's out?
Old 01-31-2019, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm starting to believe that many here have loved ones that haven't changed. It's a shame in my opinion. I know I have over the years. I have friends still from high school. The things we did then, we don't do now. I used to smoke cigarettes and I don't now because I'm old and mature enough to know it's not the best thing to do.
This is my Situation kinda similar to urs actually I’m 23 my boyfriend is 27 my boyfriend is involved with a “gang” sold weed got into altercation that could possibly get killed or doing life! No job because of petty drug warrant ,But once we started dating he started to pull himself away from that stuff The reason why I know he did because he would always be with me 24/7 if I wasn’t at work also we went looking for a job together just to at least help him with his pending case legal fees , What I’m trying to say is he changed with action not words the reason why he’s in jail because of a “wrong place wrong time” which I see it as a blessing and a eye opener he could possibly be dead right now. He had a alcohol and smoking problem and he was trying to break it going to jail actually helped him. He tells me he’ll never do anything to jeopardize us being separated again he say he’s tired of running the streets....ur man is 35+ and still surrounding himself with “thugs” show how much he loves u.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:03 PM
Banned

Another question are u married or still a long term girlfriend?
Old 01-31-2019, 07:21 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,959 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote:
To not be friends with someone because of things they have done before makes you not a friend. I stick with my friends through good and bad. Everyone makes mistakes or wrong decisions at times. The key is to learn and do better.

I don't think anyone said people can't change. But you have to be honest about the level of real change that has occurred. I've never heard any former gang banger say, "It's fine, I can hang out around with my boys and not get caught up in the drama." Further, someone on paper risks a violation for associating with other felons. So if that comes along with it? I don't know. You're going to ride with him and that's fine. But it makes it hard to be sympathetic to the struggle as it's a choice. I personally don't know why someone would want to live under that kind of stress. I'm doing this once. If he chooses to invite criminal issues back into my life, I'm done. I can love someone and not be enabling of their poor choices.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:25 PM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

[quote=Phelly;7762528]This is my Situation kinda similar to urs actually I’m 23 my boyfriend is 27 my boyfriend is involved with a “gang” sold weed got into altercation that could possibly get killed or doing life! No job because of petty drug warrant ,But once we started dating he started to pull himself away from that stuff The reason why I know he did because he would always be with me 24/7 if I wasn’t at work also we went looking for a job together just to at least help him with his pending case legal fees , What I’m trying to say is he changed with action not words the reason why he’s in jail because of a “wrong place wrong time” which I see it as a blessing and a eye opener he could possibly be dead right now. He had a alcohol and smoking problem and he was trying to break it going to jail actually helped him. He tells me he’ll never do anything to jeopardize us being separated again he say he’s tired of running the streets....ur man is 35+ and still surrounding himself with “thugs” show how much he loves u.[/QUO

I would worry if he could possibly get into a physical altercation with anyone. My man is with me all of the time too...except when I'm at work. I just don't like when I try to talk about him and people automatically assume he's doing the same things. The guys he is friends with have changed to. Me too. I used to be a piece of work. Lol. I know for a fact that he loves me...never doubted that...even when I broke up with him. My only thing was that hard life style. But I definitely am never leaving him again unless he cheats or hits me. I don't play that at all. And I don't want him to stop being with his friends. I've seen how close they are. They even looked out for me during his bids. But we are all older now and can look back on how we used to be. I'm proud of them. Still...my man will not stand for disrespect.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:28 PM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I don't think anyone said people can't change. But you have to be honest about the level of real change that has occurred. I've never heard any former gang banger say, "It's fine, I can hang out around with my boys and not get caught up in the drama." Further, someone on paper risks a violation for associating with other felons. So if that comes along with it? I don't know. You're going to ride with him and that's fine. But it makes it hard to be sympathetic to the struggle as it's a choice. I personally don't know why someone would want to live under that kind of stress. I'm doing this once. If he chooses to invite criminal issues back into my life, I'm done. I can love someone and not be enabling of their poor choices.

I'm definitely riding.