Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

View Poll Results: Which type of institution/facility are they in?
USP 297 22.95%
FCI (med & low) 656 50.70%
FPC 208 16.07%
FMC 60 4.64%
CCC/Halfway house 7 0.54%
other 66 5.10%
Voters: 1294. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #476  
Old 11-14-2017, 06:13 PM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 25,510
Thanks: 36,632
Thanked 18,139 Times in 10,792 Posts
Default

The departure day depends on where they are heading. I left on a con air plane, but other folks were driven to their prisons on buses, which usually left on the same day of the week for trips to that prison.

Some of the lucky ones only stay in Atlanta overnight, but I had to wait 4 weeks before I got a seat on the plane
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
Itshardtowait (01-09-2018)
Sponsored Links
  #477  
Old 11-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Mrsmusej Mrsmusej is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Columbus ohio
Posts: 261
Thanks: 15
Thanked 70 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
The departure day depends on where they are heading. I left on a con air plane, but other folks were driven to their prisons on buses, which usually left on the same day of the week for trips to that prison.

Some of the lucky ones only stay in Atlanta overnight, but I had to wait 4 weeks before I got a seat on the plane
Ok Thank you.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsmusej For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-15-2017)
  #478  
Old 11-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Siobhan's Avatar
Siobhan Siobhan is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 57
Thanks: 22
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latoya smith View Post
My husband is at Atwater and there on lockdown.. Missing him so bad right now.


Is there any news regarding the LD?
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 11-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Fallentlove Fallentlove is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: IN, USA
Posts: 11
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

My child’s father is at FCI Beckley. Apparently last Monday he was put in segregation. Now the facility has been on lockdown since Monday afternoon and I haven’t received anything from him, and prison won’t give out any info. Miss him so much and just wishing I knew what was going on.
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 11-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Vicwifey321 Vicwifey321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ga usa
Posts: 90
Thanks: 55
Thanked 51 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Yes my man was at Butler county waiting to be transferred to ATL USP and on the bop site its alao said he was not in bop custody but it also had his release date. After a couple days it showed where he was at. I dont know why but it did eventually updated itself
Atlanta is something else.. Mine just left the on Nov 7 transferred to usp Lee in Virginia.. Good luck on someone answering the phone in Atlanta.. Good luck on getting mail too.. It takes up to 3 weeks from Atlanta.. I wish he was still there cause that is our home state.. But he has said he like Virginia better even tho they do everything by the book..
Reply With Quote
  #481  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:30 PM
Mrsmusej Mrsmusej is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Columbus ohio
Posts: 261
Thanks: 15
Thanked 70 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicwifey321 View Post
Atlanta is something else.. Mine just left the on Nov 7 transferred to usp Lee in Virginia.. Good luck on someone answering the phone in Atlanta.. Good luck on getting mail too.. It takes up to 3 weeks from Atlanta.. I wish he was still there cause that is our home state.. But he has said he like Virginia better even tho they do everything by the book..
Yes Atlanta was the worst so we thought but now hes at Big Sandy smh . But thankfully his case worker put in FOR his halfway house time since he is under a 1yr left. SO FREAKING HAPPY
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Vicwifey321 Vicwifey321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ga usa
Posts: 90
Thanks: 55
Thanked 51 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Yes Atlanta was the worst so we thought but now hes at Big Sandy smh . But thankfully his case worker put in FOR his halfway house time since he is under a 1yr left. SO FREAKING HAPPY
That's awesome.. No he is Usp Lee and in the shu in less than 2 weeks.. Not sure why..
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Mrsmusej Mrsmusej is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Columbus ohio
Posts: 261
Thanks: 15
Thanked 70 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicwifey321 View Post
Atlanta is something else.. Mine just left the on Nov 7 transferred to usp Lee in Virginia.. Good luck on someone answering the phone in Atlanta.. Good luck on getting mail too.. It takes up to 3 weeks from Atlanta.. I wish he was still there cause that is our home state.. But he has said he like Virginia better even tho they do everything by the book..
Omg no one ever answes the phone there smh and they stay locked down. Thank God hes out of there. Atlanta was a mess.
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:34 PM
Vicwifey321 Vicwifey321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ga usa
Posts: 90
Thanks: 55
Thanked 51 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Omg no one ever answes the phone there smh and they stay locked down. Thank God hes out of there. Atlanta was a mess.
They don't answer at lee either.. I tried since 8am to get someone on the phone.. Finally got someone bout 10am this morning..
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Mrsmusej Mrsmusej is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Columbus ohio
Posts: 261
Thanks: 15
Thanked 70 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicwifey321 View Post
They don't answer at lee either.. I tried since 8am to get someone on the phone.. Finally got someone bout 10am this morning..
Smh thats crazy smh im starting to think all of these fed prisons dont answer cause my man is at Big Sandy now and they do the samething. Smh
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Vicwifey321 Vicwifey321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ga usa
Posts: 90
Thanks: 55
Thanked 51 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Smh thats crazy smh im starting to think all of these fed prisons dont answer cause my man is at Big Sandy now and they do the samething. Smh
Mine sister was murdered when he was at Atlanta.. I had to try 3 days to get someone of the phone to be able to tell him..
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:48 PM
Vicwifey321 Vicwifey321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ga usa
Posts: 90
Thanks: 55
Thanked 51 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Smh thats crazy smh im starting to think all of these fed prisons dont answer cause my man is at Big Sandy now and they do the samething. Smh
Took me and week and half to get an email back then they said he wasn't there he had been transferred to lee. I could never get Atlanta to do anything like they supposed to..
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 11-22-2017, 05:51 PM
Mrsmusej Mrsmusej is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Columbus ohio
Posts: 261
Thanks: 15
Thanked 70 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicwifey321 View Post
Took me and week and half to get an email back then they said he wasn't there he had been transferred to lee. I could never get Atlanta to do anything like they supposed to..
Well i hope its gets better for the both of us. Stay Positive
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsmusej For This Useful Post:
Vicwifey321 (11-22-2017)
  #489  
Old 01-02-2018, 02:18 AM
Itshardtowait Itshardtowait is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Idaho-USA
Posts: 34
Thanks: 74
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default So do I

Mine is in Springfield, Mo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
I have had a loved one in an FMC facility.
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 01-02-2018, 08:08 AM
Carmel65 Carmel65 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Well, as of November 15th my loved one was designated at USP Allenwood. However I never heard anything from him and kept getting mixed messages when I will called the prison Or when our priest would call. So eventually I called my state Senator's office and they're reopening his case because when he was at Victorville he was beaten nearly to death out of retaliation for a grievance he filed. They were also ignoring his health problems there. I was supposed to be his first contact if something happened. Well they never contacted me to tell me he was in a coma and never made it to Allenwood that he was taken directly to a hospital I can't say which one where he was in intensive care and on life support. I found this out from his brother on New Year's Eve. He had been out of it and on life support for 6 weeks and when he had gone to see him almost 2 weeks ago there was some improvement and instead of a 10% chance of survival they gave him a 70% chance of survival And they were thinking of taking him off the ventilator. I just wish there was a way to let him know That I still love him and I have not given up on him. I promised him I would never give up on him and we talked about that when he was at the federal Transfer Center. So now I have everyone I know and people they know praying for his survival. One of the last things we talked about was as soon as he got to Allenwood he was going to start the paperwork for us to be able to be married as soon as possible. Well he never got there to do that. And I keep praying that God lets him know somehow that I never gave up on him and then I still love him and that God heals him completely in Body Mind and Spirit so that we can continue our relationship and get married. And when he gets out have at least a few good years together. He has less than three and a half years left in his sentence. He is almost 63 years old and has a list of health problems that you wouldn't believe. And he should not be in the United States Penitentiary he needs to be in a federal Medical Center and they keep refusing to send him to one. I just pray this is not the end for us. We've been through so much together and this just seems like another trial that God is putting us through to test our love for each other and our faith in him and it's really really hard. The last communication I had with him at all or emails that he sent on November 12th. his brother and I talked about what a messed up life he's had and his brother said that that's mostly the fault of his father. I told him I knew that we talked about that. he also told me that he is happy that his brother finally found love because he deserves some happiness in his life. I just pray God lets him live long enough to experience that happiness.
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 01-04-2018, 11:49 PM
MsEllie MsEllie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: California
Posts: 3
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel65 View Post
Well, as of November 15th my loved one was designated at USP Allenwood. However I never heard anything from him and kept getting mixed messages when I will called the prison Or when our priest would call. So eventually I called my state Senator's office and they're reopening his case because when he was at Victorville he was beaten nearly to death out of retaliation for a grievance he filed. They were also ignoring his health problems there. I was supposed to be his first contact if something happened. Well they never contacted me to tell me he was in a coma and never made it to Allenwood that he was taken directly to a hospital I can't say which one where he was in intensive care and on life support. I found this out from his brother on New Year's Eve. He had been out of it and on life support for 6 weeks and when he had gone to see him almost 2 weeks ago there was some improvement and instead of a 10% chance of survival they gave him a 70% chance of survival And they were thinking of taking him off the ventilator. I just wish there was a way to let him know That I still love him and I have not given up on him. I promised him I would never give up on him and we talked about that when he was at the federal Transfer Center. So now I have everyone I know and people they know praying for his survival. One of the last things we talked about was as soon as he got to Allenwood he was going to start the paperwork for us to be able to be married as soon as possible. Well he never got there to do that. And I keep praying that God lets him know somehow that I never gave up on him and then I still love him and that God heals him completely in Body Mind and Spirit so that we can continue our relationship and get married. And when he gets out have at least a few good years together. He has less than three and a half years left in his sentence. He is almost 63 years old and has a list of health problems that you wouldn't believe. And he should not be in the United States Penitentiary he needs to be in a federal Medical Center and they keep refusing to send him to one. I just pray this is not the end for us. We've been through so much together and this just seems like another trial that God is putting us through to test our love for each other and our faith in him and it's really really hard. The last communication I had with him at all or emails that he sent on November 12th. his brother and I talked about what a messed up life he's had and his brother said that that's mostly the fault of his father. I told him I knew that we talked about that. he also told me that he is happy that his brother finally found love because he deserves some happiness in his life. I just pray God lets him live long enough to experience that happiness.
God will help your loved ones I'm a big believer in miracles. He will be in our prayers
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 01-05-2018, 01:55 AM
Carmel65 Carmel65 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Have you done a google search for his name or whitepages.com or pipl.com? They may not work but it's a start.
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 01-05-2018, 01:58 AM
Carmel65 Carmel65 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEllie View Post
God will help your loved ones I'm a big believer in miracles. He will be in our prayers
Thank you so much. the health administrator from the prison actually was able to set up a 10 minute phone call so I could speak to him. And I told him he has to fight to get better And that I haven't stopped loving him and I haven't given up on him. And he said that he still wants to get married as soon as possible and I said then you need to get out of your comfort zone and do what they tell you to rehabilitate yourself. So he seems to be improving And I believe it's God's will for him to make a full recovery so we can get on with our lives. He has less than three and a half years to go and shouldn't have to die in prison for an 8 year sentence.
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 01-05-2018, 06:25 AM
John M's Avatar
John M John M is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: AR USA
Posts: 290
Thanks: 218
Thanked 180 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel65 View Post
Thank you so much. the health administrator from the prison actually was able to set up a 10 minute phone call so I could speak to him. And I told him he has to fight to get better And that I haven't stopped loving him and I haven't given up on him. And he said that he still wants to get married as soon as possible and I said then you need to get out of your comfort zone and do what they tell you to rehabilitate yourself. So he seems to be improving And I believe it's God's will for him to make a full recovery so we can get on with our lives. He has less than three and a half years to go and shouldn't have to die in prison for an 8 year sentence.
I firmly believe the words to the song "On Time God!" "He may not come when you want Him...but He's always right on time!" Your faith will see you both through this! Give your fears and concerns over to Him!
__________________
Don't ask God to give you an easier life...ask Him to make you a stronger person!
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 01-05-2018, 10:04 AM
Carmel65 Carmel65 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I believe that God's timing is perfect timing also. You don't really know me so you don't know how strong my faith is. Believe me I would not be able to continue this relationship if it wasn't for my faith in God carrying me through everything. And with every trial He allows me and my loved one to go through our faith grows stronger and our love for each other grows stronger.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working out in Prison - Free weights and inmates David World Prison News 47 10-03-2011 10:52 AM
Prison Labor - Facts and Issues Nemesis World Prison News 14 06-22-2007 02:13 PM
Incarcerated Love - A Perspective (MEGA long post here so get a coffee first!) Ken PTO Lounge 31 06-19-2007 04:38 PM
Wellington Prison New Zealand Kyla Australia & New Zealand Prison & Jail Discussions 0 09-22-2004 03:42 AM
What Happens After The Pre-Sentence Investigation Digger Headed to Prison 0 03-21-2002 06:03 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:46 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics