Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-14-2003, 07:08 PM

It's been a long time since I have been on the computer and alot has changed. My boyfriend Adrian has been moved now a couple of times. He was in FDC Englewood, CO and was supposed to be moved to FCI Englewood, CO - which is very convienent since it was only 1/2 hour away - but Englewood was full so then he was supposed to go to FCI Florence, CO - that too was full so he has been placed in USP Florence, CO - which is over 3 hours away, I guess I really shouldn't complain but it's not too easy traveling in a truck for that amount of time with a 10 1/2 month old baby - and the prison is a maxim. sec. prison. I have heard that it is ranked number 11 in the country for the most inmate murders. Last year alone 11 inmates were killed and 1 guard. But Adrian tries to tell me that it really isn't as bad as it sounds. I'm keepin my head up for him!
Old 06-17-2003, 09:19 AM

Smile

Hello Friend,
My brother is now in FMC Devens, Mass. - prior to that he was in FCI Elkton (a very bad place). If I can help anyone with info on these places, or you need to talk, e-mail me !

Coral
Old 06-23-2003, 04:46 PM

Default fci yazoo

my husband is at fci yazoo city.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:20 PM

my son is in USMCFP Springfield, Missouri
Anyone needing info just pm me and I'll tell you what I can. Also about CCA Leavenworth, which is where he was.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:02 PM

My baby is currently in MDC Brooklyn
Old 06-30-2003, 03:18 PM

dragonlady i just PMed you. what situations were you referring to at Butner? I'm very concerned for the safety of my loved one...
Old 07-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Donation Award 

My Son is in Ny Rikers Island, once he is done with that case he will be return back home to start a federal case he has in Pa. He was charge with e pills I think he has 7 points what ever that means. he got into trouble with a 6 month period prior to that he was in college finishing his 2nd year.

Hebrews 13:3
Old 07-15-2003, 04:24 AM

Chelotorres-my best friend is in Yazoo City also. He is being transferred to the camp in Oakdale at the end of the month. It will be a much easier drive and I can't wait. He has been gone exactly a year today. I miss him....
Old 07-15-2003, 10:10 PM

Kevin is in Yazoo City, Mississippi.... soon to be Oakdale Camp.... yea!!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:47 AM

Hello everyone,
I am new to pto..I just happened to be surfing the internet and came across this site. I started reading thru the diffrent threads and found them so interesting and helpful. My boyfriend has just began doing his time. This is all so new to the both of us. He is located at the FPC in Marion,Il..Does aanyone have any info on this camp?...Places to stay when i go visit...etc..
Old 07-20-2003, 03:18 PM

Default Virginia

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. I'm so happy to have a found such an informative and supportive forum for people who are like me.

My boyfriend is currently at the Petersburg Med FCC in Peterburg, VA. Hates it!

I'm interesting in finding out how other facilities are run throughout the country, he's never done fed time and is finding it hard to adjust at this newly built facility.

I'm also interested in finding people who may have been duped into accepting pleas with false promises of a time cut for information by federal prosecutors in the Western District of VA.

God Bless Us All,

Ms. Joe
Old 07-20-2003, 03:37 PM
Advocate

I have a long lost friend in Springfield USMCFP. I just located him again after about 8 years. Haven't written yet, but I'd like to. I'm not sure what to say, but I know he could use a friend. He never did have too many of those on the outside. Hey Malibu10 ... I pm'd you last night for info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anybody else has any info on Springfield or words of wisdom please feel free to chat with me about them. Thanks All!
Old 07-22-2003, 11:36 AM

Hi, I'm Renee and I'm new here.
My fiancee is waiting to be sentenced for trafficking "X" in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, but I'm in New Orleans, LA and don't even know if I'll be able to see him for the sentencing. He asked his lawyer to reccomend FCI Oxford in WI for his prison, but I'd rather see him go to FCI Pekin, IL, but we won't know until the end of September, right now I'm just trying to learning the law better and write every congreeman and senator in the U.S. to get the Parole Bill Re-enacted.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:25 PM
True love always waits

husband in at marion illinois anyone else have loved ones there?

<br> <marquee><font color=red face=italic>*Kelly and Nick always...Real love goes on and on and on*......xXx</font></marquee>
Old 07-22-2003, 05:13 PM

Hi,
I just registered. I'll probably have a million questions later but now, I'm just looking around the different forums.

My husband is in the Camp in Marion, Illinois. He's been there since November. He started serving his sentence in Yankton, S. D. in March 2002. I'm glad he's closer now and I can see him more often.

Thanks everyone,

Waiting
Old 07-22-2003, 06:18 PM

Hi and welcome to PTO My Sweetie is in federal too, with only 1 year and 8 months left...thank goodness...he's been in since 2000. This is a great support site and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Is is February 2005 yet?

My guy is in FCI Ray Brook, New York
Old 07-26-2003, 07:28 AM

My S.O of 11 years is in MCC San Diego I have no idea as to anything about it. Is it different from where she will be moved once sentenced ..vicorville or dublin... mcc fci whats different about them? anyone?
Debi
Old 07-26-2003, 07:28 AM

My S.O of 11 years is in MCC San Diego I have no idea as to anything about it. Is it different from where she will be moved once sentenced ..vicorville or dublin... mcc fci whats different about them? anyone?
Debi
Old 07-26-2003, 01:31 PM

My man is in FCI Elkton in Ohio. I am new to this website and have read a lot of helpful imformation. I have been to Elkton 6 times this past year and it is taking it's toll. My trip is 686 miles from home in New Hampshire. He has served 2 years of 10 and looking for any suggestions on transfers closer to home. JoJo
Old 07-27-2003, 01:18 AM

MY HUSBAND IS AT FMC IN LEXINGTON KENTUCKY. HE IS ONLY ABOUT 60 MILES FROM ME NOW AND I SEE HIM OFTEN. HE WAS AT FCI OXFORD WISCONSIN FOR 2 YEARS AND THAT WAS A 10 HOUR TRIP ONLY GOT TO GO 3 TIMES. I AM SO GLAD THAY LET HIM TRANSFER CLOSER TO HOME BUT HE HATES IT THERE . SAYS THERE IS TOO MANY PEOPLE. BUT HE IS CLOSER
Old 07-29-2003, 10:30 PM

My husband is at FPC Forrest City about 100 miles from us. There is a camp 40 miles from us, but I guess we were pretty lucky to get this close. Anyone else have any connections to this camp?
Does the BOP just randomly pick places? There seems to be no rhyme or reason.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:22 PM

My fiance just left Lee USP Federal Prison (MAX security) in Jonesville Virginia. Now he is in Beckly federal prison in Beaver West Virginia.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:25 PM

Well my baby is not close to me he was 7 hours away now he is 4.5 hours away from me.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:42 PM

Well I do have to say for a thread that started off slow, it has taken off. My husband is in Miami FDC, and we were told he will be there for 6-8 weeks pending a transfer to Coleman in Orlando. What is up with that? I live 25 minutes from Miami FDC and 4 hours form Orlando, do they do this on purpose or are they just slow upstairs?
After reading some of these threads I think the latter is probably right!

If anyone has any info on Miami FDC or Coleman please pm me as I have not seen him yet as no one has been cleared as of yet.........thanx to all..................stay strong!