Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Elsa's Inmate Card Projects
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Elsa's Inmate Card Projects This forum is dedicated to the memory of one of our most loyal members; Elsa Punzi. Send Birthday & Holiday cards to inmates!

Old 12-29-2003, 11:30 PM

Default Eric Smith in TX sends his thanks!!

I've just received a letter from my friend, Eric Smith, who's incarcerated in Tennessee Colony, TX.

Eric would like to send his "thanks to all the kind-hearted people who sent cards..." He goes on to say how he wishes he could personally thank each member but he just doesn't have the resources.

On a personal note, I would like to extend my greatest appreciation to each of you. Eric has been incarcerated for 11 yrs., the last 4 yrs. within an AdSeg (lock down) unit -- you can't imagine just how much your kindness has meant to him.

Thanks so much...
Old 01-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,105 Times in 219 Posts

I am so happy he received our greetings I know exactly how important it is because my son tells me all the time Love Barb

Old 01-07-2004, 02:26 PM

Thanks so much, Barb! You know I think you're the best for all your hard work and dedication in making these projects so successful.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:34 PM

Dear Barb,

Thank you so much for organizing this project. My son received so many cards it was awesome. Please put me down for the birthdays... I want to spread the love around that was shown to my son.

Hugs,

Jodi
The state of Michigan has 17,000 inmates incarcerated beyond their release date. Costing taxpayers 497 MILLION dollars a year. That would fund alot of education! Outraged? Contact your Senators, Representatives and Governor!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:19 PM

I was beginning to wonder if I would ever be able to get back in PTO since they changed the website. I have had numerous problems with login and was about to give up. I just wanted to say I have two more thank you's that I received for sending out birthday cards. They are from Vernon Porter and Robert Viani. They told me to be sure and thank everyone that have sent them cards.

Angie
Old 01-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Banned

OH, I found two more thank you/s cards with my bills
Phillip J of fed cI in Cumberland, MI friend if KRis NI
and Darryl C of phillips state prison, buford GA not sure whose family/friend he is
Old 01-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you from Steven from SHU/ Pelican Bay to whoever sent him Christmas cards, he's unable to send you each thank you's. Receiving the cards made him so happy.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:21 PM

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to share my phone call that I just had with Justin. A million thank you's to everyone who has sent birthday cards to him. He was so excited when he called tonight he said the CO came over to his bed and handed him a stack of mail. Today alone he received nine cards and he had already received five before today. He said the CO commented on how wonderful it was that he received so many cards from so many people who care about him... I am almost in tears thinking of it..

Thank you so much !!!!!

Jodi

Justin's mom Hiawatha Correctional Facility.....
The state of Michigan has 17,000 inmates incarcerated beyond their release date. Costing taxpayers 497 MILLION dollars a year. That would fund alot of education! Outraged? Contact your Senators, Representatives and Governor!
Old 02-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Yes I'm back! :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,183 Times in 494 Posts

YIPPEE! Snowdancer I am so glad the cards we sent made it and made him smile
Old 02-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Donation Award 

My son - David Turecki, at Mule Creek - is late with his thank you's (story of his life!!! and at least it's only February!!!), but he wants me to thank all of you that sent Christmas greetings. He especially wants me to thank:
Barbara
Pam of Lawn
Lisa of Orleans
The Aunt of La Mesa
Karen of California
Donna of Lincoln - and -
the Surprise from Sweden!
He says that it was really fun to see where all the cards came from, and that it gave him a real grin over the holiday. "You're sure lucky to know those people, Mom!" and he doesn't know the half of it!
Thanks to all you, from both of us.
- Jane
Old 02-20-2004, 09:09 AM

my fiance would like for me to thank everyone who sent a birthday card. his b-day was the 5th and he's still receiving cards. also thanks a million from me.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:31 AM

I am late with my lil brother's thank you, so I would like to thank snowdancer, that was the only card he got, but it did put an big smile on his face, and that was worth a million, thanks so much
cubfan and lil brother
Old 03-07-2004, 12:53 AM

Quote: "Thank you for telling me about the PTO group. I was beginning to think something was amiss. I didn't know any of these people sending me cards. I wasn't sure what was going on. But they all seem to be very nice people and I appreciate their time and effort. I plan to write to each of them and thank them for their kindness. I can afford a few minutes to acknowledge a kindness along the way."

All of you were much quicker than I was in sending out cards so he was already receiving cards by the time he got mine explaining the card program.

I can't thank you enough - just know that you made it a much better day for him just by being who you all are. Some pretty great people and I am also very glad that the card project has been saved.

Thanks again,

Andi
Old 03-08-2004, 11:55 PM

Pam K. (formerly at York Correctional Institution, now at Danbury FCI, CT) would like to thank everyone who wrote letters of support to her. Your letters and cards were very helpful, and she wanted to express her gratitude to those who took the time to write kind words.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:55 AM
He is Home!! Thank God!

I received a thank you letter from Lafawn Bobbit today! yippee!
Old 03-11-2004, 01:07 PM

I have a very good friend that I would like to sign up to receive cards/letters from people who are interested. Can someone please tell me how to put his name on that list. He is in PBSP, young kid 22 years old and has no friends, no family. Only letters he gets are from me and my husband's grandmother. Please let me know. Thank you.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:32 PM

Go Into Pto Game Room And Find Bss (barb) Thread, She Is The One You Need To Contact To Sign Your Friend Up, If You Want Ot Pm Me With His Address I Will Send Him A Birthday Card For When He Birthday Is, If It Has Passed Well I Can Send A Sorry I Am Late Or Did You Think We Forget , I Understand What It Means To Them To Get Mail, It Brought A Smile To My Lil Brother, He Only Received One - But That One Was Worth A Million Smiles.
Stay Strong & Best Of Luck
Old 03-12-2004, 11:05 AM
He is Home!! Thank God!

I got another thank you letter and this one is from James Levier! Yippee!
Old 03-18-2004, 06:52 AM

I received today a Thank You from James Levier :-)
I'm glad I (we) could get a smile on his face...
Old 03-19-2004, 11:44 AM
He is Home!! Thank God!

I recieved a thank you letter from Luis Diaz...he wasnt on the list but another member had asked someone to send him something so I did. Yippee!
Old 03-19-2004, 04:00 PM
one lucky woman

Eric would like me to pass along sincere thanks for all the cool cards. He was truly amazed and heartened.

Diamond: a lump of coal that did well under pressure
Old 03-19-2004, 06:05 PM

I got a THANK YOU letter from JAMES LEVIER.........We were able to put a smile on his face, and he was so happy just to get some MAIL...............We are doing a good job here at PTO with the card list.................THANKS again Barbara.......................
Old 03-25-2004, 11:19 AM
He is Home!! Thank God!

I got a thank you letter from Richard Wallace today...he was very happy to receive the card!! Yippee!!
Old 03-26-2004, 06:28 PM
toes to 'da nose

I have been writing to James Levier since 08.2004 and in his letter today he wanted me to post a special thanks to Irish Eyes 66 and Shawn for putting his name on the Birthday Card list. He said he honestly didn't think much would come of it, but low and behold the month of March 2004 has been an extra special one for him.

He writes : Lisa, could you please post a Thank You on the PTO Website from me to all of the PTO members that did send me a birthday card to make my day brighter? I want to let all of the PTO members know that I am grateful in what they are about and what they are doing for themselves and others less fortunate... I got to thinking that despite the fact that I got one foot in the grave, this revelation made me feel pretty damn good inside rather than being depressed of being another year older.

So to you ladies who sent cards from the Netherlands, Merritt Island Fl., Phoenix Az., Aberdeen WA., Coss City MI., St. Paul MN., Atlanta GA., Tallahassee FL., Capo Beach CA., Fresno CA., Harrisville MI and Oneonta Alabama. -- many thanks from Jim Levier EDCF Kansas.

And a BIG MAHALO from me, too

Aloha - Freya
Old 03-28-2004, 11:10 AM

To all of the PTO Birthday Card Senders: You are a terrific group of kind and caring people. It gives me such a feeling of joy to know that all of you have such big hearts.

I received the following letter yesterday from my friend David W on DR at SQ.

"The PTO group sent about 35 cards. I thought that was very nice of them to care to do that. I did send a letter to those that I had a return address for. Some that came in were either addresses I could tell were not going to make it to the sender, so I didn't reply. But many I did. I couldn't afford to mail letters to Europe and other areas outside of the states. So I hope they will know that I appreciate their cards also. PTO seems like a nice group of people. Please thank them for me. With a special thanks to those I didn't respond to directly."

I have to admit that for myself I am so thrilled to know that the dedication and compassion that my PTO family has for those that are in prison overwhelms me. Barb, you and your "worker bees" to have made this such a worthwhile and most rewarding program, all deserve a great big THANK YOU.

Andi