Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

View Poll Results: FCI Low/Minimum~Which one do you have ties to?
ALLENWOOD LOW FCI 43 4.80%
ASHLAND FCI 37 4.13%
BASTROP FCI 22 2.46%
BEAUMONT LOW FCI 39 4.36%
BIG SPRING FCI 23 2.57%
BUTNER LOW FCI 26 2.91%
COLEMAN LOW FCI 41 4.58%
DANBURY FCI 18 2.01%
DUBLIN FCI 9 1.01%
ELKTON FCI 50 5.59%
FORREST CITY FCI 46 5.14%
FORT DIX FCI 60 6.70%
LA TUNA FCI 18 2.01%
LOMPOC FCI 30 3.35%
LORETTO FCI 29 3.24%
MIAMI FCI 12 1.34%
MILAN FCI 35 3.91%
MORGANTOWN FCI 41 4.58%
OAKDALE FCI 14 1.56%
PETERSBURG FCI 28 3.13%
SAFFORD FCI 10 1.12%
SANDSTONE FCI 27 3.02%
SEAGOVILLE FCI 34 3.80%
TALLAHASSEE FCI 15 1.68%
TERMINAL ISLAND FCI 22 2.46%
TEXARKANA FCI 26 2.91%
WASECA FCI 20 2.23%
YAZOO CITY LOW FCI 35 3.91%
Other~Incase 1 was missed or is added in future. 126 14.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 895. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juslisen0420
I'm new to the site so I'm not sure where to post etc. I have a question about Forrest City low. My boyfriend just got approved to move across the street to the low security and I was wondering what the visiting room was like. Do they assign seats? Can you sit by your loved one or do you have to sit across from them? Is there real food in the vending machines or just snacks and candy? Can you play cards or games while visiting? Thank you in advance for your replies. Ali
Also I go every month so u can pm if u have any other questions..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misinhimevryday For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-07-2015), juslisen0420 (06-03-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2015, 12:00 AM

I just recently "reunited" with my long lost soul mate. He's in Forrest City, and honestly this is all foreign to me, I've never been through any of this, if there's anyone that's familiar with it can you message me or anything?
He's due for release on 4~6~2016, I cannot wait!!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:09 PM

What's butner like might be going there to stay for awhile?
Old 04-30-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwaiting4joe
I just recently "reunited" with my long lost soul mate. He's in Forrest City, and honestly this is all foreign to me, I've never been through any of this, if there's anyone that's familiar with it can you message me or anything? He's due for release on 4~6~2016, I cannot wait!!
is he in the low at forrest city?
Old 06-02-2015, 12:21 PM

Fci marianna!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintml2u View Post
**please note this is only on low/minimum fci's. Other polls are started or will be by end of this weekend.**

what fci low/minimum (federal correctional institution) are or have you been affected by?

If you have a loved one inside, designated or have been there...please let us know.

This is a multiple choice poll which means you can choose more then one option for those who have traveled with the bop!

Thank you in advance for taken place in our polls!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misinhimevryday View Post
U have to sit across from the inmate unless it's a child then they can sit next to him. They tell u where to sit. And they will get on u if u touch the inmate ... The handbook says u can hold hands but they don't let you. They have sandwiches, burgers, hot wings and stuff like that in the vending machines. No cards, games at all...
Sorry, I found this after I sent you a message. I don't know my way around this site yet. So what's the deal with everyone lined up on the sidewalk outside? I'm assuming to be the first one in but doesn't it depend on how fast you get your paperwork filled out on what number you are to get called back? If there is a system I don't want to step on anyone's toes, I live 13 hours away and don't get down there much so all I want is to get in and see my guy a fast as possible. Thank you for all your help.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:30 PM

FCI Fort Worth
Old 08-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Bellandant

Default Beaumont low

My brother is due to SS to Beaumont low. Any advice or suggestions?
Old 08-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Donation Award 

My girl is in FCI Waseca, which is low..
Old 08-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Bellandant

Where is that located? Is she ok? I am so new to all of this
Old 08-24-2016, 09:17 PM
Donation Award 

It is a Federal Correctional Institution in Minnesota...Unfortunately, I live in Connecticut, so it's not exactly right around the corner. She was victimized by dating a guy with plenty of money who was a meth dealer, and who also "repaired cars" as a front. She drove a car to deliver to someone as a favor to him, was stopped and busted when meth was found in the car. As it turned out, she was one of 22 people arrested as part of this meth distribution ring! She was only with him sporadically over a couple of months' time, but was taken down with the rest of them. She got 110 months as a sentence, and is nearly 3 years into the time. I met her via snail mail when a friend said she should write me a letter! The tragedy is that I have a home, a good job, and plenty of creative opportunities for her, so a really nice comfortable path awaits her. She had a lousy upbringing, not much parental guidance or supervision as a teen, so made some really immature stupid decisions, (her description), so a very tenuous beginning. All she wants is to live a normal, sane life, but it will be some years before she has that opportunity. Too bad, because she really deserves a break, and a second chance to do things the right way. At only 27 years of age, the felony drug conviction will follow her forever. I will help and guide and support her to the best of my ability, and, God willing, she has the chance to live a good "second half" of her life!
Old 08-24-2016, 09:43 PM
Bellandant

Wasn't the law for mandatory sentencing changed? Can she try to lower her sentence???
Also there are drug programs she can sign herself into to help lower her sentence. Prayers for you both!!!
Old 08-25-2016, 04:54 AM
Donation Award 

Well, she got what she got back when sentenced. She also stupidly, wouldn't cooperate with the feds at the time from a misplaced sense of loyalty. Later, it was discovered that the feds had been watching this group for well over a year. There is a program called rdap, and we have been trying to get her in it for about the last year, to no avail!! If there is an outstanding warrant, it prevents you from entering. Last year, I did the research and traced it to ADA county, only to find it wasn't from ADA county. Now, for the past 6 months, I'm trying to have the warrant recalled or quashed, which actually exists in Snohomish county, Washington. She lived briefly in Idaho, (ADA), then with her pot smoking/growing father in Washington, (Snohomish). she had a failure to appear charge back in 2008. Has been incarcerated in Minnesota. THEN a warrant gets issued in Oct of 2015 for the charge in 2008!!! Since this is in the system, she cannot get into rdap. Obviously being in prison precludes her from dealing with this, and not being able to deal with this makes her ineligible for rdap. Such a damn simple administrative type issue, but when it creates such a barrier, it becomes quite a large problem!! With the amount of time she got, it would cut a year from her time. So, I continue to try anything, including currently appealing to the Snohomish court system, from whence the warrant came. The struggle continues...Thanks so much for asking, and belatedly, welcome to PTO!!
Old 08-25-2016, 06:38 AM
Bellandant

So much work on your end! You are an amazing support. I pray I am able to comfort my brother and understand the system as well. And hopefully, you figure out a loop hole that benefits her. Thank you!
Old 08-25-2016, 07:23 AM
Donation Award 

Well, I do all that I can do, and also sending plenty of mail, (funny stuff, articles, cut outs, printing pages from here, and all the wonderful aspects of living in this area), along with books makes her time a bit better from an entertainment standpoint. If you do similar things to brighten your brother's days, he will appreciate it forever, and won't forget your kindness. Sending paperback books through media mail isn't even that expensive! That's pretty much all we can do, but it gives value to us in the doing. Thanks for reading and writing back!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobberp54 For This Useful Post:
JBT53 (07-04-2018)
Old 04-28-2017, 04:07 PM

Herlong FCI Camp
Old 02-26-2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
We have more then 4...right?
My man is in Forrest City Satellite Camp and we are from sioux city iowa
Old 03-08-2018, 06:52 PM

Default FCI Phoenix was at FCI safford being transferred

My Uncle was at FCI SAFFORD for 18 months now being transferred he’s sitting at FCI Phoenix waiting
Old 05-31-2018, 11:00 AM
TheFutureMrsNauman

My fiancé just got to Sandstone, MN yesterday from Iowa!
Old 06-28-2018, 06:27 PM

My bf is in Seagoville fci. He’s been to several. Doesn’t really care for this one. Probably even less now he’s been here since Christmas.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
**Please note this is only on Low/Minimum FCI's. Other polls are started or will be by end of this weekend.**

What FCI Low/Minimum (Federal Correctional Institution) are or have you been affected by?

If you have a loved one inside, designated or have been there...please let us know.

This is a multiple choice poll which means you can choose more then one option for those who have traveled with the BOP!

Thank you in advance for taken place in our polls!
Mine is in Coleman Low.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:20 AM

Default Info about Elkton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeth View Post
FCI Elkton Low

I was wondering if you could give me some info about the conditions at Elkton, ( it's one of the places I am considering asking for.) such as quality of food, the type of housing conditions, classes, and just daily living. I have heard it has a high percentage of SO's there so it's one of the more safer places for SO's. I would like to know more about it if you can help. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:54 AM

My husband is FCI Manchester Kentucky he's been there for a few years and he likes it I guess it's better than MCC