Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:44 PM

Default Pre release papers

Hello everyone I have another question: I spoke to my husband today for the first time in a very long time it felt good I cried.. anyway he told me he received his pre release papers and said he was putting my address which I want him to do. Then he asked me how many bedrooms I had . Does that really matter? Does anyone know ? And if so why would it matter? I am a little worried only because i donít want my husband going into a shelter then he will reoffend and go back in to do his max time . If anyone in New York knows the answer please help out . I appreciate people offering their opinions and advice but if your not loved one is not in NY you wonít know the right answer. Every state is completely different with their rules.. thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_U_2_Envie View Post
Hello everyone I have another question: I spoke to my husband today for the first time in a very long time it felt good I cried.. anyway he told me he received his pre release papers and said he was putting my address which I want him to do. Then he asked me how many bedrooms I had . Does that really matter? Does anyone know ? And if so why would it matter? I am a little worried only because i donít want my husband going into a shelter then he will reoffend and go back in to do his max time . If anyone in New York knows the answer please help out . I appreciate people offering their opinions and advice but if your not loved one is not in NY you wonít know the right answer. Every state is completely different with their rules.. thank you in advance
It's standard question on the form. Do you have children !living there? Are there weapons in the home? Pets? Any one else in the home on probation /parole? All standard questions.
If he was not your husband, and he submitted your address and there was a huge family with one bedroom, it would set off a flag.
Its your husband, your home. Its just one of the many things they look for in giving him a good environment to release to.
Don't sweat. They want details. Why investigate physically if it SOUNDS unhealthy.
This is a stressful time. Tell your truth, and breathe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
nimuay (01-15-2018), Sarianna (01-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
It's standard question on the form. Do you have children !living there? Are there weapons in the home? Pets? Any one else in the home on probation /parole? All standard questions.
If he was not your husband, and he submitted your address and there was a huge family with one bedroom, it would set off a flag.
Its your husband, your home. Its just one of the many things they look for in giving him a good environment to release to.
Don't sweat. They want details. Why investigate physically if it SOUNDS unhealthy.
This is a stressful time. Tell your truth, and breathe.

Thank you for letting me know.. to be completely honest yes we have a daughter together, no weapons or drugs or alcohol and nobody lives in the home but me and his daughter thatís it. So nobody would be on probation or parole. Iím not on anything. I never been locked up before and I donít use drugs or drink.

But do I have to have a 2 bedroom if it is just me and his daughter. You know when he first got locked up I moved cause it was lonely and I just moved. When he comes home I want to get a bigger house. Do you think it will be a problem with parole with the things I addressed above
The Following User Says Thank You to 4_U_2_Envie For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 06:54 PM

[quote=4_U_2_Envie;7690803]Thank you for letting me know.. to be completely honest yes we have a daughter together, no weapons or drugs or alcohol and nobody lives in the home but me and his daughter thatís it. So nobody would be on probation or parole. Iím not on anything. I never been locked up before and I donít use drugs or drink.

But do I have to have a 2 bedroom if it is just me and his daughter. You know when he first got locked up I moved cause it was lonely and I just moved. When he comes home I want to get a bigger house. Do you think it will be a problem with parole with the things I addressed above[/QUO

The same way they report the co!or of the shingles, investigate where the entrances are! Your FINE.
All normal, just new to you. Do you rent? They will speak with landlord. Not trying to send you in spin, just preparing you for the unknown.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-05-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 04:49 PM

He filled out his papers already so can some one tell me what happens from here. Do they call me and ask questions. He told me they asked about if he was married and to how and for how long and any support system and he put my mom and me. How long does it take to find out if he is approved or denied.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
He filled out his papers already so can some one tell me what happens from here. Do they call me and ask questions. He told me they asked about if he was married and to how and for how long and any support system and he put my mom and me. How long does it take to find out if he is approved or denied.
Within 2 weeks of his release. Did he submit alt-proposed address?
Old 01-15-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
Within 2 weeks of his release. Did he submit alt-proposed address?
Yes he did he used 2 addresses.. is there any reason why they may not approve my address?? For him to have to put 2 and do they call me or come to visit me.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Yes he did he used 2 addresses.. is there any reason why they may not approve my address?? For him to have to put 2 and do they call me or come to visit me.
Now is the hard part, the waiting. Yes, they will contact you and landlord. 2 addresses because that makes sense.