Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Elsa's Inmate Card Projects
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Elsa's Inmate Card Projects This forum is dedicated to the memory of one of our most loyal members; Elsa Punzi. Send Birthday & Holiday cards to inmates!

Old 11-30-2017, 12:34 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,505 Times in 4,007 Posts
Default FAO Card swappers Mail changes for Michigan

(Effective Nov 1, 2017, the Michigan Dept of Corrections is implementing significant changes to the Prisoner Mail Policy, PD 05.03.118. A new Operating Procedure has been developed as well, that will further outline new requirements for processing incoming prisoner personal mail. The following regulations will be strictly enforced: 1.Personal mail will be removed from the original envelope and placed in a plain envelope for deliver. The original envelope will be discarded. 2. Your friends and family members should include your name, MDOC in identification number and the return address of the sender on both the envelope and the mail which is included in the envelope. 3. Mail containing stains of any type including but not limited to perfume, lipstick, oily substances, water marks, body fluids, etc., are not allowed. 4.Only mail written in blue or black ink or lead pencil is permitted. Mail written in marker, crayon, paint, glitter, chalk, charcoal or colored inks is not permitted. 5. Mail must not contain glue/paste or nontransparent tape of any type. 6. Greeting cards must be no larger than 6'x8", single fold, commercially produced with no embellishments, including but not limited to cutouts, jewels, raised areas , etc. 7. Photographs are allowed only if printed on white, standard weight paper: no card stock or photo paper. Mail received that violates the above regulations will be rejected by the mail room staff in accordance with PD 05.03.118.)

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Ms. Amnesia (12-04-2017), patchouli (12-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2017, 07:06 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,985 Times in 15,130 Posts

Some states are going so far as to make copies of letters & envelopes to give to the inmates I understand that contraband is a problem, but I also believe that the majority of contraband is delivered in ways other than visits and mail.

**Michigan: sending pictures, must be printed on regular copy paper** (as stated in the above rules).

If possible, use jpay for sending pictures

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Ms. Amnesia (12-04-2017)