Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Place news, info and events relating to the prison, criminal justice and legal system in the State of Ohio in this forum.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Former Inmate

Default CIIC, we hardly knew you...

It looks like they're going to get rid of the CIIC:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...lishment.html#

"...The elimination of the committee is being engineered by Ohio House Republicans..."

Funny, the CIIC was the only group who could really get things done at ODRC...
The Following User Says Thank You to BigE For This Useful Post:
scoopster (06-18-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2016, 04:02 PM

Yep the CIIC director was the best ever in the HISTORY of the CIIC, I saw her at the statehouse actually watching the re-codification committee, and she was at the ohio sentencing commission regarding revising the "expungment" statute. I testified to them and showed them the worst system in franklin county court of common pleas, even the ODRC has me in their records on "post release control" for 20 years back in the 80's, and it wasn't created till 1996. I have NEVER been on it.. all this false information against us, and they care less to fix it and be accountable

.BUT the CIIC is staying, yet now doing the bare minimum now, and also they are denied access to medical files, THEREFORE ALL INMATES NEED TO SIGN A MEDICAL RECORDS RELEASE FORM TO THE CIIC TO HOPEFULLY GIVE THEM ACCESS TO YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS. There is two cases causing this. (HIPPA)

which puts inmates with serious health issue's in jeopardy, especially when they do not how to litigate the greivance system especially with medical care system, and go after medical staff's medical license's, and stress that they are a PATIENT!!! not an inmate when seeking medical care. read ORC 4723.28 for ethics regarding nurses, ORC 4731.22(B)(6) for doctors.

Also ORC 124.34 applies to every state employee

So the CIIC was helping in a lot of area's plus putting out reports non-stop, they were very productive. But our law makers got upset, making too many waves,and pulled a typical republican way to get rid of her. I hope she was in the union and could get the job back.