Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Prison Talk Online Conference & Get-2-Gethers
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Talk Online Conference & Get-2-Gethers Dedicated to regional/national PTO get-togethers and conferences.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 07:51 PM
--------------

Thanked 6,984 Times in 2,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVal1920 View Post
Im very social and love a good time. Its hard when we have loved ones in prison, we have that natural isolation and many times need each other for that social interation

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,441 Times in 801 Posts

MushyMoo,

I drove from the Catskills up to Schnectady, picked up Karyne, then down to Queens through the NYC traffic and spent an hour trying to find the event as well. I was successful after a run in with a park ranger (who told me I was driving directly through the park and wearing a Phillie's hat to boot which was a no-no for NY.)

On the way back I dropped off a lovely fellow member in Poughkeepsie, went all the way up to Schnectady, then back down into the Catskills. It was a chore, but it was more then worth it.

I understand your frustration, but I don't think you should be bitter. I know times are tough. I spent $100 in gas just to get there. But I wanted to spend a little time with some of the people who lent me so much support and continue to do so. So I'm grateful and if we had another one next weekend I'd do the same thing again. If what you went through is the price you pay for all that PTO gives back then I think although unfortunate that you couldn't find us, try and take it in stride. And with all due respect, there are signs all over the park for Meadow Lake. And a park ranger gave us perfect directions, and we found it.

I sympathize with you, but I ask you not to be angry. It wasn't one of the worst days of your life and if it was, then you're a hell of a lot more fortunate then the rest of us sorry people who did find it. Try and take it in stride: PLEASE. We wished you could have been there and are disappointed you weren't. That sentiment is not lost on any of us who attended, especially are lovely and gracious hostess, MissVal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aba For This Useful Post:
HisNumBerOne (09-28-2010), PTO-189145 (09-28-2010), PTO-92958 (09-27-2010), Shari (09-28-2010)
Old 09-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Devoted Wife
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,518 Posts

Here are a few pics. PTO is being moody tonight, so I will have to do the rest later.
NY/NJ/CT Support Conference Call 9/11/2012 8:30PM-9:30PM
Send PM for more info
The Following User Says Thank You to MissVal1920 For This Useful Post:
PTO-189145 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo<3 View Post
And we ARE having another g2g in the spring..and if your traveling north from the city or Jersey...I am on the way up. So we could meet and go together...so that way if you get lost again...we'll be lost together!
Gurl please...
You know you are not gonna get lost gettin' to my house!
Which brings me to this........
Old 09-27-2010, 09:01 PM
sjb76

Okay ladies I didn't get to attend because I had to work.. I'm happy that everyone got to enjoy the day none the less... So here is what I want to know... When will the next one be, where it will be... and can you please post it enough time for this workaholic to get the day off... One more thing please post all pictures I want to see how much fun y'all got to have... I know it will bring a smile to this oh so tired soul... I also want to add I have some great news to share... Miss Val already knows it but if I could I would shout it from the roof tops I would... As it is no one posts in the hub I belong to soooo, I finally got my date to be married... Two days before my birthday no less I'll officially be married on Oct. 29, 2010... Just had to add that little side bar !!!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Devoted Wife
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,518 Posts

You were definitely missed!! I think they are looking at the spring for the next one and closer to you so that will be nice. Im counting down the days for you and boo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjblack74 View Post
Okay ladies I didn't get to attend because I had to work.. I'm happy that everyone got to enjoy the day none the less... So here is what I want to know... When will the next one be, where it will be... and can you please post it enough time for this workaholic to get the day off... One more thing please post all pictures I want to see how much fun y'all got to have... I know it will bring a smile to this oh so tired soul... I also want to add I have some great news to share... Miss Val already knows it but if I could I would shout it from the roof tops I would... As it is no one posts in the hub I belong to soooo, I finally got my date to be married... Two days before my birthday no less I'll officially be married on Oct. 29, 2010... Just had to add that little side bar !!!
NY/NJ/CT Support Conference Call 9/11/2012 8:30PM-9:30PM
Send PM for more info
The Following User Says Thank You to MissVal1920 For This Useful Post:
PTO-189145 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVal1920 View Post
Here are a few pics. PTO is being moody tonight, so I will have to do the rest later.
Ooohhhhhh....you got pics of the Quilt too....!
I didn't see you snapping those flicks! Very cool...I was glad I remembered to bring it for y'all to see.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,240 Times in 684 Posts
Default i do understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyMoo View Post
honestly, because of how bad my day went on saturday, i will never attempt another pto get together i highly doubt it. i am not going to go back and forth with this as an on going debate or whatever it is. my car got a flat on saturday right before i left. i live at home with my parents, and because my mom knew how much i was looking forward to saturday, she dropped what she was doing and dropped the car off at the mechanic for him to fix it.. she didn't have to do that for me, but my mom is the best. okay, so she gets back. it's literally by me over 95 degreez. i follow the directions to get to the park but i had ran very late due to the flat. i didnt make it out to queens until about after 3pm. i had nobody's number that was going or that had put this together. so with that, i get to the park.. i look for everyone, cant find anyone. i ask around, nothing. no one in the damn park heard of meadow lake. even the people i asked that worked there. the meetup spot had said to be by 111th st and 55th ave or something like that. yea well i parked my car in the parking lot. i called a friend to vent because i have a bit of asthma.. it was beyond hot (97 degreez outside when i parked my car), and now, im walking around aimlessly.. my friend calls up 411 and speak to someone who get on 3way on the phone, asks me speicifically where i am and nicely gives me walking directions to the same meadow lake that nobody ever heard of. now.. meadow lake from 111th st and 55th ave.. is not exactly right around the corner. it was literally VERY FAR. and when i mean very, i mean very, extrememly. i had to cross 2-3 overpasses to get there. there are an obscene amount of picnic areas when i asked around as well. these were the directions i followed when one of the last posts i read on the thread said by 111th st and 55th ave. i walked around for 3 damn hours, going up to people, asking around, i like the stupid person i am, even walked literally from the front of corona park on 111th st and 55th ave to meadow lake.. but i walked almost around all the way back to corona park on the other side, making a complete circle. i was really looking forward to this, and i SERIOUSLY went beyond out of my way to get there and to find everyone. not easy to find is an understatement. i did all that for nothing. and im sorry but i cant apologize for being mad. because i am actually quite angry about it. i had to sit down in the midst of all this because i got lightheaded from the heat and walking for so long. you have no clue how far i must have walked back and forth. i dont even see how it was humanely possibly for me to not run into anyone because that's how much ground i covered. so heat, got sick, walked ridiculous amount. thank you for having an event like this, as it would have been great to meet other ladies, but due to how unreal it was that entire day for me, and then still winding up not seeing anyone. i will more than likely never go to another get together unless i speak with people on the phone and it is an easy location. i should have stayed home and saved myself from being in the heat, the stress, aggravation, time, and so on. hope everyone that actually found it had a good time. im sure people think i have an attitude and that's fine by me. if you were in my shoes on saturday, you would too. at the end of the day i think i got heat stroke because after walking around for 3 hours or me, i sat down in the park with a bottle of water and literally felt too lightheaded and weak to get up and walk the great distance back to my car. sorry but i was not going to not say anything. i am 1,000% sure i wasn't the only one who couldn't find it. i'm done with talking about this now. it was a true physical drain, made my anxiety through the roof and everything else i mentioned. literally one of the worst days i've had in a long time.
from everything you had went thru, im sure i would feel the same way, in fact i was so overwhelmed when i got there that i almost fainted myself.
if possible maybe a few of us can make the effort to meet you close to a area near you maybe for dinner instead of a big place like a park, i can see you put a real effort into it and if you want to pm me maybe we can make some kind of a plan, i know many of the other girls feel real bad. i just joined pto about a month ago, but i'll be here a while i guess cause my man is in michigan for maybe another 4-5 years, so i'll make the effort to try to get something going closer to you, cause something like that happen to me a couple of years ago and i know how horrible it feels. i hope things improve from here.
The Following User Says Thank You to hisbabyny For This Useful Post:
PTO-189145 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Banned

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisbabyny View Post
from everything you had went thru, im sure i would feel the same way, in fact i was so overwhelmed when i got there that i almost fainted myself.
if possible maybe a few of us can make the effort to meet you close to a area near you maybe for dinner instead of a big place like a park, i can see you put a real effort into it and if you want to pm me maybe we can make some kind of a plan, i know many of the other girls feel real bad. i just joined pto about a month ago, but i'll be here a while i guess cause my man is in michigan for maybe another 4-5 years, so i'll make the effort to try to get something going closer to you, cause something like that happen to me a couple of years ago and i know how horrible it feels. i hope things improve from here.

If you want to plan a dinner or something out on the Island I would love to go. Maybe we can meet like at Dave & Busters by the old Fortunoffs. That would be fun for adults and kids if you have kids you want to bring. And if anyone from Queens wants to go and does not have a ride they can ride with me.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:15 AM
A proud NYS Prison Wife!

Mooshy Moo,

I hear ya loud and clear but in this life we must realize that a lot of things happen beyond our control and this is one thing that was beyond anyones control and not done purposely to make people walk or drive around for fun.

I got there early cause I was coming from an FRP and I was at the right spot to begin with only to find that we were meeting at 111th and 55th and then drove there, got out the car with my 2 year old and walked a bit before I found out that it was now going to be by the lake cause you weren't allowed to bbq on that side so with bags hanging from my sons stroller I had to walk all the way back to my car when it took me a while to find a parking spot and head right back to the first spot I was at. But this was unforseen circumstances and getting angry and shutting down is not the answer, you tried and couldn't find us cause it was a big park with many different sides entrances, this is a lesson learned for all potential G2G planners I am sure to stick with places that would have Ma specific location to meet up to make things easier for people who don't even know what the other people look like. Miss Val did her best and did not know what happened would happen. Certainly it won't hurt any of us if you don't attempt any other G2G's it will only hurt you, because all in all meeting up and just chit chatting together was worth it all. So try to be positive as you anger will pass.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to themrs For This Useful Post:
HisNumBerOne (09-29-2010), MissVal1920 (09-28-2010), O's Sweetheart (09-28-2010), PTO-189145 (09-28-2010), PTO-92958 (09-28-2010), Shari (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 10:22 AM

I too attempted to go the G2G but was lost in the park for an hour and a half with my One year and two sister in laws!!! It was ridiculouslt hot!!! Missval tried to direct us but we just could not find it!!! Maybe next time we should try for a smaller place!!! :-(
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rashardswife807 For This Useful Post:
aba (09-29-2010), PTO-189145 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,158 Times in 729 Posts

Sorry I missed it, hope the ones who did make it had a great time!

The Following User Says Thank You to QPunky7408 For This Useful Post:
PTO-189145 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaa View Post
If you want to plan a dinner or something out on the Island I would love to go. Maybe we can meet like at Dave & Busters by the old Fortunoffs. That would be fun for adults and kids if you have kids you want to bring. And if anyone from Queens wants to go and does not have a ride they can ride with me.
There's Also a Dave & Buster's in Suffolk county, Long Island in Islandia on Veteran's Memorial Highway. I Don't have a car but I live Literally close enough to walk. If you have a get together anywhere else in Suffolk county I'd have to see if I can take a bus. The bus in Suffolk county is Not like in the city, Most Only run 'til about 8 PM & they Only come every hour for the most part. Hopefully you'll have it sometime in the new year after Christmas so I can save some money for my daughter & I to eat & play games so we can join you.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:28 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Our NYC G2G was wonderful, and we are planning the next for the spring.
This thread is now closed.
Please join us in our new thread here.
Closed Thread