Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Texas, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 04-10-2020, 12:50 PM

Default COVID-19 TDCJ Update with phone numbers to call

This was posted yesterday (4/9/20)

Beginning tomorrow TDCJ’s Health Services Division’s Patien with phone numbers to callt Liaison Program and our Correctional Managed Healthcare partners at the University of Texas Medical Branch and Texas Tech University Health Science Center will be staffing 3 hotlines to address inquiries related to COVID-19.

2 of these numbers are for offender family members only to get clinical updates of offenders under the universities care. Any release of information is contingent on the offender signing a release of information (ROI) for a designated family member. These numbers will operate from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. That allows nursing staff to have the most updated patient information.

UTMB Hotline: (409) 747-2727
TTUHSC Hotline: (806) 743-3285

The TDCJ Patient Liaison Program will also operate a COVID-19 hotline for third parties such as State leadership offices, advocacy groups, and others including attorneys and government agencies. This line will operate from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.

TDCJ Patient Liaison Hotline: (936) 437-3534

There are 15 facilities on precautionary lockdown due to a positive offender or employee COVID-19 test.

FACILITIES: Beto, Clements, Darrington, East Texas Treatment Facility, Estelle, Goree, Jordan, Murray, Ramsey, Robertson, Smith, Stringfellow, Telford, Woodman, Wynne.

Only staff that are assigned to those facilities will be allowed on the facilities. The medical lockdowns extend for 14 days from the date of the positive test. Those dates may be extended to the date of the most recent positive test.

Offenders that are under medical restriction will continue to receive twice daily temperature testing and anyone interacting with those offenders will wear N-95 mask and glove PPE.

All correctional staff at all facilities continue to wear cotton masks at all times and are encouraged to wear those masks when in public off duty.

Today there have been reported 11 new employee/contractor tests and 23 positive offender tests.

In all there have been 62 TDCJ employees, staff or contractors and 70 offenders in custody who have tested positive for COVID-19.
Firebrand (04-10-2020), patchouli (04-10-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2020, 10:31 AM

Will these numbers tell us if our loved one is possible sick? My husband is at Hutchins unit and I haven’t heard from him in 2 days. I am worried sick that he is a siting duck in there with that virus running ramped. The government is going to care about our guys health.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:18 PM

I'm not sure. I haven't called either number. My husband is also at the Hutchins unit. I haven't gotten a letter from him as of yet but I hope to soon. I'm worried to death about him. I hope to hear from him on Monday or Tuesday via letter.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:41 PM

Default List of all units and Covid testing data

Quote:
Allred 0
Baten 0
Bell 0
Beto 20
Boyd 1
See the full list on Tdcj Website.

https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/covid-19/offender_mac.html