Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Cooking & Recipes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2019, 09:42 AM

You can make some really good low fat/carb meals I've done it plenty of times. The craving for fat and carbs are so hard to beat at times. But once you get passed the first two weeks it's not so hard much.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2019, 09:53 AM

Clam spaghetti sounds really good! I don't blame you getting the giant can of clams lol have to go for the bargains.

I'm planning to make Cajun spaghetti with crab using wheat pasta. The crab in the can is expansive. So I'm going to get the frozen bag crabs, cook and unshell them myself lol. I hope I don't eat them before adding it into my spaghetti.
The Following User Says Thank You to keywii For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-19-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 09:54 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,273 Times in 15,614 Posts

I know what you mean. lol. It was when I made it, but not for the next few days afterward. haha. It was good, just not........something to satisfy that ......craving for yum.

I made a fried egg sammy yesterday for lunch?? It sounded good. And I only used the heel of the bread. haha.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-03-2019, 08:09 AM

Donation Award 

I made a new recipe last night. It came out pretty good. Curry chicken with coconut rice.
Ive tried to make curried chicken before but this came out pretty good. Both my hub and son liked it. I thought it was ok.
What was a bit different from other times Ive made the chicken is....the amount of curry. It called for 4 tsp of curry and 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper mixed together, then spread over the raw chicken like a rub. Brown it in a pan, for like 12 min.
Then removed from pan, and add onions, garlic (I used 4 cloves) and minced ginger.
cook that til onions are clearish.

Then add a can of unsweetened coconut milk, 2 cups basmati rice and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil then turn it off, add chicken (skin side up) and cover, put in preheated 350 oven for 20 min.
top with cilantro if you want to.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-08-2019, 08:33 AM

Donation Award 

Did a homeade lasagna last night.
I sort of did it in batches (like do the burger/sausage mix) cook the garlic/onion mix only I added a few home grown tomatoes to it.......grated the cheese.

had to buy the noodles you cook rather than the no cook kind so that sort of sucked. Plus i had too many noodles (but used them all anyway)
They are HOT and hard to handle too, which also sucked.

put it all together with store bought sauce (yum........very tasty stuff, better than any homeade Ive made) got it all layered up and in the oven.
opened the fridge and saw all the onions and garlic still in there. I also had too much meat mixture, so looks like at some point im gonna be making a meat sauce. haha.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-12-2019, 08:07 PM

Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Did a homeade lasagna last night.
I sort of did it in batches (like do the burger/sausage mix) cook the garlic/onion mix only I added a few home grown tomatoes to it.......grated the cheese.

had to buy the noodles you cook rather than the no cook kind so that sort of sucked. Plus i had too many noodles (but used them all anyway)
They are HOT and hard to handle too, which also sucked.

put it all together with store bought sauce (yum........very tasty stuff, better than any homeade Ive made) got it all layered up and in the oven.
opened the fridge and saw all the onions and garlic still in there. I also had too much meat mixture, so looks like at some point im gonna be making a meat sauce. haha.
Put a little olive oil on the water for the noodles. They are easier to manage. I like the no bake ones at well, but I have to make my sauce thinner because they absorb so much.

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (10-13-2019)