Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:01 AM

Default Not Getting Half the Letters He Sends, Garza East

Hey, everyone. I'm not sure what to do. My boyfriend is sending me letters, but they aren't making it to me. And they do not get sent back to him. It's like they vanish. I talked to my post office thinking it was them, but apparently it's not.

Is there something in his letters that could be flagging them? And if not, what do I do? Please help!

-Kristi
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2019, 11:03 AM

I have sent letters that have never made it to him or been sent back. It's strange but apparently normal. I've talked to a lot of people and it's happened to them too.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:10 AM

Is it normal for us to not receive letters from them? He's getting al my letters, I'm just not receiving his in return.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:16 AM

We unfortunately have had it happen both ways. It pisses me off. We don't break any rules, so I don't understand why they are not given or sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefinder For This Useful Post:
KEtherton (09-22-2019)
Old 09-22-2019, 11:21 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,624 Times in 1,484 Posts

It's a mailroom issue at the unit where he's at. Sometimes, they are understaffed and because of that the machine breaks down or runs slow. If they're slow about going through mail that comes in or goes out most often, it's to do with not enough people working or the ones that are there don't take their job seriously. I've seen it happen in the past. Other than contacting the warden's office and voicing your concerns, I don't know that much can be done. It's a technical problem within a specific prison that is most often corrected or not corrected at all by the person or persons that run the unit.
KEtherton (09-22-2019), MSGARCIA1992 (09-25-2019)
Old 09-22-2019, 11:30 AM

I was going to call the mailroom and leave a complaint. Should I skip that and just directly call the warden's office?

Thank you both for your help.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:49 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

I wouldn't complain. I'd call, but the thing I'd try and do is word it in such a way where there is concern and a sense of not understanding. If you slam them, they're likely to retaliate and they retaliate quite often when it comes to an issue like this. Kill them with kindness who ever you call. If you can call the mailroom then, try there first. If not, contact the warden.
MSGARCIA1992 (09-25-2019), sidewalker (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 09:04 AM

I called them today, and their mail room is NOT backed up, and the letters are going out the same day. So now I am on the phone holding for the post office. I'm so frustrated right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to KEtherton For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 11:56 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEtherton View Post
I called them today, and their mail room is NOT backed up, and the letters are going out the same day. So now I am on the phone holding for the post office. I'm so frustrated right now.
I understand, but don't let this stress you out. There are some things we can change and some things we can't. Don't self destruct over a letter in the mail. It'll all work out.
dtmom2013 (09-23-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 10:30 AM

It's not my Post office. I was able to figure that out because his letters aren't getting to his grandmother either. So now the question is, what do I say to the mail department? Or anyone? I don't want to make things worse, but he's literally wasting stamps trying to send us letters.

Can anyone help me?