Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > PRISON PEN PALS > Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk General talk about prison pen-pals. Please do not place ads in this forum!

Old 09-17-2019, 01:36 PM

Default Visiting Application

I know this is likely going to be specific to the state in which my pen pal is incarcerated but I wanted to get a general idea and maybe some advice. I would like to submit an application to visit one of my pen pals but I have read on various forums that if I didn't know my pen pal prior to his incarceration, I will be automatically denied. I am just curious how often pen pals are approved for visits, when being completely honest about the fact that they did not know their pen pal previously? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2019, 02:36 PM
Until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda724 View Post
I know this is likely going to be specific to the state in which my pen pal is incarcerated but I wanted to get a general idea and maybe some advice. I would like to submit an application to visit one of my pen pals but I have read on various forums that if I didn't know my pen pal prior to his incarceration, I will be automatically denied. I am just curious how often pen pals are approved for visits, when being completely honest about the fact that they did not know their pen pal previously? Thanks in advance!
I've never heard this rule. How would they even be able to prove or disprove that anyways. They should be approved 100% of the time?
Old 09-17-2019, 02:58 PM

I didn't meet my boyfriend via pen pal, we met at work. He was on work release. When I filled out visitation papers I was denied because I checked the met after incarceration box.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:02 PM
Green Eyed Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda724 View Post
I would like to submit an application to visit one of my pen pals but I have read on various forums that if I didn't know my pen pal prior to his incarceration, I will be automatically denied.
I believe this stipulation is for people incarcerated in the Federal BOP. I know here in Texas, I didn't even fill out a visitor form. My loved one did.

Old 09-19-2019, 12:48 PM
His Girl ❤️

The California application doesn't ask if you met after or before incarceration.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:52 PM

I would ask your pen pal if they know how itís handled. I have a pen pal I wouldnít like to visit but have not filled out the form until I have navigated this exact question. I canít in good conscience put down I knew him before, even if it would make it easier. From other postings Iíve read if your pen pal has not had a visitor in a long time you may be able to use that to make your case.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stillwater For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-22-2019)