Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 1 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Gadsden Re-Entry Center, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex, Holmes CI Jackson CI Jefferson CI Liberty CI NWFRC NWFRC Annex Okaloosa CI Quincy Annex Santa Rosa CI Santa Rosa Annex Wakulla CI Wakulla CI Annex Walton CI

Old 03-22-2019, 11:10 PM

Default First visit to graceville, bringing infant

I was finally approved to visit my son! I get to hug him for the first time in two years (yeah, that's me crying). I will be bringing my five month old grandson ( his nephew) with me next weekend. It's a 7 hour drive without stops, so I'm figuring 10 with baby and potty breaks. I managed to get reservations for the only motel in town, am bringing extra loose baggy clothes and closed toe shoes for myself, cash for the vending machines, a clear pacifier, 2 bottles, a sealed can of formula, baby's birth certificate and notarized letter from his mom( my daughter), my I'd, warm clothes for the baby ( he says it's freezing there), a non quilted blanket, diapers, wipes and a clear plastic bag... I am really unclear on what one baby carrier means. I would like to be able to have something for the baby to sleep in. The car seat is heavy with him in it, and I don't know how far it is from the parking lot. I do have a wearable front carrier, but that's not ideal for napping. Does anyone know if an umbrella stroller would qualify? I'm too old to carry that car seat around all day, lol. Anything else I should know?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2019, 06:51 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,309 Times in 4,695 Posts

Hi there I can imagine you are very excited about your visit. I hope you have an amazing time.
I would call visiting and ask them what is allowed and whether you can bring the stroller? I know at my husbands facility in Colorado they have travel cribs available for babies and they they set them up by the visiting table.
I dont know about the facility you are going to but I would make you ask directly as you are travelling a long way.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Browsin4287 (03-23-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 12:28 PM
beautifully flawed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browsin4287 View Post
I was finally approved to visit my son! I get to hug him for the first time in two years (yeah, that's me crying). I will be bringing my five month old grandson ( his nephew) with me next weekend. It's a 7 hour drive without stops, so I'm figuring 10 with baby and potty breaks. I managed to get reservations for the only motel in town, am bringing extra loose baggy clothes and closed toe shoes for myself, cash for the vending machines, a clear pacifier, 2 bottles, a sealed can of formula, baby's birth certificate and notarized letter from his mom( my daughter), my I'd, warm clothes for the baby ( he says it's freezing there), a non quilted blanket, diapers, wipes and a clear plastic bag... I am really unclear on what one baby carrier means. I would like to be able to have something for the baby to sleep in. The car seat is heavy with him in it, and I don't know how far it is from the parking lot. I do have a wearable front carrier, but that's not ideal for napping. Does anyone know if an umbrella stroller would qualify? I'm too old to carry that car seat around all day, lol. Anything else I should know?
my man is in Okaloosa but ive never seen any type of stroller in any of the visits. ive seen someone bring in a car seat but the next time I seen them bring the baby in they just brought a big blanket to lay the baby on the table while they napped. there is someone on this site that's husband is at Gracevilles work camp and she may be able to give you a bit more insight since she takes her grandson at times..

heres to the new me, she deserves better than what the old me has allowed..

Old 03-26-2019, 08:42 PM

[quote=Browsin4287;7769305]I was finally approved to visit my son! I get to hug him for the first time in two years (yeah, that's me crying). I will be bringing my five month old grandson ( his nephew) with me next weekend. It's a 7 hour drive without stops, so I'm figuring 10 with baby and potty breaks. I managed to get reservations for the only motel in town, am bringing extra loose baggy clothes and closed toe shoes for myself, cash for the vending machines, a clear pacifier, 2 bottles, a sealed can of formula, baby's birth certificate and notarized letter from his mom( my daughter), my I'd, warm clothes for the baby ( he says it's freezing there), a non quilted blanket, diapers, wipes and a clear plastic bag... I am really unclear on what one baby carrier means. I would like to be able to have something for the baby to sleep in. The car seat is heavy with him in it, and I don't know how far it is from the parking lot. I do have a wearable front carrier, but that's not ideal for napping. Does anyone know if an umbrella stroller would qualify? I'm too old to carry that car seat around all day, lol. Anything else I should know?[/QUOTE

Graceville fc or Work camp? My hubby is at work camp. No stroller, carrier is the infant carseat, 5 diapers, put wipes in clear ziplock. We always just fold the blanket and let my grandson sleep on the table between us.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnielg For This Useful Post:
MPsQueen (03-27-2019)
Old 09-22-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browsin4287 View Post
I was finally approved to visit my son! I get to hug him for the first time in two years (yeah, that's me crying). I will be bringing my five month old grandson ( his nephew) with me next weekend. It's a 7 hour drive without stops, so I'm figuring 10 with baby and potty breaks. Anything else I should know?
I have a friend who will be traveling 5 hours to visit GCF this coming weekend. Can you help us get ready? What time does she need to be on property? Where does she go to register? Is there a CDC canteen or only vending machines? What clothing is vest to wear? Do they take pics and, if so, how much are they?

She is very nervous which I think we all understand. And, unfortunatley, I have only dealt with FDOC facilities. We all know the rules are different for every place....

Thanks in advance for your help.