Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:09 PM

Default Question about monitors

Question
Who has control over the monitors that have the gps tracking box? they say he has to be on it for 1 to 2 years. Has to have everything scheduled
My son spent almost 17 yrs in prison and is just 33
and has been out two months today. In this time he has found
a full time job and has done nothing wrong. He has been allowed to leave at 6am for work a good 40 min drive (we live in a rurul area) he gets off at 4:30 and has to be inside at 6pm. till today when the parole officers shows up at work and tells him he has to be in by 5pm which puts him in violation every day. The parole officer says its out of his hands?????
I'm confussed. do they want him to screw up and go back or what? would like to hear anyones thoughts on this. Can I contact someone on this.
Help
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2010, 03:35 PM

Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,014 Posts

I dont know but I would be upset too! Maybe call the parole officer and find out where the orders came from. If its out of his hands, then he should know whos hands its in. One hour shouldnt be a deal to them, but it sure is to your son!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
here we go again :(
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,342 Times in 615 Posts

I'm not sure who controls it but I do know they are pretty strict. my husband had to be on one too when he got out but only for 60 days. he may just have to see if he can adjust his schedule at work and get off a little earlier. Sucks I know, but he wont be on it forever and it sure as heck beats the alternative.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 PM

Thanked 1,701 Times in 851 Posts

Yes, the whole logic behind electronic monitoring is to revoke someone and send them back to prison.

The parole division contracts with outside companies to monitor the monitors. The company simply sends the info to the parole officer and then the parole officer decides what to do with it.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:50 PM

And are those normal hours for someone?? Thats ridiculous!! How can he hold a job like that?? Are there any other stipulations, such as coming to your job, or home surprises??
Old 10-06-2010, 02:00 PM

I would quit the job before I would risk a violation if you cannot find someone to talk to to straighten this out. It really stinks but what choice do you have?