Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Recidivism and Re-entry
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Recidivism and Re-entry Share information, research, and personal experiences.

View Poll Results: Will he go back?
Of Course 22 10.78%
Not sure 9 4.41%
I hope Not 88 43.14%
NO NO NO ... NEVER 85 41.67%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2011, 11:18 PM

Default Will He Go Back?

Honestly, Do you think this is his last bid? Not what you hope or what he tells you , Do You think this is it?

Me?
Although, I want this to be it, I just honestly dont think he will ever STOP. He is 44 yrs old and hasent yet. He is great for a year or so, then it all comes back.
So my answer is yes.

When they asked me what I loved most about life, I smiled and said "you"

Last edited by Stacieswrath; 10-03-2011 at 11:21 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stacieswrath For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (03-18-2017), clingingtohope (01-25-2015), Summerlove92 (09-11-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 11:30 PM

I answered 'I hope not'. I wish I could answer 'NO', but I guess I'm just not that sure yet. I hope one day I am. But I do know that if he does go back, it won't be with my support. I will not drag myself through the mud again. I pray my husband comes home and does all the things he says he will, but I guess we'll see.

-Bob Marley

On August the 4th 2011 my best friend and I got married.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsField For This Useful Post:
LOVINGBREED (10-04-2011), ohsweetmaryjane (05-27-2012), Stacieswrath (10-03-2011), Temeron0926 (03-15-2012)
Old 10-04-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsField View Post
I answered 'I hope not'. I wish I could answer 'NO', but I guess I'm just not that sure yet. I hope one day I am. But I do know that if he does go back, it won't be with my support. I will not drag myself through the mud again. I pray my husband comes home and does all the things he says he will, but I guess we'll see.
I do agree with you!!! I can't do this again, so I hopE hE doesn't return...

In all fairness he appears to have changed to his old sweet loving and focus self, but when your out its different, I guest because its more temptation on the outside...idk..:-)I sure hope he has...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passionfruit For This Useful Post:
clingingtohope (01-25-2015), naylovesjay (10-04-2011), Stacieswrath (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 03:54 PM
mrs.robinson {l@ l@}

i answered i hope not ...only because my husband is very proud and he wont let me or his kids settle for less so that might b something we gone have to work hard on cus i dont need the money i NEED him home with us . so im doin my best to make sure this was the first &last time doin this bid
His_Sweetheart (09-19-2012)
Old 10-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Free my hubby!

I voted no, he was doing good before he went in. It was just an old charge that came back and he rook responsibility for his actions. I'm proud of him. He is growing into an amazing man and he just keeps amazing me. He's only been home 4 days but the change is outstanding. He is more understanding of the kids and his appreciation for EVERYTHING is awesome! I know some things will go back to how they were before but that's to be expected, but he knows what he did wrong and is making the necessary changes. I love him beyond the moon and stars
Old 10-04-2011, 05:23 PM

- i answered i hope not, i wish i could said heck no he isnt going back but, iv been down this road before with him. he told me that he changed and everything and 6 months down the road he was locked up again. but if he does go back this time he is going to have a new girl cause i love him with all of my heart but, i cant deal with the trouble any more i just wanna be a family and raise our child like we want to and not have to worry every night if he is out there getting in trouble
clingingtohope (01-25-2015)
Old 10-04-2011, 05:25 PM

amen sister. i feel you there 100%
Old 10-04-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfield View Post
i answered 'i hope not'. I wish i could answer 'no', but i guess i'm just not that sure yet. I hope one day i am. But i do know that if he does go back, it won't be with my support. I will not drag myself through the mud again. I pray my husband comes home and does all the things he says he will, but i guess we'll see.
amen sister i feel you 100%
Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 PM

I going to say this is his last bid, something gas genuinely changed in him and I really feel that he is done playing this game... Either way I made it very clear this is my last bid.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:37 PM
*his ride or die girl*
Donation Award 

I don't think he will..he had never been The reason he is there now is cuz before he got locked up, money was truly the most important thing in his life.. Having the best cars, the very best clothes, and going to the hottest clubs..

We got back together after he got sentenced, and he tells me all the time that his priorities have changed sooo much and that there's not enough $$ in the world to take me from him again.. So my answer is no..
Old 10-04-2011, 06:06 PM

i said absolutely not. he was locked up for violating his probation then house arrest and thats all a really long story (his violations were all cuz of not paying child support cuz he couldnt find a job). but his charge is CP possesion cuz when he was 18 and still in high school a 16 yr old girl in his senior english class sent him her pics and lied and said she was 18. then told her dad that he pressured her into doing it. all because she told him that she had a crush on him and he politely told her he wasnt interested! so seeing as how #1 he doesnt even look at anyone under at least 21 anymore, #2 he doesnt need pics cuz he has my pics, #3 he refuses to open any email attachments or picture messages unless its from me or his mother or of our kids when hes out (obviously non sexual). so i know he wont be reoffending.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Babycakes

All can say is I hope not. In the 16 years we have been together he has been in county 3 times twice for 1 years once for 6 month. Now he is in prison for 2 YEARS. Will he change i dont know. He always says he will but he is trouble waiting to happen. We have 4 kids who need him and who are slowly starting to resent him for all this. I hope for the best
Old 10-04-2011, 10:09 PM

Nope...he will not GO BACK! He realize how important it is to loose your FREEDOM! Plus how much it hurt your children n wife!! lOVE U YOU SO MUCH N MISS VITTORIO!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:58 AM

nope he won't .I'm more than sure he will stay out of jail .. he is still very young &still can change his life around ...he really got lucky without going to prison , he's honestly realized it .and even though he had to learn it this way ...I'm glad this will help him get his life around . Hes matured a lot more ...but I guess we will have to are how it does when he's out ? .I'm ready for it he's been gone since he was 17 & will be home this friday
Old 11-16-2011, 08:05 PM

I posted NO NO NEVER! And I stand by that. What I can say is that IF, by some small chance he does...he will not have me waiting for him. I will move on. Jail is one thing, prison is another. The time has just barely started, still waiting on a transfer to the prison, then 6 mo, 9 mo....if not a year...this is his one (forgive for the pun) get out of jail free card with me. Circumstances allow this as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Missy&MAD For This Useful Post:
clingingtohope (01-26-2015)
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,103 Times in 1,724 Posts

I can't say never, because I never thought I would go to jail but just recently I did. 32 years trouble free and then pow. I will say though like he said before he did not mind jail, this is his first time in prison and he said before me he figure he would just do his time and his children he knew of would still be young when he came home and they had already created a bond so they would just pick up were they left off. Since I came in to his life he sees that there is more to life. He wants to live life, not just have life. I threw him a curve ball when I told him about our daughter because she was not young. He should have been out now trying to bond with her but now it might just be too late. He never had someone to truly love him, it was always about the material things he could bring to the table. I think I had showed him a different side and now he wants to come home and be the working legal man for his family because he knows either way he is going to be loved.

To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klewis For This Useful Post:
Temeron0926 (07-15-2013)
Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 AM

He definitely says that It's his first and last time in prison..and i believe him and I pray that he keeps that mindset because if he was to go back.. I couldn't stay.. the thought of having to leave him makes me sad.. but i know at the end of the day I could not and will not EVER do this again..Even love couldn't make me bare this pain again.
The Following User Says Thank You to ILoveChris27 For This Useful Post:
clingingtohope (01-26-2015)
Old 03-15-2012, 03:13 AM
grá mo chroí

Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,527 Posts

I can only say I hope not. I can't say never.......because one can never say never! We have talked and talked and talked some more about this. He KNOWS that if he gets a bit of time in county for doing something stupid (or for having a power hungry PO) then I will be pissed but I will be there. IF he goes back because he re-offends................he goes back alone! I can't and won't do this again! I have spent the last 18+ years waiting for him to be free. We will be 51 when he gets out. I am way too old to do this again! I love him more than life itself, and he knows it, but he also knows I won't tolerate another felony..............besides, he is on his 2nd strike, one more and he is in prison for life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Temeron0926 For This Useful Post:
clingingtohope (01-26-2015), Summerlove92 (09-11-2013)
Old 03-21-2012, 04:34 PM

I believe this will be his last time in prison.. no doubt

it's you & me, forever..
<3a.g & a.p<3
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 AM

Thanked 1,564 Times in 801 Posts

I answered "I hope not". My boyfriend doesn't like following rules and he gets an attitude sometimes. I do think that this incarceration (a direct result of him not following rules of the program he was sentenced to!!!) kinda scared him. And I do think that he's grown up a lot, but there's just going to be a learning curve with him. Unfortunately the DOC doesn't care and wants him to be a good boy until 2019, LOL.

I just told him that I can't keep going thru this crap, just in terms of like we want a baby and I don't wanna be dragging kids up to prison visiting rooms and stuff. And emotionally him being away has been really hard on me.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Faithfully Waiting

I answered no no never. This is his first bid and it was over something minor. He doesn't ever usually put himself in situations that can lead to getting in trouble with the law so I truly believe he will not be back. However, I cannot forsee the future so I can't say 100% oh no, he's never going back! But I don't believe he will no.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:22 PM

he hasn't been convicted yet, but has sat in jail for 11 months awaiting trial. Even if he was guilty of this, which I believe he isn't, he isn't a criminal, doesn't do drugs, doesn't steal. Has barely had a traffic ticket. No he will never go back. Every time I talk to him he says he wishes he could scrub out his brain with lysol to get rid of all the stuff he's learned while in jail.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Love Dont Run<3

I wish I knew.
He says he wants to change & I can see a lot of change in him already, however, the 'real world' & prison life are totally different & it wont take much to go back to the life he was living before.
I trust him and I do know he doesn't WANT to but until he's home there's no true way to tell.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:47 AM

i put i hope not he says he will never go back there once he is free and im hoping he means it
Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 AM
Honey

I put I hope not. I just can't do another bid. I'm just to old to waste my time no matter how much I love him