Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Mississippi that do not fit into any other Mississippi sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:31 PM

Angry How can I stop MWI from extorting me

Hi,
I bet someone in prison 5 years ago and we became close friends. He seemed like the nicest guy. He really had me believing that he was innocent in the crime that he was convicted of. After about 2 years his true colors started showing. He started claiming that he had to have a certain amount of money or he was going to be hurt or worse. So being the naive person that I am I believed him. I sent him the money that he needed. Well long story short this continued and the amount of money increased. I told him that I could not talk to him anymore because I felt like this was a game. I tried cutting off communication with him but that made things worse. He started calling my work repeatedly like 80 times in one day. He said that he wouldn’t stop until I gave him the money he needed. He then went on to contact my family members with the hope of me caving. I don’t know what to do. I have called the prison hundreds of times and no one seems to care. I am so stressed! This has caused so much anxiety. All I want to do is sleep. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this manipulator?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2021, 06:01 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,321 Times in 13,938 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. If the prison won't act, take your complaints to their bosses, the MS Dept. Of corrections:
https://www.mdoc.ms.gov/Pages/default.aspx

MS Dept. of Public Security:
https://www.ms.gov/Agencies/department-public-safety

Extortion, especially by a MS prisoner, is a crime, and should also be seen as an internal danger to the prison system.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:01 PM

Thanked 1,187 Times in 345 Posts

Have you considered a restraining order? I bet the local sherif serving one to a prison would raise a few eyebrows and put some folks on notice
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-20-2021), maytayah (01-21-2021), priceam (01-21-2021), RaeLR (01-20-2021), sidewalker (01-21-2021), yourself (01-20-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 08:37 PM
Donation Award 

Keep working your way up the food chain at the prison if you get no response. And then call the governor's office to file a complaint against DOC if no one takes care of it. You are only as helpless as your let yourself be.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:14 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,396 Times in 16,700 Posts

return any mail unopened as REFUSED.
Contact the warden by letter and explain what is going on.

As to the phones......if its the prison phone and you know the number just dont pick up. Or block it. But this guy calling your work? wow. Maybe you could tell your boss and ask that they tell him you quit or were fired ...And your family?
He needs his phone access cut off.

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
priceam (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 08:51 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,396 Times in 16,700 Posts

adding, if he's using a cell phone, rat him out.

Old 01-21-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerguy View Post
Have you considered a restraining order? I bet the local sherif serving one to a prison would raise a few eyebrows and put some folks on notice
I wasn’t sure if I could get one since he is already in prison but I will definitely find out.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
adding, if he's using a cell phone, rat him out.
I have called and reported the phone but they don’t seem to care. They have searched him a few times but could never find it. One time when he called me I muted the phone and called the prison from another phone and told them to go to the bathroom bc that is where they hide but they said they couldn’t do that. They had the perfect opportunity to catch him in the act. One of the deputy wardens asked why I didn’t want him calling me from a cell phone. I was floored. I said first of all it is illegal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mentallydrained For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (01-22-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeLR View Post
Keep working your way up the food chain at the prison if you get no response. And then call the governor's office to file a complaint against DOC if no one takes care of it. You are only as helpless as your let yourself be.
I may just have to do that. It’s ashamed that people won’t do their job.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:19 AM

Thanked 1,187 Times in 345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallydrained View Post
I wasn’t sure if I could get one since he is already in prison but I will definitely find out.
A restraining order is designed for ANY sort of contact. Not just face to face.

In the prison I work at an inmate was served with a restraining order by his soon to be ex-wife. She claimed he was harassing her etc.

The inmate's life became very difficult after that. He was sent to SHU for the investigation in reference to the harassment. He received an incident report lost phone privileges for like 6 months etc.

If the administration is blowing you off in your complaints, and prison officials sometimes do that to the public, (I won't deny it) You are in essence forcing their hand to deal with the situation because now you have an outside judge and agency involved. They have to answer to them on the actions of their inmate.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-21-2021), sidewalker (01-22-2021), TheWrightOne (01-22-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 11:37 AM

Thank you for that info!
Old 01-21-2021, 02:30 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 12,316 Times in 5,159 Posts

I am sorry to hear you are having to deal with this. I agree with everyone else , block him on your phone, return any mail to the prison. Write to the warden ask he is blocked from writing to you or calling you or your work or family. Find out who is the boss of the DOC and write to them. If you get no response go for a no contact order to the court.

Its a sad lesson learnt but some inmates do play the long game they prey on decent people. Look after yourself .

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:34 PM

Thank you for replying! I have him blocked on everything so all I can do is pray and do things that all of you have suggested.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentallydrained For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-22-2021), maytayah (01-22-2021), sidewalker (01-22-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallydrained View Post
Hi,
I bet someone in prison 5 years ago and we became close friends. He seemed like the nicest guy. He really had me believing that he was innocent in the crime that he was convicted of. After about 2 years his true colors started showing. He started claiming that he had to have a certain amount of money or he was going to be hurt or worse. So being the naive person that I am I believed him. I sent him the money that he needed. Well long story short this continued and the amount of money increased. I told him that I could not talk to him anymore because I felt like this was a game. I tried cutting off communication with him but that made things worse. He started calling my work repeatedly like 80 times in one day. He said that he wouldn’t stop until I gave him the money he needed. He then went on to contact my family members with the hope of me caving. I don’t know what to do. I have called the prison hundreds of times and no one seems to care. I am so stressed! This has caused so much anxiety. All I want to do is sleep. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this manipulator?
CONTACT THE CDCR OMBUDSMAN and someone will get to you before 48 hours and let them know it will be handled ASAP
Old 02-25-2021, 09:01 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,680 Times in 17,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemz5150 View Post
CONTACT THE CDCR OMBUDSMAN and someone will get to you before 48 hours and let them know it will be handled ASAP
CDCR is California only. In Mississippi it's MDOC (Mississippi Department of Corrections)

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (02-26-2021)