Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > World Prison News
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

World Prison News Post info (IF it doesn't belong in another PTO forum) about the prison system, prisoner support, criminal justice, etc., that you learn firsthand, through the media, from an inmate, or any other source. News can be local, state, Federal, or int'l.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-08-2020, 05:24 PM
choclgs's Avatar
choclgs choclgs is offline
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Carolinas
Posts: 7,752
Thanks: 6,452
Thanked 3,755 Times in 2,542 Posts
Default They Sent Us To Just Fade Away And Die": Men Incarcerated at Cuomo’s Prison

They Sent Us To Just Fade Away And Die": Men Incarcerated at Cuomo’s Prison Nursing Home Say They Can’t Access Medical Care

"An 80-year-old man, suffering from osteoporosis, ordered to do manual labor. A 63-year-old with AIDS deprived of a routine blood test. A 64-year-old with chronic lung disease unable to see a doctor.

These are some of the stories from men incarcerated at the Adirondack Correctional Facility, a prison in Ray Brook, New York, just south of the Canadian border. Nearly 100 inmates over the age of 60 were hastily transferred there in June, as COVID-19 was spreading through downstate prisons.

But now some of them say they’re denied basic medical care and fear succumbing to treatable conditions."

https://gothamist.com/news/men-incar...LBiJgyUJAf2vqA
__________________
"Waiting is negative; hoping is positive. so try to wait with hope. This will help you remember that you're on your way to something worth waiting for."
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Ms Sunny Ms Sunny is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 1,179
Thanks: 2,208
Thanked 1,205 Times in 529 Posts
Default

I won’t comment on anyone’s experiences, only to correct one statement: Cuomo has never been a friend to corrections, or saving jobs.
Right now NYS is waiting to hear what facilities are closing. Cuomo states 7.
He is about politics. Not saving jobs or spending money on older inmates, just send them north where there is no Covid.
And he’s in deep with the nursing homes.
Cuomo makes all the decisions.
God help us all.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2020, 05:53 PM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is online now
Moderator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 3,660
Thanks: 564
Thanked 4,590 Times in 2,169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
I won’t comment on anyone’s experiences, only to correct one statement: Cuomo has never been a friend to corrections, or saving jobs.
Right now NYS is waiting to hear what facilities are closing. Cuomo states 7.
He is about politics. Not saving jobs or spending money on older inmates, just send them north where there is no Covid.
And he’s in deep with the nursing homes.
Cuomo makes all the decisions.
God help us all.
7? Double bunking will be 10x worse and COVID will be worse
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2020, 06:05 PM
ambermarshall11 ambermarshall11 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Nys
Posts: 779
Thanks: 9
Thanked 229 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
I won’t comment on anyone’s experiences, only to correct one statement: Cuomo has never been a friend to corrections, or saving jobs.
Right now NYS is waiting to hear what facilities are closing. Cuomo states 7.
He is about politics. Not saving jobs or spending money on older inmates, just send them north where there is no Covid.
And he’s in deep with the nursing homes.
Cuomo makes all the decisions.
God help us all.
Speaking of going up north are they moving inmates yet to go upstate i haven't heard anything i no that there was a stop to that but haven't heard anything lately
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2020, 06:06 PM
ambermarshall11 ambermarshall11 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Nys
Posts: 779
Thanks: 9
Thanked 229 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
7? Double bunking will be 10x worse and COVID will be worse
Yeah sounds like a disaster waiting to happen just like he did the no bail reform the crime is double than what it was so sad
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2020, 06:56 PM
Ms Sunny Ms Sunny is online now
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 1,179
Thanks: 2,208
Thanked 1,205 Times in 529 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
7? Double bunking will be 10x worse and COVID will be worse
YES!!! I forgot about the double bunking lawsuits... it was only supposed to be temporary, and every inmate signed a contract that they can request a single in sixty days, if move is possible.
Do you know how many years this has been? It’s horrendous and inhuman. And it’s his choice so he can close facilities. And he is not hiring more staff to accommodate, so you have a state where Covid is releasing those early who qualify (decisions made in Albany), but you are left with hardcore violent and gang violence with less staffing putting other inmates in jeopardy.
What happens on the street eventually comes inside. And chaos ensues. I know more old timers who just want to stay in their “house” and read than deal with the bs.
Sad state of affairs. Cuomo owns this.
Pardon my vent.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2020, 07:14 PM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is online now
Moderator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 3,660
Thanks: 564
Thanked 4,590 Times in 2,169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
YES!!! I forgot about the double bunking lawsuits... it was only supposed to be temporary, and every inmate signed a contract that they can request a single in sixty days, if move is possible.
Do you know how many years this has been? It’s horrendous and inhuman. And it’s his choice so he can close facilities. And he is not hiring more staff to accommodate, so you have a state where Covid is releasing those early who qualify (decisions made in Albany), but you are left with hardcore violent and gang violence with less staffing putting other inmates in jeopardy.
What happens on the street eventually comes inside. And chaos ensues. I know more old timers who just want to stay in their “house” and read than deal with the bs.
Sad state of affairs. Cuomo owns this.
Pardon my vent.
How many years until your retirement?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (09-09-2020)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cuomo can shrink the prison system Momma Ann New York Prison News & Events 0 12-01-2010 12:47 PM
Does the heartbreak of being separated ever fade? kag896 Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison 23 11-08-2010 12:03 AM
How to end it? In person, a letter, just fade away? Dominey When the Relationship is Over... 28 12-11-2009 04:28 PM
They don't just fade away Blueyez94 Alabama Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events 0 01-29-2007 12:59 PM
DORC Website's "Offender Data" Lists Dead Prisoners As Still "Incarcerated" bebopp7 Ohio Prison & Legal News, Info & Events 5 03-05-2004 11:42 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:24 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics