Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:03 AM
Go Niners!

Yes. Definitely locked down since 2:30 Sunday afternoon. I was there at visit and I got an email about 4:50 saying it was gonna be awhile and he'd write..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed77 For This Useful Post:
06fsrk (09-09-2014), fbopnomore (07-28-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Go Niners!

Since Sunday about 2:30 no visits either this weekend, I just called. I think it's pretty serious the CO's had pepper spray and everything running around the yard like crazy...hopefully not too long. Write your loved one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewillnotgiveup View Post
So herlong is on lockdown? Do you know since when? I'm hoping it's not a long one either...
Old 08-01-2014, 09:16 AM

Unhappy Tried to get information

Hello- Im new here so forgive me if I ask something I should already know. But I see people commenting that they called and the guy told them this and that. When I tried calling Herlong the last few days a couple different times, talked to a couple different guys. They refused to tell me ANYTHING! I asked if there was a lockdown, is my guy ok? and I got NOTHING. I even phoned in regards to his daughter who is scared and worried and told them this and they would not tell me anything. Not even a damn yes or no. So am I asking wrong? Is there a method to getting info? I can't understand why other peoples questions are getting answered when they call and not mine? Im so worried about him too...
Old 08-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Go Niners!

Hi BabyWu,

It really just depends on who answers at Herlong. I got a nice lady the other day when I asked if there would be visiting this weekend and she said no, I was surprised she even answered my question. Be patient, your loved one will write you when they get a chance. From an article I read, there were inmates and CO's that were injured but nothing serious so that's a good thing even though it's not but not serious is a good sign that your loved one is ok. You can keep trying and just say that you are worried about your loved one and would like to know if they are housed in the SHU or not. Hope this helps a little. I got a letter yesterday and he sent it out Tuesday, but I'm in California. If they are in the SHU it takes a few more days to get them writing supplies and however long the CO's want to take to give them the writing supplies. I know it's hard not to worry but just keep positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyWu View Post
Hello- Im new here so forgive me if I ask something I should already know. But I see people commenting that they called and the guy told them this and that. When I tried calling Herlong the last few days a couple different times, talked to a couple different guys. They refused to tell me ANYTHING! I asked if there was a lockdown, is my guy ok? and I got NOTHING. I even phoned in regards to his daughter who is scared and worried and told them this and they would not tell me anything. Not even a damn yes or no. So am I asking wrong? Is there a method to getting info? I can't understand why other peoples questions are getting answered when they call and not mine? Im so worried about him too...
The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed77 For This Useful Post:
06fsrk (09-09-2014)
Old 08-01-2014, 05:31 PM

Thank you so much RubyRed77 for the reply. I appreciate u taking the time to write that. If you hear anything else please let me know. I hate this...this is actually all pretty new to me. Im not used to this kind of thing at all...its stressing me right out - I HATE not knowing if he's ok...
Old 08-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Go Niners!

No problem at all

You'll always worry because prison is unpredictable and you somehow learn to adjust to being patient at least a week or two till you get something in the mail. I remember it being all new to me too. Hang in there and I'll let you know if I hear anything new but as of now I think the lockdown will be awhile

Quote:
Thank you so much RubyRed77 for the reply. I appreciate u taking the time to write that. If you hear anything else please let me know. I hate this...this is actually all pretty new to me. Im not used to this kind of thing at all...its stressing me right out - I HATE not knowing if he's ok...
Old 08-01-2014, 07:11 PM

OK, I know they can't email or call but if I send a physical letter would they give it to him?
Old 08-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Go Niners!

Yes of course they will. He can receive and send mail.

Quote:
OK, I know they can't email or call but if I send a physical letter would they give it to him?
Old 08-01-2014, 08:54 PM

Thumbs up Okie Thank You

Old 08-03-2014, 09:16 PM

Any word on the Lockdown? it's been a week & I haven't heard from My Love yet. This is the hard past but just wondering if anyone has heard from their loved ones
Old 08-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Go Niners!

I've received letters...and it's looking like it's gonna be a looong while until the lockdown is lifted hope you hear something this week..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc0326 View Post
Any word on the Lockdown? it's been a week & I haven't heard from My Love yet. This is the hard past but just wondering if anyone has heard from their loved ones
Old 08-04-2014, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed77 View Post
I've received letters...and it's looking like it's gonna be a looong while until the lockdown is lifted hope you hear something this week..

Aw we man really?.... I'm hoping it's lifted soon..... Hurts my heart but do you know the reason why there's a lockdown? Just curious if you heard anything or not. THank You very much.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:14 AM
Go Niners!

I have no idea why it happened but there were various fights on the yard Sunday afternoon which resulted in CO's and inmates being sent to the hospital but none with serious injuries. I hope it's lifted soon too but from what I hear, they are talking awhile and my fiancé said 1-2 months, is that even possible? My heart hurts just thinking that could be true

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc0326 View Post
Aw we man really?.... I'm hoping it's lifted soon..... Hurts my heart but do you know the reason why there's a lockdown? Just curious if you heard anything or not. THank You very much.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed77 View Post
I have no idea why it happened but there were various fights on the yard Sunday afternoon which resulted in CO's and inmates being sent to the hospital but none with serious injuries. I hope it's lifted soon too but from what I hear, they are talking awhile and my fiancé said 1-2 months, is that even possible? My heart hurts just thinking that could be true

The last email I got he just said "you won't hear from me for awhile" and he can't call because he lost his call time until end of October.. Geeez it seems like one thing after another...... I'm praying and hoping it won't take that long. I wrote 5 letters last week to keep him motivated and going but I'm hoping I get a letter tomorrow this really hurts but just got to keep hopeful..... I'll let you know if I hear anything!
The Following User Says Thank You to nmc0326 For This Useful Post:
RubyRed77 (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 07:36 PM

Hey! Does anyone have an update regarding the Herlong lockdown?

ofcourse any info will greatly appreciated.

Thank you all
Old 08-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Go Niners!

Nothing they're still on lockdown..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenamay View Post
Hey! Does anyone have an update regarding the Herlong lockdown?

ofcourse any info will greatly appreciated.

Thank you all
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 PM

Anyone heard anything about what happened at herlong? Any word on how long lockdown might last?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 PM

Anything new I meant
Old 08-15-2014, 01:02 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama777 View Post
Anything new I meant

I received letters from my Love and he said they been hearing for a month is the least they'll be on and it's been since the 27th we've been waitin for them so let's keep going. He really didn't say what happened though.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:17 PM

Ok, thanks for the update!
We'll keep in touch
Old 08-17-2014, 05:38 PM

my son is there and I received a letter and he said another month for helong.... I sent him some books off of amazon.com.......that helps alot.....and lots of letters...
Old 08-17-2014, 05:48 PM

my son is in there and in his letter said maybe another month but they are going to let them buy stamps next week.....and to send him more books....
Old 08-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Go Niners!

My husband bought stamps last week, the Tv's have been turned on as well, still not out of their cells but that's some progress...the commissary list is very limited, only envelopes-paper-stamps-batteries and I might be missing something else but that's about it. It might be another month, but definitely a whole month lockdown for sure. I miss my love so so much I'm going to order books tonight..
Old 08-17-2014, 09:39 PM

Must be nice!!! I haven't gotten so much as a note! I sent money too, I was thinking maybe they couldn't get stamps or something, guess not, jerk.
We were in a bad spot when they locked down though, guess he's still mad......
Old 08-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Go Niners!

Ugh! That sucks that you both were in a bad spot before LD. But I know they were able to ORDER commissary finally last week and then I believe it'll come in this coming week...this whole lockdown for going on a month sucks all the around no matter what :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama777 View Post
Must be nice!!! I haven't gotten so much as a note! I sent money too, I was thinking maybe they couldn't get stamps or something, guess not, jerk.
We were in a bad spot when they locked down though, guess he's still mad......