Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydollyguero View Post
I went to see my man at fci herlong on the fourth. He called me as soon as I left the visit and told me he would call me at 9. That was nine days ago I haven't heard from him since. We did get in trouble a few times for to much contact, so it made me think maybe he went to the hole, when I called the prison to ask if he was in trouble they told me even when they are in the hole they can still call, but never specified whether he was in there or not. I called his sister she said he hasn't called her either, and she said if their in the hole they cant call. Any ideas as to whats going on? I'm really worried!
Thanks for you responses he did get in trouble for to much contact he was put in the hole for two weeks, visits cancelled for a year and mine were terminated indefinitely. Its not worth it ladies!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unverified View Post
there was a fight and herlong is in lockdown.
He didn't give any more information
Old 07-17-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
He didn't give any more information
No, sorry. If I find out anything else I will post here.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:13 PM

I wonder how long it will last? I miss my husband!! I heard from his early Thursday morning on the email and that was it! His minutes start back on Tuesday I hope it'll be lifted by then..
Old 07-17-2011, 01:50 PM

The last time I heard from my man was Thursday morning also. If anyone hears anything please post.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:37 PM

Default Sac

I am just outside of Sac. I work in Elk Grove, CA, live in Sac County.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:53 PM

I foun this website that states why they are on lockdown but jst like last summer its about race i hope it doesn't last long either
http://www.cpl33.info/id29.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waitin4reggie For This Useful Post:
Chi_angel (07-29-2011), gachristy (07-19-2011)
Old 07-17-2011, 08:54 PM

No word. Feels like forever..I know it has only been since Thursday...but the days are dragging. Hopefully it will lift soon. With them increasing the population and splitting the yard, we are going to have to start getting use to this. Looks like it will be getting worse, before it gets better....

Last edited by annabellaboese; 07-17-2011 at 08:56 PM..
Old 07-18-2011, 12:27 AM

Yeah, I hear its been alot of newcomers. I was there for Father's Day weekend and on Father's Day my hubby called me as we were pulling in the parking lot saying there had been a fight! My homegirl and I sat in the parking lot for like an hour until they actually let us in to visit..I was thankful nonetheless because Herlong is not down the street and I live in Oakland! I hope they get off lock down soon this is not the BUSINESS!!

Last edited by JasonES; 07-18-2011 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: WORD REPEAT
Old 07-18-2011, 02:32 AM

Default FCI Herlong lockdown

My husband leaves that place in 2wks and it is gettin worse in there...fight on yard and lockdown again havent talked to him since thursday around 11am
Old 07-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Well this time the fight was between the Mexicans and the Blacks. The Mexicans wanted the tables the Blacks had and they weren't going to give them up...this was the info I got last week before the fight even took place. I already knew it was coming...my guy sent me an email as he was on his way to see what was going on...I sure hope he stayed on the sideline..he's got less than 90days to go before he's outta there and any little write up/fight, etc. and he's not coming home when he's supposed to.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:27 PM

Wow that sucks about your visits..terminated indefinitely is a bit harsh. They are VERY strict there. I almost done even wanna hug and kiss at the beginning and end...there's a female CO who works visiting that is just waaaay over the top with everything. She tried to write us up once because it "appeared" that he rubbed up against me...they supposedly had us on tape...it's crazy..makes me not even want to go back.
Quote:
Thanks for you responses he did get in trouble for to much contact he was put in the hole for two weeks, visits cancelled for a year and mine were terminated indefinitely. Its not worth it ladies!!!!

Old 07-18-2011, 05:29 PM

Default Lockdown

The Blacks and Mexicans were fighting over tables this time...The blacks didn't want to give up their tables and so it went down from there. My guy told me last week before it happened that it was about to go down...apparently the blacks were told to give up the tables or come outside after lunch...guess they went outside after lunch I have no idea how long this lockdown is going to last. Hopefully we all hear something soon.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGnGIFTED View Post
Wow that sucks about your visits..terminated indefinitely is a bit harsh. They are VERY strict there. I almost done even wanna hug and kiss at the beginning and end...there's a female CO who works visiting that is just waaaay over the top with everything. She tried to write us up once because it "appeared" that he rubbed up against me...they supposedly had us on tape...it's crazy..makes me not even want to go back.
They did catch us on tape but I think I know exactly what female co your talking about. She kept a close eye on us the whole time. It really sucks that I can't see my man anymore, but he talked to the chief and he said to come talk to him in a year and they might let me come again. At least he only has 18 more months.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:19 PM

Unhappy

Wish this lock down was over already!!! I miss his voice!!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM

Babydoll, i know what you mean, i got approved and haven't had the chance to see him yet... reading the post i know not to touch him, just look and starve.... sorry about the visits being termed but glad she only has a short time to go... anyone going when the lock down is over. live in sac and willing to split the cost.... miss my boo too..
Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 PM

Thank you "young&gifted" I had no idea what was goin' on. I hope my hubby stayed in his own lane too!!! Shakin my head! Theyre all locked up so whats the point in fighting to make your time longer? Makes no sense..
Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 AM

Well Ladies they just posted updated info cpl33.info
At approximately 12:20p.m., on July 14, 2011 approximately 100 inmates of 2 different races squared off against each other on the recreation yard. After approximately 5 minutes of tension, the inmates laid down and submitted to hand restraints. FCI Herlong was placed on lock down status pending mass interviews.
Looks like our men are going to be on lock down for a minute, especially if they're conducting MASS INTERVIEWS....Doesn't sound good.

Last edited by Lozano619; 07-19-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 AM

Oh goodness! Thanks Lozano619..I really hate this! Not knowing the status of my baby..This has got to be over soon!! Does anyone know if they still can get mail? I sent a card and letter the other day after getting a card from him that he sent the day this mess happened.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Yes, they can still get mail while on lockdown and they can send it out too. Last time they rioted over a t.v. and this time a table...wonder what it will be next time ....it's the nature of the beast, but damn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonES View Post
Oh goodness! Thanks Lozano619..I really hate this! Not knowing the status of my baby..This has got to be over soon!! Does anyone know if they still can get mail? I sent a card and letter the other day after getting a card from him that he sent the day this mess happened.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:59 AM

Thank you all for your info.... i was wondering why he did not call... Last Thursday was the last day i heard from my honey as well, Well ladies we are all on this ride together.. only heaven knows about these facilities... Hang in there and pray daily..
Old 07-19-2011, 02:06 PM

Young&gifted and Al'sFrstldy: I appreciate the feedback! Lets PRAY for the best for our men! I really need this to end like yesterday! My stepsons birthday was last week and he was supposed to visit his father, but of course he couldnt because of the lockdown, shaking my head...Take care ladies and if I hear anything I'll post pronto!!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:19 PM
gachristy

Default Herlong lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonES View Post
I wonder how long it will last? I miss my husband!! I heard from his early Thursday morning on the email and that was it! His minutes start back on Tuesday I hope it'll be lifted by then..

I called Herlong this morning as I hadn't heard from my husband either since Thursday morning by email, the guard said that he wasn't sure how long, but they are looking at possibly being locked down until NEXT WEEK!!!! Crazy!!! Those emails and phone calls are sooo needed! Does this happen often at Herlong? My husband has only been there since May. Do you know anyway to get cheaper calls? I know that it's cheaper for them to pay for it, we do that, but I have a friend that gets local collect (.90 a call) which we did when he was at Seatac Detention Center by changing my cell phone to that area code...I tried doing that with Herlong...still 3.60 a call...any ideas? I know it's not THAT bad, but everything adds up! It's nice to talk to someone who has someone at Herlong!!!

Thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 05:36 PM

Default Herlong lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unverified View Post
My hub told me that there was a fight.
Yeah havent heard anything from my hubby either ever since thursday
no phone call and no email
Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 PM

Expect it to get worse before it gets better. There plans to split the yard, and increase the inmate poplation, is going to be a nightmare. Better buckle up for a long road ahead, unless something changes.