Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:20 PM

Exclamation They stopped giving him my letters...TDCJ

Recently he got into it with a CO and consequently assaulted that CO. Ever since that happened they haven't been giving him my letters (2 months). He receives letters from other people but none of mine. I have not received any of my letters back and when I have called the mail room they act like they don't know what i'm talking about. It's been both jpay and snail mail letters. He keeps writing me letters upset because he thinks I have forgotten about him but thats not the case. Anyone else ever experience something similar???

***no need for comments saying maybe he is lying and he is receiving them bla bla...that's not the case because hes had people come looking for me to ask me what the hell is up with not writing him***

Last edited by iluvcoffee; 04-04-2010 at 01:22 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Mostly Shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcoffee View Post
***no need for comments saying maybe he is lying and he is receiving them bla bla...that's not the case because hes had people come looking for me to ask me what the hell is up with not writing him***
No worries, I don't think you have mail room employees posting in this forum
The situation sucks. Can you visit him? Is this how you found out? I would send some letters return receipt requested, then confirm he is not receiving them. Then contact the mail systems administrator in Huntsville and the Ombudsman. At the same time get a message to him to file a grievance and let the Ombudsman know when he is filing it (they tend to disappear when guards are mad). Check back with both offices often. Be persistent.
That's really the only answer I can give you. Good luck!
"These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of anyone else. All comments are based upon my current knowledge and my own personal experiences"

The Following User Says Thank You to ShoesHappen For This Useful Post:
Onaicult (04-04-2010)
Old 04-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Love will get us threw it

I am sorry for what is happening and I totally believe you because there are some shady people working for TDCJ who do things like that to these guys for extra punishment to them. I absolutely agree with Rad, that was excellent advise. keep us informed on what happens. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Texas and Ohio
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcoffee View Post
...jpay and snail mail letters.
JPay letters are saved on their website. I would print all of them out from there as they also have a tracking number. I would send him a whole set of them priority mail. I would do a cover sheet stating something like "Here are the letters that I have sent via JPay". Again make sure you keep a copy.

Snail mail letters. I would suggest that you keep a copy of each one you write. What has helped me is to number each letter so that you know which ones are missing.

If you send registered do the following: Get the receipt number and write it on the actual letter. I would also try priority mail with delivery confirmation receipt.

Then if you do decide to do contact anyone regarding him not receiving mail, you will already have your proof.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:16 PM

Default Tina Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysgirl View Post
I am sorry for what is happening and I totally believe you because there are some shady people working for TDCJ who do things like that to these guys for extra punishment to them. I absolutely agree with Rad, that was excellent advise. keep us informed on what happens. Good luck.
Wonderful! Glad you are perking down your way. I kinda know ya....sort of....I recognize the "buzzard" circling overhead. Although my side kick says "no grandma, that's an EAGLE. I am positively certain I kinda know Cowboy sort of. Would love hearing from you...BUT I am new to this scene of posting online etc. Do you chat room or is that what it is called? I have questions for ya and some small info...about that tall guy...all good. I will know soon if I contact little grandson. Tina you made my day by posting your comment. I totally agree with you and Rad.

jj
Old 06-29-2010, 02:57 AM

I say that c.o is doing that intentionally to piss him off cause he knows that's the one person he really has in his corner and on his team..this is just my opinion.sry that's happening hope it gets worked out in your favor and he understands..
Old 03-28-2011, 06:37 PM

It kinda sucks when mail going to a loved one in prison gets hold up. It is happening to me. I write him mostly every day, but a pal from from in there tells me he hasn't received all my letters. Also, when i do get his letters he writes that he hasn't received my letters. I'm like what? But, I'm glad someone posted filing a grievence report. I got his back, and it sucks that the people in the system play mind games:/ I will continue to write him.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 PM

I am going through the same, thing, they play games with the mail at their own discretion, I am not sure why, but we are one week off, I would call the mail room and they generally tell me some crap about them letter being reviewed for 48 hrs, then back to the mail room to be mailed off, go figure!!!