Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Old 04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Closed

Default They are giving too much medication

Hi my son is in California Correctional Institution and I spoke with him this weekend he sounds really druged up. I meet some one on prison talk the person's son knows my son and says he kind of doped up. Hiw do I get help for my son who know's what can happen to my son. Who knows what can happen to my son. I need some help.

Thanks
Elizabeth
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Donation Award 

Does your son have a medical condition that is requiring medication? If so, does the medication make his drowsy or "doped up"? Do you have a HIPAA release signed by you and your son? In order for the facility to release any information to you they may require this form. You can contact the medical directory at the facility, his counselor and/or the warden/superintendent.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:31 AM
grateful for my Man!
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,611 Posts

what medication does your son get. and my question is, can it be he is also getting drugs. I dont mean to offend anybody, but drugs ARE in prison and so is alcohol. with some medication and interaction can happen and as the alcohol they make is strong, this could have an effect.....
once you know all these things, you can do the next step and ask more precise.
it IS truth they give often to much medication.... this happened to my Man as well, or real wrong medication with serious side effect: but in all this clearness is what you need....
and most of all ask your son how HE feels!
Old 07-05-2008, 02:56 AM

Default overdrugged

my man was put on anxiety meds after he jumped a guy. these weren't your typical "relaxer" pills though they made him sound like a doped up 3 year old. It actually made me cry to try to talk to him. He realized how bad it was and asked to stop taking them. Since then he is back to my articulate caring love. He had to make the choice though - I know that they helped him sleep and pass time sleeping.... so talk to him about it if you can. You are right though that they can sound doped up and over medicated. It honestly scared me. He couldn't enunciate clearly and couldn't respond to my questions. I am so much happier since he stopped taking them.