Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:58 AM

Smile USP--Lewisburg

Just thought we should start a thread for those of us with connections to Lewisburg's Camp. Sharing news as we find out about it. Welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to ctmom For This Useful Post:
kdriver (06-09-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2006, 06:36 PM
UNBREAKABLE
Donation Award 

Hi,

I'm looking for some info on Lewisburg Camp. My nephew was just transferred there from Brookly MDC. Any info regarding the facility would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2006, 07:58 PM

Hi all

my fiancee will be self surrendering to lewisburg on monday and I would very much appreciate any info anyone can give me..thanks so much
Old 11-04-2006, 07:53 PM

It is on a hill surrounded by fields. The penitentary is at the top of the hill, the camp to the left of the pen. It's comprised of 5 buildings. 2 "L" shaped dorms each 2 stories. The "L's" are called "ranges." The cubicles were designed for 1 man each - they are about 7X9' cinderblock walls about 6' high. There are 3 men to a cube - a bunk bed and another bed along the adjoining wall. 1 small desk and 3 lockers. At the crook of the "L" is a room with a microwave. There are private showers (curtains, I guess) maybe like 3 to a range. There's another building that houses the guard's 'bubble' along with the visiting room - which is used by inmates for watching tv/movies when there's no visiting, and the cafeteria, maybe the commissary, medical offices, administrative offices and laundry. My son can do his own laundry - I guess there are machines available. If an inmate sends their stuff to the laundry, I think it gets put in a mesh bag and washed and dried in that.
Meals are at something like 6:30, 10:30 and 4:30. The food is not great. The CO's (correctional officers) are ok. But they spend 6 months or so at the penitentary and then 6 mos at the camp. I guess they're pretty awful when they move down to the camp. I think they forget they're in a minimum security facility.
There are counts throughout the day and night (flashlight in the face sometimes....)
Commissary is once a week. Limits on what you can buy.
Bags of makerel is the current currency.
Lots of inmates from D.C., and environs.
Something like 85% minority.
Mostly non-violent drug offenders, and guys who've got long sentences and have worked their way down to minimum security.
RDAP on site. (in another building)
Big gym (they used to have the boot camp program, but that's closed - the gym, with equipment that is gradually wearing out)
No perimeter fence - just signs that say 'out of bounds'
guys work on the grounds, some are bussed to Allenwood about 20 miles away.
Work is easy since there are so many inmates.
They wear khaki colored clothing.
That's all I know (through my son who's been there about a month and a half) I hope I have things mostly right.
They have Starz on tv (movies at night, I think)
There are inmates that cut hair, do physical training classes.
The Following User Says Thank You to ctmom For This Useful Post:
Minor activist (10-26-2016)
Old 11-05-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Visiting schedule

see attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06 visit.jpg (164.4 KB, 129 views)
Old 02-21-2007, 12:24 AM

Just found this site. My brother will self surrender day 2/22/07. Just found out this afternoon (2/20). Thought we'd have more time. He was told he will be sent to Lewisburg. His was not a violent or drug related crime. We are assuming he will be going to the camp. From what I am reading it sounds like he will be somewhere else first for processing. Could someone explain this to me. Does it mean he will need to go the penitentary first? I can not imagine he would be in a max. sec prison. Very anxious for any and all information, can he bring anything other than the money, religious book, glasses that I have read about here. Can he bring an address paper or can/should he tape it onto front cover of Bible? Is that allowed? Thank you in advance. I seemed to be a bit calmer since reading here and seeing how everyone is surviving and succeeding in coping. My prayers are with you all and please pray for us. Blessings. Coco2
Old 02-22-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Lewisburg Camp drop off today

Well, I dropped my brother off today. It went as well as could be expected. We both went in the main door where he showed them ID (Driver Liscene) and they let him keep watch, bible and a small plastic rosary. They asked me to wait for his clothes. We said good bye and off he went. The officer returned about 5 minutes later with his clothing. During that time I saw one man I assume was an inmate as he was in Kahki pants, walk in from outside and enter. Several officer/guards were in and out through the entrance and all were polite and said hello. I would say everyone we saw or spoke with was curteous and polite. The place looked clean and the visitor room is off to the left. There is a sign on the door that states if a visitor leaves for any reason the visit is terminated for that day. It is a large room, with stacking chairs and a few vending machines. That is all I could see from the window. There were not fences or gates or anything like that. It could almost be said it looks like a barracks. All in all a very hard day but with the grace of God it was better than I expected. We are viewing this as his first day toward freedom and forgiveness. Don't know how long until we hear from him but I hope it's soon. Reading these boards helped me so 2 nights ago when we found out he was going. It calmed my panic reading anything I could and getting as much knowledge as possible. And so I will post after hearing/visiting to return the favor. God Bless all of us. Coca2
Old 03-13-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco2
Well, I dropped my brother off today. It went as well as could be expected. We both went in the main door where he showed them ID (Driver Liscene) and they let him keep watch, bible and a small plastic rosary. They asked me to wait for his clothes. We said good bye and off he went. The officer returned about 5 minutes later with his clothing. During that time I saw one man I assume was an inmate as he was in Kahki pants, walk in from outside and enter. Several officer/guards were in and out through the entrance and all were polite and said hello. I would say everyone we saw or spoke with was curteous and polite. The place looked clean and the visitor room is off to the left. There is a sign on the door that states if a visitor leaves for any reason the visit is terminated for that day. It is a large room, with stacking chairs and a few vending machines. That is all I could see from the window. There were not fences or gates or anything like that. It could almost be said it looks like a barracks. All in all a very hard day but with the grace of God it was better than I expected. We are viewing this as his first day toward freedom and forgiveness. Don't know how long until we hear from him but I hope it's soon. Reading these boards helped me so 2 nights ago when we found out he was going. It calmed my panic reading anything I could and getting as much knowledge as possible. And so I will post after hearing/visiting to return the favor. God Bless all of us. Coca2
coco2,
My son was just transferred there yesterday. Thank you for the details of what you saw, etc. I have been worried sick and still am not 100 percent sure that he is in the camp and not the USP. My son's name is Derrick. He's about 6 feet 2 and weighs about 190 pounds. Brown hair, hazel eyes and will probably have long sideburns (he's white by the way). I don't know how often you speak with your husband but if he happens across Derrick and you could please just ask your husband to let him know we love him and will see him soon I hope. Not sure how long it will be before they let him call home. Thank you so very very much!!
Deborah
Old 03-15-2007, 05:54 PM

The COs found 4 cell phones in and around the RDAP compound. They've lost their tv & movie privaleges. I don't know if the camp has been affected, too.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 PM

Smile USP Lewisburg

Hi,

My BIL is getting transfered to Lewisburg as I type and we are going to visit him in Aug. I was wondering if anyone knew how the facility was and what to expect for visitaion.

How will he be treated in that prison?

TIA!
Old 06-09-2007, 03:16 PM
I Love my Baby....

Is he going to the camp or the Penn.? if he's going to the penn i can tell you ... when you go in you fill out visitation papers and give them in to the officer along with your id they call you up and give you a key for a locker if you need it. you go through the metal detector and then an officer takes you through 4 doors before you get into the visitation room. Once in the visitation room you sit down its a big and long room. there are snack machines and food and drink machines try to take change or single dollar bills because sometimes the change machine does not work the prisoners are allowed to help you carry the food back to the table but they cant pass a certain point before the machines there is a guard desk but it has the two way mirror thing so you really cant see them also they have cameras on the celling you can play cards, uno and they have a tv space for the kids with some books and stuff...

IT'S BEYOND LOVE:love: NOW....IT'S UNCONDITIONAL AND WILL NEVER DIE...AND THAT'S SOMETHING NO GOVERNMENT CAN GET IN BETWEEN!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Enlytee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2007, 03:49 PM

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:52 PM

Default USP lewisburg....

hi ya'll. im new to this!!!

i just wonderin if anyone had some info on USP Lewisburg. my man jus got transferred there and im lookin to talk to some one who knows about the camp part. as far as the phone and the minutes they are given each month and if we can add time to it!?!? if anyone knows anything i would appreciate the info!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM

Fed inmates are allowed 300 min a month, 400 in december. You can Western Union money to their accounts for them to use on what they want, including phone time.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 AM

thank you so much !! very helpful!!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:35 AM

Default USP Lewisburg

Hi does anybody have any information about USP lewisburg? How far from nyc? are there any buses that go there from nyc? My sons father was just transferred there from fci loretto, its been two years hes had visitation because loretto was so far from us, hopefully you can help us with some travel or any information on USP lewisburg, thanks!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Love Is All There Is...

My fiancee was transfered there today. If I find anything I'll send it your way.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Love Is All There Is...

The only info I could find was from the www.bop.gov

Old 11-03-2007, 11:01 AM

Hi there,
I've been there twice in the last two months. Its 3 hours from NYC and, if you enjoy long drives, the scenery is beautiful and its really not hard to get to but I do not know of any buses. If you go to the BOP website, they may have some local info regarding area organizations/churches that may offer buses from an area drop-off point. Also, try a google search, type in something like "prisoner family buses" and see what comes up. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. My son's father is in the USP Camp so I only know about that area and getting there by car. Visits in the camp are once a month, depending on their last name. We've gone on Saturdays where the visiting is from 8 am to 3 pm. Let me know if you have any other questions.

This is just one of the many websites you will come up with on google. fcn.network.org

Remember:
With Faith, Hope and Love...
anything is possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2007, 10:29 PM

Default usp lewisburgh

thank you all for replies. Unfortunately he is now in oklahoma ftc, who knows where they will send him next
Old 11-20-2007, 10:02 PM

Did You Ever Make It Out To Lewisberg To Visit Your Son's Father. My Husband Just Got Transferred From Oklahoma Over There Just Lastnight. Just Wondering If The Unit Itself Is Okay !! He's Waiting For A Space To Be Available In Loretto. I Personally Live In San Antonio, Texas And We Have No Idea Why They Sent Him Way Over There. Supposedly There Only Suppose To Send Inmates More Than 500 Miles From Home. I Haven't Heard From Him In Over 3 Wks And No One Will Tell Me Anything. All I Know Is He's In Shu, And I Don't Know Why !! If You Know Anything Will You Please Let Me Know.
Thanks,
Abby
Old 11-25-2007, 07:17 PM

Have You Heard Anything About The Usp In Lewisburg. I Havent Heard Back From You And I Was Just Wondering If You Had Any Information For Me And My Family. I Haven't Heard From Him And Im Getting A Bit Nervous. Please Get Back With Me At Your Convinence.
Thank You,
Old 11-25-2007, 07:27 PM

Well Hello,
My Husband Recently Got Sent There On Nov 19 And I Still Haven't Heard From Him. Im Really Worried. He Was In Beaumont Texas From The Start, And Then Before His 30 Days To Get Visitation They Transferred Him To Oklahoma For A Few Days And Now He's In Usp Lewisburg. So It Never Seems Like He's Going To Hit The 30 Day Period To Get His Visits. We Haven't Seen Or Spoken To Him In Over 2 Months. He Has Money And All But They Say He's In Shu. Don't Know Why Though. He Hasn't Gotton In Any Trouble Just Some Gang Reason. But If You Have Any Info I Would Appreciate It.
Thank You,
Old 11-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

Not sure what "30 days until visititation" means. He should request a visiting application be sent to you and you fill it out and send it back into his counselor. It doesn't always take 30 days to get approved. If he's in the SHU, then his phone time is very, very limited. Best thing is to write to him. He's only been there 7 days if he arrived on November 19th. So don't worry - things move a bit slowly in the BOP.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Love Is All There Is...

Lightbulb Lewisburg Lockdown

Peeps,

For anyone who has a loved one at Lewisburg USP. I just called to check on my fiancee who I had not heard from in 11 days and was informed that the facility had just been released from lockdown.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. SR Vasquez For This Useful Post:
Malia Lynn (05-06-2008)