Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Old 10-18-2006, 09:39 PM

Unhappy Inmate's required needed medication STOPPED! HELP!!!

My boyfriend is in prison and they took him off his medication, he is going down hill fast, and the effects will be irreversible! He has severe psoriosis and crippling arthritis. He is suppose to take methantraxate and an Enbrel shot weekly. Tucker has taken his Enbrel away, and it has been a few months. He is getting bad. Someone please help me. We just need Tucker prison, in Arkansas, to put him back on his medication. I have contact with my boyfriend’s Dr. and he can verify what he takes, and why he absolutely needs it. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2006, 07:29 PM

I would go to your DOC website and find out who is in charge of medical and call them. I did for my man when he was having health care issues. Don't be surprised if they transfer him though. They transfered my man shortly after I called. He had medical where he was but they transfered him to a higher level facility but this one has 24 hour medical. I never said who I was just that I was calling about (insert name) inmate number, and that I was very concerned because (insert issues here) That should at least get the ball rolling for him. When they know someone on the outside is watching they seem to move faster. I was very professional and to the point.
Loving my papi chulo club #69
Old 10-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Just Waiting!!!!

I hope everything works out for you guys. I will keep you both in my prayers. Keep us updated and let us know what is going on.

He's Been Home 7 1/2 Months

Old 10-28-2006, 10:37 PM

SORRY 2 HEAR
ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND.MY HUSBAND WENT IN WITH THREE NECK SURGERIES ONE AS EARLY AS A FEW MONTHS OF THE DAY HE SURRENDERED.HE ALSO HAS OTHER MEDICAL ISSUES . HE TAKES AT LEAST 17 DIFFERENT MEDS FOR COUNTLESS ISSUES BESIDES HIS NECK SURGERIES.HE WENT INTO THE PRISON WITH ALL HIS MEDICAL RECORDS SO THAT THEY WOULD BE PREPARD AND THEY SAID THEY COULD HANDLE THIS.HE WAS ALSO PUT ON RESTRICTION FROM WORKING BUT THEY HAVE NOT ABIDDED BY THIS.WELL THEY HAVE STOP ALL HIS PAIN MEDS AND ALSO WORKED NOW HE HAS GOTTEN HURT.HE FEELING TINGLING IN HIS ARMS,LEGS, HAND, LOWER BUTTOCKS ETC.HES AFRAID TO SAY ANYTHING FOR FEAR OF GOING TO THE HOLD.BUT IS ALSO AFRAID TO BECOMEIG PARALIZIED HIS DOCTORS REQUESTED THAT HE HAVE TIME TO HEAL BECAUSE OF THE DANGER OF PARALISES BUT THAT DIDNT MATTER HE HAD TO SURRENDER EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDNT HAVE A BED ROCHESTER WHICH WAS RECOMMENDED BY THE JUDGE(JUS FOUND OUT JUDGE NEVER EVEN REQUESTED ROCHESTER)WHAT CAN I DO