Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Kentucky.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:10 PM

Default Which KY prisons have SOTP?

I know there are currently only 3 facilities that have the SOTP. One is North Point, another is Luther Luckett. What is the 3rd one?? I thought KSP, and it does say that they have it online, but I thought KSP was in La Grange also, but it isn't, it is Eddyville. Apparently KSR (ky state reformatory) is in La Grange. They also say they have it. I'm trying to figure out where my dad may be going.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2018, 08:49 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,796 Times in 15,557 Posts

According to THIS DOC page, 4 facilities have SOTP, but they only talk about Luther Luckett I had thought Little Sandy had SOTP, but I didn't see it listed on LSCC's page.
FYI: The DOC pages are someties (many times) not updated when programs change

EDIT: the page I linked above also states: Be within three years of eligibility to meet with the Parole Board when applying for SOTP.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 12-09-2018 at 08:51 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Kpowell1227 (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 09:04 PM

Thank you! I have a contact at one of the facilities so, hoping they will email me back to confirm whice 3 is correct. I remember her telling me only 3 did it. He is within the 3 years now, so he is applying for the program now at Roederer assessment center. I believe KSR is the 3rd one, from the description she gave me. And I believe that is where they are talking about sending him. Do you have any information about KSR or Luckett?
Old 12-10-2018, 12:13 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,796 Times in 15,557 Posts

KSR used to be the medical facility, I'm guessing that it still is, though I'm not positive. Its an old prison, 3rd oldest in the state. About this time last year 800 inmates were from there to ease the overcrowding - funny thing, there aren't many details when I do a search. Seems I read / heard that the inmates were moved because the place is falling down

KY DOC's webpage for KSR does list SOTP, they also have a hospice program, among others:

https://corrections.ky.gov/Facilitie...eprograms.aspx

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-10-2018, 06:14 AM

[quote=patchouli;7755232]KSR used to be the medical facility, I'm guessing that it still is, though I'm not positive. Its an old prison, 3rd oldest in the state. About this time last year 800 inmates were from there to ease the overcrowding - funny thing, there aren't many details when I do a search. Seems I read / heard that the inmates were moved because the place is falling down

[color=Indigo]KY DOC's webpage for KSR does list SOTP, they also have a hospice program

Thanks for responding! Yeah, I have read the DOC page, and I do remember my contact saying it was more of a facility for inmates with medical issues, psychological issues etc. I remember her saying that they usually do not have a wait list for SOTP there, and Luther usually has approximately 6 month wait list, and North Point a year or more.

I also read that KSR has a program where low risk inmates can work the grounds, farm etc, and they are housed separately from general population. If he could get into something where he could work doing basically anything, that would help. He can't stand sitting still. He is a workohalic and it's driving him insane just sitting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kpowell1227 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,810 Times in 2,913 Posts

Most of KSR has been condemned so a lot of the dorms have closed. Mostly it's just Medical and CPTU that are there.

Please take a word of advice and stop. I know you believe in your heart you are helping but they won't see it that way. No one will tell you where he'll go for sure, they won't even tell him until he's on his way there. It's a safety/security issue. Also, just because he's within the 3 years like DOC suggests, well, frankly he just got there. He may be put on a waiting list but the won't go directly into SOTP. DOC just doesn't work that way. They could just move him as far away from home as possible simply because you are asking questions.

Often times calls from family members cause DOC to be harder than necessary on an inmate. After all, they see our loved ones as their 'property' and we are nothing. Please just be careful and stop overstepping. He'll already have it a little harder in there if anyone finds out his charges, please don't make it harder on him because you are trying to help steer his path.