Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

View Poll Results: Are you still going strong/happy/content/doing well with your MWI?
No! He was a jerk. I am so over him. (or her) 5 6.76%
He was nothing but a no good piece of ---- NOT WORTH MY TIME... 9 12.16%
YES. No stress/No drama. We're engaged! (or planning on taking it further.) 47 63.51%
Other... (Please post below ...thank you...) 15 20.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2018, 07:50 PM

Smile I've gotten much closer over six months with my new MWI who is so awesome!!

Smart move on mi end(many should remember what happened) i made such a smart move, when i dumped the ex-factor, and have not even at all thought about "going backwards.Not at all." I hope all are ok tonight.
the ex is no longer in my life, screwing up as predicted so bad (without me) and i am moving on and happy, thanks to the help also of my friend, mwi. . .

I am just saying hola. Hi to all PTO'ers.Thanks for being here for me when i needed it and i STILL support meeting by method of M.W.I., i still do and i am happy for those who are going strong/making it work, and those who are meant to be, with such MWI, i pray for you to continue to be happy in life.

Those who follow me, sent pm's i still remember you and letting you ALL know i am OK. Things are different now for me and i am so happy again as i was at the time (my threads said what happen to me back in 2017 and january 2018.)I am good! Real good. Things are wonderful, and by keeping busy and also having my MWI amigo, things are just great for me on this new journey and i look forward to seeing where we can feasibly go.(So far so good.)I stay realistic and i have ZERO expectations as this is no fairytale and i also look for bright red signs, and if i see any i am out. But right now, So far so good with mi amigo, who i will refer to here as mi g-man.(Stand for gangsta,good heart he has, and gorgeous)even if he does not see himself as beautiful. i do lol
gangsta he is sure...in chi-town/illinois area,of chicago,all of his life.

But, as he say is his "past now."Time will tell. I see him as that and GOOD(deep down inside)if he only can sustain planning for a better life/future and get out of his old environment(his words not mine)but he know i 100% agree.) Just updating and letting you know that i am happy to be getting to know,
for a while now, almost 1/2 of year or so and more "serious now" regarding our "friendship" and more "officially serious" for i'd say the past few months though and i am being careful and just "enjoying my MWI for now this year, to see how this all goes as he is also in between preparing for a trial and already sent me ALL involving his case, and voluntarily wanted me to see it/read it/learn about what he was charged with and not "hide it" et.al., so that's good, and i know he had a PUBLIC PRETENDER (public defender who did NADA) nothing for him, just wanted him to RUSH plead guilty.he did not."Now, a "real lawyer" as he has never had a REAL attorney, is on the case. So fingers-cross he beat the wrap/NO EVIDENCE helps and importantly "no weapon was even located ever."No fingertips NADA.

PTO.
I just want to say this before i end this new thread this summer:

What i am learning by taking it extra-slow, a slow-burn friendship and feasible "relationship"is that there is no time ONE SHOULD WASTE if you're not happy. Always know there is a man out there, or woman who will make you smile again, after the dark clouds have left but do NOT settle. Be careful. Watch all signs."

Always
know en tu corazon(in your heart) + mind not all MWI et.al., men are out to hurt you/and or game you. Just don't rush it. I sure as hell am not and he is a nice young man, so far so good for us...Keepin' at non-rush and friends is what is best, starting slowly but surely...We are both smiling more and it is nice." NO STRESS/NO DRAMA is our objective/our goal here this year.

Good luck to all MWI's... adios. g-nite.hugs and blessings."

Last edited by a.rare.love; 06-15-2018 at 07:58 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
BearsLadyBear (06-23-2018), Shelby67 (06-16-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2018, 08:50 PM

Thanked 2,756 Times in 957 Posts

I’m glad to see you are happy. I’m a little surprised that you are involved in another MWI relationship after what you went through with your former MWI. You have such a positive outlook that it makes me a bit sad that you jumped right back into a relationship with an inmate. I hope things work out for you this time.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own”
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AndyS For This Useful Post:
Classygyrl10 (06-18-2018), Grolarbear (06-19-2018), MizzyMuffling (06-15-2018), nancyginnm (06-17-2018), Sarianna (06-16-2018), xolady (06-16-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 11:22 PM

Hope this new relationship works out for you.

Good luck!

Last edited by uRmylife; 06-15-2018 at 11:30 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uRmylife For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (06-29-2018), AndyS (06-16-2018), BearsLadyBear (06-23-2018), Sarianna (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 06:23 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,505 Times in 4,007 Posts

I hope your new relationship is a happier experience for you.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
AndyS (06-16-2018), FaithfullyIn<3 (06-19-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 07:38 AM

Thanked 3,430 Times in 1,086 Posts

You have a big heart and I too am concerned that you may have jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Best of luck to you.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:22 AM

Thank you for updating us. I am so glad to hear you have met someone new and moved on. Slow burn is very good, you know he red flags and have learned a lot from your ex’s bad behavior! I knew my boyfriend was for real because he never professed any promises, never even told me he loved me until he got out. We had a deep caring friendship and got to know each other. That slow burn love is why we are still together almost a year after release. We have had issues, setbacks etc but that friendship and caring is what keeps us communicating and working through issues as they come. Enjoy your new friend and build intimacy if you want. We have good men locked up due to over sentencing and mandatory sentencing that are in our prisons I’m glad you didn’t judge them all by your ex. Your ex isn’t how he is because he is in prison he is just a bad Apple and those are out here too. Good luck you have a good heart, keep it safe
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
BearsLadyBear (06-25-2018), LynnrussT (06-17-2018), QueenJameelah (07-01-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 06:28 AM
loving my life

We are still talking once a week. And letters but we arent together yet. We have talked about it
a.rare.love (06-25-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 08:38 AM

Thanked 1,005 Times in 568 Posts

I'm pleased you have moved on and with another MWI I don't know if I could this again I think you are very brave. I think I was lucky with mine - we've been together 5 and a half years and married for almost 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
maytayah (06-19-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 10:29 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,624 Posts

Right back on the horse, that's great - even though personally I would've chosen a non-prison horse after that experience, but whatever rocks your boat! Good luck!
Fridyrr.Likn (06-25-2018), maytayah (06-19-2018), S.Barnett (06-19-2018), WeepingWillow (06-18-2018), xolady (06-25-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator on Leave

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,320 Times in 1,173 Posts

I’m happy you’re happy and healing from your last relationship, my dear.

I’m also a little surprised that you’re back on the MWI wagon (with your sunshine my personality I KNOW you must be hugely popular with guys out here in the free world!), but if he makes you happy, I’m happy for ya.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 AM

I’m glad to hear that you’ve moved on and doing well ❣️

If writing to another inmate makes you happy then I don’t see an issue as long as you are careful and make sure to protect your heart & listen to your gut!

I’m still heartbroken over my MWI right now so it’s nice to see a post showing that you can be happy again after things don’t work out with your MWI.

All the best in this new relationship, do what makes you happy!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silversprings For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (06-25-2018), BearsLadyBear (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermonkeyx3 View Post
We are still talking once a week. And letters but we arent together yet. We have talked about it

great to here y' hola chica, hi spider monkey x3.

take it slow, i call it a slow-burn relationship and or a especiale'(special) type of slow-burn frienship. i don't want any quickie- te amo.(i love u's at all!) even if know he i um "feelin' it he says premised on how i am in life, and how i live, and he never met any 1 like me, who truly "care"and or show him amor." (love shown by just being here for him/talking with him et.al., caring about his entire case/showing him he can be a BETTER man in society et.al., after so much tragic events.)A VERY sad life.
He has had such an extreme sad life he has had and i am here for him, but NOT rushing to hear the um BIG "L"word."However if he say it lol i shall welcome it,because we are getting pretty tight,but i do not want to rush anything,i can't after lil over 4 and a 1/2 years of focusing on a guy not worth it,and still PRANKING/calling me smdh, i just want to be "sure" this time around it is going to be different by taking it all quite slow et.al., and so far we are doing just that!

pto:thanks again.

I am still goin to be here at times 100% in FULL fledge support of MWI, predicated upon you're never knowing' unless you TRY if he or she is the "1" and or just a special bond/friend even being created, that brighten one's day, night, or life in general, and that goes both ways, so good luck to you, and yours incarcerated. I always said even prior over here,"Que sera..." Sera ... (what will be shall be) with GOD leading the way...

hugs and blessings.adios.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 06-25-2018 at 10:28 AM..
Old 06-25-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversprings View Post
I’m glad to hear that you’ve moved on and doing well ❣️

If writing to another inmate makes you happy then I don’t see an issue as long as you are careful and make sure to protect your heart & listen to your gut!

I’m still heartbroken over my MWI right now so it’s nice to see a post showing that you can be happy again after things don’t work out with your MWI.

All the best in this new relationship, do what makes you happy!

Aw.... that's awesome, chica, hola. glad i was able to make you feel good inside reading that and i wish you so much in your life silver, and yes, that is why i return to pto often,and i've told mi self and a friend i have to go and post update for others to see you're able to yes! (not remain sad, + or heartbroken)and when thd dark cloud of one relation has ended, at NO FAULT of yours, you're going to be ok and happy again. It just take time for some.For me? Didn't take too long. I REFUSE to let some dude keep me from enjoying mi vida bien(my good life) life is too special to be sad/waste a day or night on tears for a man who just don't get it, and does not respect the tru-blessing he received.So i was able to do me and stay happy through it all.

Don't remain/stay heartbroken.

Life is so short, chica, all ages, we can go at "any minute."a young child was just found sadly is now rip et.al., to much older people that life is really short ..

We all can go any second,so enjoy your life,do not remain sad/heartbroken please.. Just move on as best you can and GOD shall eventually bless us all ,(ALL who are genuine good people in life.) If you didn't follow my long story here for years, I was the one who called it off/realizing he was not going to change,but i did truly love him and he still want me back/calling /pranking me etc.al., and he was just not able to leave the "drug use even months before getting out of prison alone"and illegal phone in hwh and drug use in there just was not going to cut it with me, chica...I know when to cut loose/and or when to say adios and not look back and i posted freely here on it, but i did not rush to give up on him,because mi FAITH in the lord did not allow me and i am so much happier though with just writing mi books, author,recording spanish and american pop songs,running mi motivating/consulting biz, doing the law school adventure school thing soon enough while also now getting to know some 1 in prison, again, but i also have a friend from out here, in prison, but we are just friends(for 2 yrs) he be out december, a close IL friend of mine, but THIS guy i am referring to is a man i met via MWI, but not on a pen pal inmate site..."[b][color="Red"]

My ex-factor (after giving him years) of mi life, still want me back. Been pushed him away for good, when i realize my worth/my dignity/all i have to offer in life and accomplishing with a man or not..I am good. God has my back and i know i am one day going to be blessed with someone as "real"and as loyal and mature and great as me, so we can ride through this life together, and be happy whether we connect, in the street or while he is MWI. SILVER, good luck and god bless you, and PTO members who have met while incarcerated." Be happy either way because LIFE is way too short not to be... Adios ... Hugs -n- Blessings.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 06-25-2018 at 10:51 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
BearsLadyBear (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 10:48 AM

Hi Rare....

I support you 100 percent.
As long as my girl is happy I'm happy. This is your life. I want you to do what makes you happy. Whether its with a guy inside or outside this is your choice.

I feel you smiling over here.. Lol wink wink.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow View Post
I’m happy you’re happy and healing from your last relationship, my dear.

I’m also a little surprised that you’re back on the MWI wagon (with your sunshine my personality I KNOW you must be hugely popular with guys out here in the free world!), but if he makes you happy, I’m happy for ya.

hi chica,
oh yes. If it was a moving/laughter type of emoticon here i would utilize today on mi day off 10 of em lol but yes, i am mwi, again and not going to let 1 undermine it for the rest lol I like him. But not going to at all again let it go too fast. I am examining it and if i see red flags, i am saying ADIOS and will still continue to keep having a nice God-blessing healthy life."

I see some here who gave up on mwi.i don't know but i am not. I feel it might be something nice, one day out of it,and not expecting anything but so far close friend level i call it, even if he is all set to say the AMOR(the L word) and i love to smile either way , so i was doing so even without being with a guy for now since i ended the long term relation/engagement as you know, like back in jan.2018.No regrets. I have gotten to know this guy and still we are continually doing so, and i will see how it go, but also have a friend i knew OUT HERE who went back in, did time, came out, went back now coming out again in dec. but we are just friends for years and i know he love me, but i am not into him like that.

-

I have been living well still, full life, full steam ahead, of happiness since ending the 4 yrs long relation/engagement to the ex.

With G-man, so far so good .. We (so far)have both connected really well.
(again SO FAR)so time will tell chica. Taking it slow-burn this year, so far no complaints, and will keep those who care posted as always! hugs to u and blessings adios.

Thanks for your post chica....hugs and blessings.adios.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 06-25-2018 at 11:03 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
BearsLadyBear (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 11:18 AM

Thanked 5,949 Times in 3,103 Posts

Good luck and God Bless!!! I would never ever be involved with a person in prison again!! I wasn't MWI and my relationship suffered greatly due to the fact my husband couldn't seem to keep out of the only trade he really knew!!! Prison as far as I can tell just makes criminals just slicker!!! It does not change a person for the better thats for sure. As much as I loved my husband I had a really hard life being with him and honestly if I had a clue back when we met I never would have gotten involved with him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (06-29-2018), Dakini (06-28-2018), MizzyMuffling (06-26-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 01:42 PM
Coopers disciple

Everything is fine, were trying to figure out a few things but the only real problem is the distance. ( about 4.000 miles)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirin For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-25-2018), Sarianna (06-25-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 01:04 PM
Loving a Lifer!
Donation Award 

Glad you are happy!

I have been with my MWI for 4 years. We get along very well. I do love him but I really wish he was on the outside where we could go places like the beach, a restaurant, or the movies sometimes. It is what it is... I can't see my life without him. <3
BearsLadyBear (07-07-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Good luck and God Bless!!! I would never ever be involved with a person in prison again!! I wasn't MWI and my relationship suffered greatly due to the fact my husband couldn't seem to keep out of the only trade he really knew!!! Prison as far as I can tell just makes criminals just slicker!!! It does not change a person for the better thats for sure. As much as I loved my husband I had a really hard life being with him and honestly if I had a clue back when we met I never would have gotten involved with him.

aw gracia, and LOL chica, great seeing u this weekend chica,and i hear ya.I am enjoying him(what i know so far of him all year)and we are both so far smiling. I can "feel"how much you're still loving tu esposo(your husband)and i hear you loud and clear. 1 man i know changed completely, mi hermano( my brother)still doing great out here with this special bff, his woman, the 2 are still married going strong few yrs. since he been out so it can work(he younger/she older)so far they are good, keepin all negative/drama out, and that is key... and communication mutual respect .ya know. and trust. I still have 2 friends i mention here years ago both met MWI, they are still going strong. No problemo... none so far for a while now. both are still remaining out of prison thank god.
-

If it work grrreat! and if not, i will be again smiling'movin' on living mi great nice suburban vida(life)and with God leading the way,but i am really enjoying the G2K("Gettin' 2 Know Stage)ergo, time will tell and as always i am here at PTO giving great advice to those who need it and sharing mi journey again, see where this all go lol He is such a sweetie/cutie/nice.(and)

been through hell in IL., (hood part chicago)just been through it ALL, and it's sad... Yet, he want better, so time will tell.no rush on my end lol but... i am not about focusing on negative, just positive, so we will see, ya know. and mi eyes are wide-WIDE-open, and i am happy smiling,and that is without a man too! LOL just taking it slow,but enjoying this slow-burn friendship without trying to rush and label it,"even if he love to label us, already."I'm good with how it is "so far"going" god bless you too lady xo.
ABRAZAS!(hugs) and blessings siempre....adio..."

Last edited by a.rare.love; 06-29-2018 at 03:30 PM..
Old 06-29-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRmylife View Post
Hope this new relationship works out for you.

Good luck!

thanks a bunchies, chica. hola and good luck to you too uRmylife ... hello.

Time will tell but not rushing' NADA, even if he labeled us, i am saying special close amigo. I am good wit' that, and i love how we are going. but always wide-wide open, while i'm [B[not[/b] thinking H.E.A., (happily ever after) with him, et.al., because i believe in realistic-to just let it FLOW, and i know it's not to be some great big wonderful or some big "fantasy/un-realistic" story where i am seeing peaches and cream perfection.I am a realist about it all, in life, as many know this about me, for several years over here at PTO.
-
Hence, i am watching for any red flags all year... So far none. I am going to let it all just simply smooth-flow chica,
just to see where this all will go as i am more prudent/astute than to think that way after mi 4 years,a long time with ex fiancee, my ex-man i was with who is still pranking me SMDH, and at times even letting his # show hoping i am calling back.(i have not spoken to him since winter 2018.)I am very happy since then, and still doing well in life,so i am now ready to keep seeing where this can feasibly go without ANY fantasy-type of expectations. I really believe LIFE should NOT be wasted as i cite this here a long time. I believe ingetting to know someone outside or inside, prison/county jail, up the street, a store wherever you want long as you are being:

-Prudent about it... Keep it'movin, not to dwell on the past, as it can eat you up and keep you from really truly being happy in life.
-
-Astute woman, watchin for all red signs et.al., and enjoy! Life too short not to enjoy the only life we have and be safe about it all."

I want to be sure/not going to rush NADA, but smile all the way so far this year since we entered each other life and so far "so good"but being smart,not rushing no need. Sit back, let LIFE happen and simply see where GOD takes us in our newfound rare-special"friendship. We talk, continue to laugh, learn about "each other"as much as we can with the 15 minute calls et.al., weekly, write each week et.al., all the time, unless he is stuck inside his "temporary room"i call it. (in his cell from a lockdown a few x a week usually 2 to 3 x a week at times."
(ALOT)of times he is on lockdown, ridiculous at this 1 IL, jail/county et.al.,
-(Local Illinois News reports say short staff there)but so far he is consistent with the correo (mail) and stuff like that and opening up so much since late part of 1/2018. I just feel great to get to know him in a way i was not planning to after what i've been through and love being smart through it all without NADA(nothing) so far as to "not seeing any reason why i should not be friends this year with this young man."But, i do watch for all red flags. but not seeing em', not even one so far. Thank God lol and to all PTO'ers men + women, enjoy you weekend...hugs and blessings.adios...

Last edited by a.rare.love; 06-29-2018 at 04:00 PM..
Old 07-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Mrs. Al Amriki

Yes no stress no drama we are married now and loving each other!

The Following User Says Thank You to QueenJameelah For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJameelah View Post
Yes no stress no drama we are married now and loving each other!

I like this. Hola chica, hi Queen and congrats on your marriage that is great to see/read here tonight.

Hugs and Blessings to you both. Adios.

Love it.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:28 PM
<table background="http:/

Together 8 years, married almost 6 of them, he comes home in 905 days!