Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:45 PM

Default How do you deal with "possible" release

This September it will be 3 years since my husband got incarcerated. IF he gets his merit time he will be out July 2020. If not it will be May 2021. Now that it's coming down to the "possible" last year I'm finding myself more bothered by the fact of not knowing whether to look forward to next July or not. I feel like each month that passes it's only going to get harder. Do I get excited, do I not get excited? I'd like to get some insight on how others deal with that "possible" release date.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2019, 02:03 PM

Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,712 Posts

Prepare for the long haul, so you are pleasantly surprised if he makes his merit. Mine just tried shock and it didnt work. We hoped for 2 years, but it didnt. Now he has WR then merit. Im focusing on the later then the immediate just in case. It is to mentally protect myself and our relationship.

Overall, my advice is keep going as you have and if the merit hearing comes and he gets it you jump for joy. Usually it is a few months after that hearing they are released.

Just make sure he did all programs. He has a good record inside. Take additional programs and he works.

Last edited by onedayatatime13; 05-20-2019 at 02:06 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 02:27 PM

He did his vocational and now is doing ASAT. He's always had a job. One of the things that worries me is that he has had a few tier 2 tickets. To me it was minor stuff. Smoking where he wasn't suppose to and I think being somewhere he wasn't suppose to be. He says it's not major things but I'm not going by what he says. That may just be wishful thinking on his part.

I've been looking so forward to the final countdown of this last year and now that we're here I realize it may not be the last year. It sucks but I just keep trying to think that whether we have about a year or 2 years, it's still gonna come eventually. Just prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Thanks for the advice
The Following User Says Thank You to Babybaits419 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (05-23-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 05:06 PM

One step at a time. First he needs to complete ASAT yo get his merit certificate. Depending if he has a indeterminate or a flat bid. One is an early parole board appearance, one is no appearance, merely conditions set and both would the put you where you are now.
So just concentrate on getting the merit certificate.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:00 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,293 Times in 15,622 Posts

We had a general idea of when my hub was gonna be released. I just tried to keep putting one step in front of the other.
I'd try not to think of it, and just keep going.

Personally once it was finally time, it seemed fast. He was gone about 5.75 yrs.
So it didnt seem fast when it was happening. But as the time came close it felt fast.
What WAS super hard was the confusion over his parole term. We thought 3 yrs. Once released he was told 5 and only as he neared the end was told ...nope. Its 10.
Thank God they let him off parole at about the almost 6 yr mark. (out of the blue too, so that made it sweet!)
I was/am very happy to be done with CDCr.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-23-2019)