Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

View Poll Results: If the roles were reversed, would your LO do everything you have done?
Yes, Without a doubt 122 44.04%
No, They would drop me like a hot potato 30 10.83%
For a little while, then they would stop 42 15.16%
I don't know 83 29.96%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Spook's Lazy Butt

Llf hahahahah Hell no! we have never had this conversation but i doubt it, i dont blame him.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LillyVphoenix For This Useful Post:
Kerima (08-13-2014), Quetz (03-26-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2016, 04:50 PM

I'm sure my wife would want to stick by me and give me the support I'd need inside if our roles were reversed. I think I would probably try to convince her to make a life with someone else after I ran out of appeals. I'm not sure I'd be able to live with the guilt of letting her destroy her life for something I did. I wouldn't want her to grow old alone, with nobody to care for or about her.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:42 PM

my fiance swears he would do it...and I believe he would...at first but pretty soon couldn't hold out. Its easier for him to say that when he is in a controlled environment away from temptation.

It doesn't bother me, most men couldnt do a lot of things without the help of us ladies hahahaha!
Old 08-17-2016, 01:46 PM

I agree and would do the same. I know there are no set time limits but like anything over 10-ish years is kinda selfish to ask the person to stay committed even though some ladies dont mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
I'm sure my wife would want to stick by me and give me the support I'd need inside if our roles were reversed. I think I would probably try to convince her to make a life with someone else after I ran out of appeals. I'm not sure I'd be able to live with the guilt of letting her destroy her life for something I did. I wouldn't want her to grow old alone, with nobody to care for or about her.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apiratesheart For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 05:13 AM

We have talked about this and he said that he would without a doubt. I really hope it would never happen though as I wouldn't want him to go through all the emotions that I have. Hopefully I have more sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judiwoo View Post
We have talked about this and he said that he would without a doubt. I really hope it would never happen though as I wouldn't want him to go through all the emotions that I have. Hopefully I have more sense.
There are so many federal, state, county and local laws it's kind of surprising more of us aren't in the system. I think most of us have probably thought, "There but for the grace of God go I" while we sit in a room crowded with inmates during visits.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
xolady (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 11:39 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,825 Times in 5,324 Posts

I don't think I could do it. I give him a lot of credit for being in there and not allowing our very different lives to drive us apart. My head would go crazy with the "what ifs".

We talked about it. He swears he would because he knows what it's like to not have someone and, for him, he feels healthier being partnered. But in that conversation, he also said that it would be easy for him to put money on my books and keep the phone running, but coming to visit would be hard. I think his point was that he would hate coming back into that environment, would hate seeing me go through that stuff and then would have to walk away and leave me there. He's been in prison since the age of 19, so he doesn't really have a free-world view of a being a partner minus incarceration. It made sense to me.

I guess bottom line is between my neurosis and his past experience, we'd probably split up but remain solid friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 12:34 PM

Thanked 1,454 Times in 953 Posts

We ofcourse had this discussion. First of all I will never do anything to end up in prison if I can help it anyway but with that being said he told me with out a doubt he would be there for me. He would visit he would send me money and he would put money on the phone. Writing is a different story. He said he would jpay but that's about it. He's the same now though. And he said it would be hard on him to visit because he wouldn't want to leave me there but I go through that visiting him so it's the same. Put Our love will keep us strong and we can make it through anything but I will not be alone again. He knows this and I know this but I'll never be divorced so he knows to be good and so do I.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
... would hate seeing me go through that stuff and then would have to walk away and leave me there. ...
Leaving her behind is always very hard.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
miamac (10-28-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 05:03 AM
Coopers disciple

He would write, maybe send something now and then, but not much more than that. He would be very busy all the time.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:23 PM

Thanked 3,966 Times in 2,126 Posts

I am actually very honest on this one and I say hell no my husband would never have done what I did but I really never expected I'd ever go to prison either. I knew what I was getting involved with and so did he. I was like the poster child for what a wife should be, he was what my mother always warned me about!!! I was just talking to my MIL and I told her I am still so not ready to ever meet a man. She hates that I'm alone and really would love for me to meet someone, and said my husband would want me to be happy and find someone.. I just don't believe it, and I know he never would have stuck by me the way I did him. If nothing he was honest and was like are you kidding when I asked him this, I said no not joking he said honey I love you with all my heart and no one could ever come close to filling your shoes but I'm not sure I could live with out someone in my life everyday. I never found out and I don't know but I just don't think most men are like women when it comes to fidelity.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:51 PM

No, and I'd never expect it. Women (and the rare man) are built to take care of and nurture even if we have to do so from afar. You have to have a special kind of heart and love for a man or a woman to do this. I can see how B's crime occurred and all I am for him is all he never had in life growing up. When you get involved in an MWI you choose it, I chose this. He would never choose such a thing if the roles were reversed.

Just as a P.S I was also a military wife twice over dealing with long deployments so maybe that gave me some practice... dang I never thought of it, how huge a difference between the reasons my men were away!

Last edited by InLuvWithALifer; 11-13-2017 at 07:54 PM..
Old 11-13-2017, 10:26 PM

Default If the Roles were reversed?

Sorry trying to delete post as it did not apply to topic.

Last edited by MrsDeeKay; 11-13-2017 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: Edited to delete.... not a long time offender so post doesn’t apply