Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) located in San Diego, California.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2021, 01:19 PM
Caliviben Caliviben is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Californ
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Who do we contact if our loved one isnt recieving proper medical care

Who do i contact or what is the process to bring attention to an inmate not recieving proper care at R J Donovan? Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2021, 02:06 PM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 30,989
Thanks: 50,630
Thanked 24,337 Times in 13,944 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you get answers from folks who know. Here's a link to the website of the California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS).

and the CDCR Ombudsman for "How can the Office of the Ombudsman help me with Medical Issues?"

For either agency to discuss the prisoner's medical conditions requires him to make the inquiries himself, or to submit a HIPAA authorization allowing them to disclose his medical issues with you.

CDCR 7385 (Rev. 11/14)

Last edited by fbopnomore; 02-23-2021 at 02:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (02-23-2021), sidewalker (02-25-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 06:16 PM
gvalliant gvalliant is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: California
Posts: 909
Thanks: 1,663
Thanked 1,773 Times in 751 Posts

Mostly it is up to your LO to bring attention. CDCR Form 7362 is used by inmates to request medical / health care. If he has a medical issue I assume he has been submitting those on more than one occasion and not receiving satisfactory medical care?

If so, his next course is to submit a 602HC Health Care Grievance form. That will go to the prison Health Care CEO. It sucks but CEO's will take their sweet time responding. They will either agree and order the Doctor to do something else or they will do nothing and say that your LO is getting great health care. Then he can submit another 602HC to Sacramento. They will also take their sweet time and respond like prison Health Care CEO with a yes or no.

If he hasn't gone through that, he should. Meantime from your POV I think fbopnomore outlined what you can / need to do.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-23-2021), sidewalker (02-25-2021)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need advice b/f not getting proper medical care! brattm General Health Care 7 07-03-2010 01:01 PM
husband not getting proper medical care LGP Prison & Criminal Legal Help! 5 04-17-2008 02:48 PM
Help? Proper Medical Care? 2nmb2think General Health Care 2 05-09-2007 04:55 PM
Angry that our loved ones do not recieve proper medical care - kayekaye PTO Lounge 2 01-21-2004 01:58 PM
Lack of proper medical care nancycmc General Health Care 5 10-09-2002 08:59 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:47 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics