Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:36 AM

Default Rebuilding my relationship with my mom

Rebuilding my relationship with my mom is one thing I am glad I did.Admit it was tough putting her through a lot from my bad dad.I still remember the first time I was arrested at age 14 for assaulting a police officer.She wasn't too happy with me at all.Same with me getting a minor in possession at age 15,16 and 17.We argued a lot over the bad people I hung around and me making the bad choices in life.One was finding out I was pregnant with my daughter at age 16,told me I screwed up and part of my teen life was taken away.She thought I had my life straightened out when I was 17,did.It was 2 weeks after I graduated from high school,an ex boyfriend got me to steal a car.Was caught with it 2 days later and arrested for auto theft.Mom was real angry with me.Told me I blew it and told her I knew this.I was facing 10 years,I worked with the prosecutor telling where 4 stolen cars were which my ex stolen were.Found them and got 5 years which the judge approved it.While doing my time,I knew I hurt my mom big time.Cell mate I was with told me I needed to stop what I was doing also think about what I did to her including a couple more inmates.I did and realized they were right.A day after I got out after doing my time.Mom and I talked,looked at her and apologized for everything I put her through and wanted to work things out with her.Accepted my apology and worked things out from help with a family therapist.Both opened up more and I said it was after my dad left when I was about 5 years old everything changed.Our relationship is a lot better and love saved us.One certain song from Sara Evans reminded of everything what we went through listening to it.It was this song,
The Following User Says Thank You to AllisonMI For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-13-2021)
Sponsored Links