Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:20 PM

Default Does the attorney speak to 3rd Voter

I know I should be asking the attorneys office, but just curious. Does any one know if you have an attorney and the case goes to the third voter can the attorney speak to that voter or do they only get to speak to the lead voter?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2010, 09:11 PM

Thanked 4,963 Times in 2,974 Posts

From all I have heard it is only the first voter that someone may speak with but I feel certain that if the voter wants to speak with someone they will do so at their discretion. Some attorney's may be well enough in with the board to be afforded the opportunity but I can't recall anyone posting about such a case so I can't say one way or the other about that.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
flint812

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinsMan View Post
From all I have heard it is only the first voter that someone may speak with but I feel certain that if the voter wants to speak with someone they will do so at their discretion. Some attorney's may be well enough in with the board to be afforded the opportunity but I can't recall anyone posting about such a case so I can't say one way or the other about that.
Just had this situation yesterday..had a split vote as of this past Monday and attorney called and spoke with the 3rd voter and got an FI-2 (this was his first time up for parole)....so it was great news for him!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint812 View Post
Just had this situation yesterday..had a split vote as of this past Monday and attorney called and spoke with the 3rd voter and got an FI-2 (this was his first time up for parole)....so it was great news for him!!!!
WooHoo!! That's great! May I ask which attorney he is using? It seems some do a lot more for you then others.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:12 AM
flint812

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritarose View Post
WooHoo!! That's great! May I ask which attorney he is using? It seems some do a lot more for you then others.
Lori Redmond...will be honest up until that point i wasn't so sure needed attorney since i had done a lot of the work on the packet, but, however when push came to shove and we arrived at a split vote I would not have had a clue as to how to find out not only who the third voter was but definitely wouldn't have been able to call him and plead case for him, so in his case it turned out to be well worth the money because he could have easily gotten a year set-off and at that point there would not have been a thing we could do....hope this helps