Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-03-2010, 06:20 PM
clkaty clkaty is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 166
Thanks: 76
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Default Does the attorney speak to 3rd Voter

I know I should be asking the attorneys office, but just curious. Does any one know if you have an attorney and the case goes to the third voter can the attorney speak to that voter or do they only get to speak to the lead voter?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-07-2010, 09:11 PM
RobinsMan's Avatar
RobinsMan RobinsMan is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 4,963 Times in 2,974 Posts
Default

From all I have heard it is only the first voter that someone may speak with but I feel certain that if the voter wants to speak with someone they will do so at their discretion. Some attorney's may be well enough in with the board to be afforded the opportunity but I can't recall anyone posting about such a case so I can't say one way or the other about that.
__________________
Royce
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
flint812's Avatar
flint812 flint812 is offline
flint812
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas United States
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinsMan View Post
From all I have heard it is only the first voter that someone may speak with but I feel certain that if the voter wants to speak with someone they will do so at their discretion. Some attorney's may be well enough in with the board to be afforded the opportunity but I can't recall anyone posting about such a case so I can't say one way or the other about that.
Just had this situation yesterday..had a split vote as of this past Monday and attorney called and spoke with the 3rd voter and got an FI-2 (this was his first time up for parole)....so it was great news for him!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2010, 08:43 PM
ritarose ritarose is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 38
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint812 View Post
Just had this situation yesterday..had a split vote as of this past Monday and attorney called and spoke with the 3rd voter and got an FI-2 (this was his first time up for parole)....so it was great news for him!!!!
WooHoo!! That's great! May I ask which attorney he is using? It seems some do a lot more for you then others.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2010, 08:12 AM
flint812's Avatar
flint812 flint812 is offline
flint812
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas United States
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritarose View Post
WooHoo!! That's great! May I ask which attorney he is using? It seems some do a lot more for you then others.
Lori Redmond...will be honest up until that point i wasn't so sure needed attorney since i had done a lot of the work on the packet, but, however when push came to shove and we arrived at a split vote I would not have had a clue as to how to find out not only who the third voter was but definitely wouldn't have been able to call him and plead case for him, so in his case it turned out to be well worth the money because he could have easily gotten a year set-off and at that point there would not have been a thing we could do....hope this helps
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:01 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics