Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:02 PM

Default Allowed a notary while on non contact visits?

Hello, i need to get a document signed & notarized by my LO. Does anyone know if he is allowed to meet with a notary if he is on non contact visits? I know legal stuff is different, but the document isnít necessarily a legal one pertaining to his case or anything. Heís calling me tomorrow or this weekend and Iíll ask him but just wondering if anyone could give me an answer before then.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2018, 07:08 PM

There is a notaryon every yard. It costs $1 that they will take off his books. Tell him to ask the bubble or talk to his CO3
The Following User Says Thank You to mama_pig For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (11-10-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_pig View Post
There is a notaryon every yard. It costs $1 that they will take off his books. Tell him to ask the bubble or talk to his CO3
Oh i didnít know that! Iím three hours away and since he doesnít have contact visits i wasnít going to drive there. the mobile notary i found allowed me to send the document and they would send it back. I probably wouldnít be able to do that with the prison notary itself right?
Old 11-08-2018, 07:46 PM

I recently sent my husband some forms that needed to be notarized and he met with the CO3 who is a notary (not all of them are but there is at least one per yard) and then he sent them back Your mobile notary would need to be approved and on his visit list or approved through the prison, which is unlikely because they already have them there. It does not count as a legal visit.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:47 PM

Just send him whatever he needs to sign and he can mail them back.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_pig View Post
I recently sent my husband some forms that needed to be notarized and he met with the CO3 who is a notary (not all of them are but there is at least one per yard) and then he sent them back Your mobile notary would need to be approved and on his visit list or approved through the prison, which is unlikely because they already have them there. It does not count as a legal visit.
This notary was allowed to service the prison in Yuma. Itís a car title that needs to be notarized so i doubt they would let me send that directly to the inmate. I will call the prison tomorrow and clarify before i send this document to the notary and pay $80. Thank you so much for your input!
Old 11-08-2018, 08:00 PM

Ooohhhhh. That would make sense.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:37 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,174 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjz1234 View Post
Hello, i need to get a document signed & notarized by my LO. Does anyone know if he is allowed to meet with a notary if he is on non contact visits? I know legal stuff is different, but the document isnít necessarily a legal one pertaining to his case or anything. Heís calling me tomorrow or this weekend and Iíll ask him but just wondering if anyone could give me an answer before then.
Send him the document. He can go to the CO3 who will arrange for it to be notarized. Doesn't matter that is has nothing to do with his case. I sent my son a Will and 2 POAs to sign, they required 2 witnesses and a notary, which wasn't a problem. My son then mailed the signed documents back (after making copies for the prison and himself). The fees came off his books.