Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Default JPay Censored Mail Warning

Recently received an email from JPay saying they censored my mail due to me sending a picture of another inmate. I sent a pic of my girl with her man to my guy which is something I've done before without an issue.

My guy said he also got the same warning, that my message wouldn't go through. But on his end they didn't say why.

Has anyone had this happen where u get an actual notice from JPay? Is this JPay rules or the State's rules?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy7676 View Post
Recently received an email from JPay saying they censored my mail due to me sending a picture of another inmate. I sent a pic of my girl with her man to my guy which is something I've done before without an issue.

My guy said he also got the same warning, that my message wouldn't go through. But on his end they didn't say why.

Has anyone had this happen where u get an actual notice from JPay? Is this JPay rules or the State's rules?
Sounds like you violated the rules of jpay and you might be temporary suspended
The Following User Says Thank You to upsetspouse For This Useful Post:
Brandy7676 (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Donation Award 

Yes I got a similar email a couple of months ago, it was a state rule, because in my case I was sending a picture of myself with a glas in the background which had alcoholic content. And once because a cigarette was on the picture and here my friend said that in their case, in her state it is forbidden to get pictures where cigarettes or alcohol can be seen. So it was deleted from the mail room. Not from jpay.
The Following User Says Thank You to mauri23 For This Useful Post:
Brandy7676 (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauri23 View Post
Yes I got a similar email a couple of months ago, it was a state rule, because in my case I was sending a picture of myself with a glas in the background which had alcoholic content. And once because a cigarette was on the picture and here my friend said that in their case, in her state it is forbidden to get pictures where cigarettes or alcohol can be seen. So it was deleted from the mail room. Not from jpay.
Omg that's a strict rule with the alcohol in glass, in the background.

I gave up trying to figure out why they censor what I consider small things like what you mentioned. They're all adults in there haha
Old 11-09-2018, 02:23 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,481 Times in 3,997 Posts

It might be that the state does not allow you to send pictures of inmates to other inmates.It may be seen as a security risk,

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army

Last edited by maytayah; 11-09-2018 at 02:29 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Brandy7676 (11-09-2018), sidewalker (11-11-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsetspouse View Post
Sounds like you violated the rules of jpay and you might be temporary suspended
It must be just a warning because I'm still able to send messages. I wish the state or jpay had a list of what's acceptable with pictures. I know the obvious too sexy picture rule but sending pics of other people doesn't seem obvious.

Looking back it's definitely a state rule cuz on that same day I sent another prison picture successfully. But the people in it were from a different state with different uniform.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brandy7676 For This Useful Post:
Mama33 (11-11-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
It might be that the state does not allow you to send pictures of inmates to other inmates.It may be seen as a security risk,
That sounds right.

It was strange that I've been sending pics like this before without an issue.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:12 PM

Check photos for any gang signs being thrown, even in jest.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Donation Award 

they are very picky. I have sent a videogram and it get censored for too much clevage and there was barely any... ive had pictures get through with an insane amount of cleavage and them some get censored for sending him a picture of me and 2 of my best friends at a bar and there was no booze in them.. it all depends on who is going through the emails and videos that day and its actually someone from the facility not jpay from what we have been told. that its a CO at the facility that monitors incoming and outgoing emails/videos. so one person could think its nothing major and someone else think its inappropriate.. so I stopped wasting the stamps and just got pictures printed and send them that way.

one day closer

The Following User Says Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
Brandy7676 (11-09-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 07:57 AM

I got one once for sending a screen shot. But later they let the image through. I had screen shot the receipt from when I ordered his tablet. Just so he had the confirmation number.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:52 PM

Thanked 1,524 Times in 610 Posts

I had a problem with an email I sent my son. It wasn't delivered to him so I called Jpay. They told me it had been delivered but apparently, the prison rejected it. All I sent was a regular email with the bio of 2 different attorneys in it so he could decide which he wanted to use on a leveling case he was appealing. There were no pictures or explicit language. Go figure!
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-11-2018)