Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 08-06-2006, 05:24 PM

Thumbs up Got A Question?? I Will Do My Best To Answer.

Got a Question regarding processes in Prison. Ask away and I will try to answer it. If I can't I will tell you someone who can.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2006, 06:05 PM

Thank You!!! We will try to answer your questions as well.

Old 08-06-2006, 08:44 PM

SGT What is meritorious good time? he says he has 50 of this. where does it come from?

Chainsaw is HOME as of 3:15 am on March 30, 2007.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedealer
SGT What is meritorious good time? he says he has 50 of this. where does it come from?
Wait a minute missy, I know this answer (well I think I do)... it is a credit on an inmates sentence for performing an exceptionally meritorious service or a duty of outstanding importance. So he has been credited 50 days good time. From my understanding you can only get 10 days for every month served. He should be eligible for honor dorm. Sgt, am I right???

Last edited by WaitN4Him; 08-06-2006 at 09:03 PM..
Old 08-06-2006, 09:20 PM

well waitn he is not in prison he is outside the fence in the dorms he is in maintance in carpentry. he also mentioned today that if they leave him there which he hopes he will get 28 days for worktime and he they also added a month to his serves because of his parole violation. and he also mentioned about 120 days before his serve out date they have to re-evaluate his serve out date because of all these figures and if so that will happen in march and he could possibly be out by april 1st. because his sentence was set up to wherever his serve out date ends he gets out at the beginning of the month.

Old 08-06-2006, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedealer
well waitn he is not in prison he is outside the fence in the dorms he is in maintance in carpentry. he also mentioned today that if they leave him there which he hopes he will get 28 days for worktime and he they also added a month to his serves because of his parole violation. and he also mentioned about 120 days before his serve out date they have to re-evaluate his serve out date because of all these figures and if so that will happen in march and he could possibly be out by april 1st. because his sentence was set up to wherever his serve out date ends he gets out at the beginning of the month.
What? He isn't in prison??? You mean he's outside the fence in min security work program??? Now your confusing me lady. That's not hard to do though. So he has 50 days meritous time, 28 days work time, good time??? educational time??? any of those? And what exactly about the 120 days? When did he go in again and how much jail time did he do?

Old 08-06-2006, 09:39 PM

okay we will work it this way. he was picked up may 25 2006 here where i live in indiana. they moved him to kentucky on june 1stin a county jail. he went to RCC july 3rd and went to WKCC on july 18th i think. so you tell me how much jail time? he is classified D min security (i guess work program) which is outside the fence. i dont know about good time or educational time i did not know him then. he said something too about the months he was out which was august, september, october, november, december, and january before getting turned in for parole violation. 120 days before he serves out he sees the board again to make sure they do not go over his out date i guess.

Last edited by rosedealer; 08-06-2006 at 09:42 PM..
Old 08-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Account Closed

i was if anyone could tell me what custody/security level would you be in if you were sent in on a 14 year drug with 8 years left to go, my friend is in on a drug charge and im a bit worried about him
Old 08-06-2006, 10:59 PM

Sgt, do you work at EKCC? or is that information not allowed? Just curious.....
MISSING MY SOULMATE CLUB #74
FAITHFULLY WAITING CLUB MEMEBER #161
2007 CLUB #102
Hes home
as of Jan 28th. 08
Thank You God
Old 08-07-2006, 06:57 PM

Princess....I can't promise but I am almost definate that it would be med sec. However if you know what facility he is at here in KY we would probably be able to tell you the status more specific.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:31 AM

SGT. I was just wondering if you could tell me how does parole work for someone who is in on a PV. My brother was arrested in Nov. for a PV, but his time didn't start until Feb. when the board found him guilty. He was sentenced to serve 10 months, which will put him back in front of the board in Nov.. What are his chances of getting back out and how long will it take them to release if he does get paroled. The parole violation wasn't anything serious if that helps. He went out of county to help his daughter and they nailed him. I was also wondering if he will have the same parole officer? We had some major issues with the first one. I think he is the reason my brother is back in to begin with, he said from the beginning that it was his job to put him back in prison and that is what he was going to do. Well, low and behold 4 months later he went back in (imagine that)!! Any input you could give would be great. Thank you!!!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:27 AM
wifey for life

Is there a way to find out if a loved one caught any cases while on the inside? and Can we find out how much good time credit they have?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:33 PM
His willing prisoner

I have a question. My friend told me that her husband was having a rehearing. I thought that once an inmate went in front of the parole board and they gave him a deferment that they did not go in front of the board again until those months were up. Is this not true and does the inmate request a rehearing or is it something that they just do?

GO CARDS!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callen
I have a question. My friend told me that her husband was having a rehearing. I thought that once an inmate went in front of the parole board and they gave him a deferment that they did not go in front of the board again until those months were up. Is this not true and does the inmate request a rehearing or is it something that they just do?

An inmate can appeal what the parole board's decision how ever he has to have good reason to. Like evicence that he wasn't treated fairly. You may want to check the DOC webpage and Kris may have posted it in one of the subforums.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:53 AM

I am so sorry that I have been abscent. I have been out of state on some important family business. I will answer all of these questions asap. Again I apologize for the delay.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:26 PM

Hi Me and my fiance are wanting to get married and i was wanting to know the process for this! Will we be able to have a ceramony? Will he be able to wear a wedding band? Will are family be able to come? Will be able to have any time alone? And what do I have to do to get the ball rolling?? I would be very thankful for any info THANKS!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:35 AM

the one that would be able to tell you that will be Mrs Allen being she is the one that has been married just recently. she goes by callen on here in the ky blue grass cafe. welcome to the forum and PTO.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:52 AM
His willing prisoner

Joshsbabygurl- I dont know if the rules are the same for every kentucky facility. I got married at Luther Luckett. My husbands case worker got the paper work for us and that was in Feb 2006. They didnt approve it until June of 2006. They sent me some papers in the mail and I had to go to the clerks office and get our marriage license. They set a date and I went to the prison that day. I took his mom and sister. They told us that we could have 4 guests, no children. I had the choice between a baptist minister and the justice of the peace. The justice of the peace was 50.00 the baptist minister was 60.00. I chose the baptist minister. We stood in front of the minister and he married us. We had two hours for the whole process. They had messed up on count that day, so our two hours was spent waiting for them to get count right. (they had one too many, isnt that dumb?). After we were married, we were allowed to hug and kiss one more time and they made him go back. I am pretty sure that we would not have received alone time, even if we would have gotten the whole two hours. That was it.

Hope I helped you a little.

GO CARDS!
Old 09-13-2006, 10:54 AM
His willing prisoner

Joshsbabygurl- Im sorry I forgot about the rings. My husband is allowed to wear his ring all the time. I am allowed to wear my ring to visit. They usually dont allow jewelry where he is at for visit. I am allowed to wear my wedding ring and my cross necklace.

Sorry I forgot that.

GO CARDS!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,092 Times in 568 Posts

Meritorious Good Time is up to the discetion of the Warden at the facility they are incarcerated in. Some wardens are more generous with it than others. Usually it is based on their behavior during the year. Whatever other criteria it is based on, haven't been able to determine it. I can tell you though some Wardens only will give it if there has been no write ups.

We even have one Warden who hardly gives it at all. He is from the old school and old way of thinking that noone incarcerated deserves it.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 09-13-2006, 08:34 PM

thank you babygirl

Old 09-16-2006, 10:49 PM
living day by day

ok heres a question...my sons plea agreement said he would be transfered to Michigan ,that was three years ago how do i go about making them make good on his plea agreement ..i would like to get him home to Michiagn as we(mom and dad) are both in bad health and travel is hard for us Thanks for any help Cheryl aka RedsMom
Old 09-17-2006, 03:56 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsMom
ok heres a question...my sons plea agreement said he would be transfered to Michigan ,that was three years ago how do i go about making them make good on his plea agreement ..i would like to get him home to Michiagn as we(mom and dad) are both in bad health and travel is hard for us Thanks for any help Cheryl aka RedsMom
Was the plea agreement to go to Michigan once he was through with Kentucky time? If it was and he has been released from Kentucky then Michigan has a limited amount of time to come and pick him up here. "I think" it is somewhere between 90-120 days for Michigan to come and get him.

If you are really anxious to get him back to Michigan, you may want to start contacting the Prosecutor in Michigan to let them know he is waiting.

Good luck to you and your son.
May she rest in peace.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:01 PM
living day by day

no he was suppose to be sent to a michigan prison to serve his kentucky sentence because of fear of harm from his co-defendent in his case so kentucky basically said you take this plea we will send you to michigan and that hasnt happened yet
Old 09-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsMom
no he was suppose to be sent to a michigan prison to serve his kentucky sentence because of fear of harm from his co-defendent in his case so kentucky basically said you take this plea we will send you to michigan and that hasnt happened yet
Oh, I understand now. Wowee, and they have let him sit here all of this time. That is amazing. I am sorry you have had to endure this. I don't suppose you or your son has anything in writing about this agreement do you? If Kentucky offered that, then it is Kentucky that would have to transport him to Michigan.

My gut is telling me that someway, somehow you are going to have to get it back in court. I doubt very seriously if it is just all of a sudden going to happen on it's own.

The only other thing that I guess I would suggest is to call Frankfort - Dept. of Corrections and let them get involved with it. I would think they would want your son out of here as fast as they could get him out for fear of something happening while in their custody.

Good luck to you and your son. Hoping for the best for both of you.
May she rest in peace.