Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Maryland prison system.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:54 PM

Default Maryland abuses prisoners, tortures mental health patients

from a Maryland prisoner's letter:

I'm incarcerated at Maryland's North Branch Correctional Institution in Cumberland, Maryland. I'm writing this for me and my fellow prisoners: we need help. I have been here at NBCI in the segregation unit for two years now and there is a serious problem here at NBCI. There is a big ring of corrupt racist white renegade prison guards employed here at NBCI. These guards are anti-social/racist towards Black prisoners. They provoke, curse, challenge to fight, call them niggers, bitches, etc.

They broke the legs of one of my fellow comrades who I'm close to, and no one did anything to help. These prison guards take our food, recreation, and showers for days at a time. They spray us with pepper spray out of the blue for reasons that are still unknown. I have been a victim of that twice. I have tried to fight back but I'm one lone prisoner. Other prisoners are afraid to back me because they fear losing what little they have: single cells, TVs, etc. They are afraid of having their property sent home, being beaten and/or thrown in the segregation unit.

The prison administration mental health patients housed in the prison who are Axis 1 diagnosis throw feces on other prisoners on the tiers and the prison guards feed prisoners while the feces are on the tier. Prison guards abuse these Axis 1 diagnosis mental health patients: agitate, provoke, mock, call them stupid and retard. These corrupt guards also constantly break their chain of command. They are not disciplined for their violations of Maryland Division of Corrections Directives. Even the Request for Administrative Remedy (ARP) process is corrupt.

For more information see prisoncensorship dot info
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Mike's Wifey

i don't doubt it. that area is EXTREMELY racist towards blacks. my fiancee is next door to NBCI & he's white & has said something about how the guards treat the black inmates. & even to the other races they deny them food, recreation, & showers. my fiancee is only allowed 3 showers a week because he is on admin segregation but yet we got a letter saying he's considered a low-risk inmate. well if he's low risk why is he still on segregation & in a maximum security prison. that place makes NO sense.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:39 PM

It's a darn shame how they put people in prison and treat them like animals. Our so called justice for all nation. But yet they let acts like this go on and turn a blind eye. They are no better than the accused criminals they lock up.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluedevil 2 For This Useful Post:
MikesWifey (08-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 09:04 PM

Hi I'm just seeing this and I am outraged but not surprised let me know if any action has been taken and if not let me know who is with me because this has to be exposed ASAP they can't get away with this just because they are prisoners doesn't mean there human rights can be violated
The Following User Says Thank You to jamia30 For This Useful Post:
Jinty62 (09-19-2012)
Old 10-07-2013, 06:23 AM

Thumbs down nbci abuse

This inhumane treatment continues. I received a letter from a friend asking for help. There have even been cases where a black inmate was restrained and white supremicist member were allowed to assault them. We have got to give these men voices! Please help.