Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Maryland prison system.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:42 AM
~*~ Mrs. Moore ~*~

Thumbs down Brockbridge Stabbing

Several Inmates Stabbed at Maryland Facility

Updated: Saturday, 21 Aug 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
Published : Saturday, 21 Aug 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
JESSUP, Md. - Corrections officials say several inmates have been stabbed at the Brockbridge Correctional Facility in Anne Arundel County.
Mark Vernarelli, spokesman for the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, says it happened late Friday at the unit, which houses inmates with two years or less on their sentences.
Seven inmates were taken to hospitals; another was treated at the facility. The spokesman says at least one injury appears to be serious. No correctional officers were hurt.
Vernarelli says several simultaneous fights broke out at the facility. Maryland State police are at the scene.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2010, 11:19 PM

Of course no CO's were injured bc no one did anything when it was happening. No disiplinary action was taken. Not one of the guys who did the stabbing was moved out of the unit. Dispicable.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-22-2010, 10:57 AM
~*~ Mrs. Moore ~*~

wow do you know any of the names of people that were involved?? my husband was asking me if i knew. can you private message me if you do
Old 08-23-2010, 12:17 AM

I will definately try to get some info for you. I'll have to wait until the next time hubby checks in tho. Im a nervous wreck everyday waiting for him to call, lol. I know the one last week was in the afternoon yard cus my man was out there for that one. I'll PM you if I get the gossip.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-23-2010, 12:31 PM
~*~ Mrs. Moore ~*~

lol thanks! he was asking since he used to be over there. anyway to keep track of his "boys" lol haha
Old 08-25-2010, 11:45 PM

Yeah, I feel ya! I don't have any names for you, but I thought you could at least give your man the scoop. So apparently a crip inmate disturbed a Muslim inmate during prayer in the service they were having for Ramadan. The went back to the Montomery dorm and geared up to fight. This was all during the day in which there were no Co's around, and no counts were done. When an older male officer first entered the dorm someone jumped up and they started fighting. The CO ran out and none came in to break up the fight. Then, in the back of the dorm, a white dude with a batt sock jumped a Muslim, and then 15 or so CO's came in and broke it up. My man said it was pretty lame and the only stabbing he saw was the only one he heard to be serious and it was in the head. They moved everyone around the next day, and some guys did leave.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy